860 replies to this topic

#191 seaprincess

seaprincess
  • 753 posts

Posted 21 August 2008 - 09:21 AM

Quote:
    Originally Posted by teacherbride
    Your flowers are gorgeous!

I think I'll head out to the bay tonight. Yikes, feeling a little overwhelmed this morning!
    Hey! I'm in the same boat, I am starting to have some anxiety about getting the clothes before they aren't in stores any more. Plus I practically have to drag my FI shopping with me b/c he could care less what he wears...When people ask him what he will be wearing for the wedding, he looks at me and says to them, " I don't know, Lindsay hasn't told me yet." He honestly would rather I laid out his clothes on a daily basis...Can't help but love him because he's happy with whatever I choose, but he can be a bit frustrating with his laid back attitude at times.
    Lindsay and Jamie - January 28, 2009

#192 kate.com

kate.com

VIP Member

• VIP Member
    • 8,921 posts

Posted 21 August 2008 - 09:38 AM

I am in the same boat with the Groom and GM's clothes... not for a lack of trying, more... not getting anywhere fast! And the sale thing is good... but I have a bunch of hockey players too! Go figure, no sizes available!

#193 Amarillis

Amarillis
      • 1,913 posts

Posted 21 August 2008 - 10:11 AM

LINDSAY! your bouquet is amazing!!!!!

Ladies, I am in the same boat with my FI, and groomsman (2 of them), I told them - 'by the end of September, YOU NEED TO GET YOUR OUTFITS FOR THE WEDDING' - I don't think I could have been anymore clear!

We have the guayaberas for the guys (spanish/cuban tuxedo shirts), and I have an online supplier lined up for more, for my dad, and FFIL. Beach Wedding Shirts | Guayaberas, Linen Pants, Boys Linen Shirts, Mexican Wedding Shirts. We will be ordering shirts for them to wear at the wedding, and I am thinking of extending the option for guayaberas to all other male guests attending the wedding.

Speaking of wedding attendance 80 - eighty - EIGHTY! people are booked thus far. This is wild.

I have been in contact with a couple of vendors for flowers, and will be choosing one really soon - I hope. I was thinking of doing a DIY, but for the sake of my sanity have chosen against that.

I am STOKED - THIS WEEKEND I am picking up my dress!!!!! Yay! I hope it goes well.

Other than that, I better get cracking on the guest gifts etc.... at this point we have definately decided against OOT bags - the estimated cost for each was about $40.00 per couple and one each for single guests, and we were doing one per child ($30 x 13 kids) - it is just too expensive.

We have decided to do the following...
        1. Custom Luggage Tags (these are awesome!) Pics to come!
        2. Custom Travel Mugs
        3. Custom Wedding Tees

and when we get there, we'll be doing a mixer of some sort - possibly an evening on a catamaran... FI is budget stressed....

eeik!

#194 kate.com

kate.com

VIP Member

• VIP Member
        • 8,921 posts

Posted 21 August 2008 - 10:42 AM

Amarillis that is so awesome that you have so many people joining you in Cuba!! Did I miss why you picked that location? Do you have any pictures??

#195 teacherbride

teacherbride
          • 354 posts

Posted 21 August 2008 - 01:03 PM

Amarillis, Have you decided where you are getting your travel mugs done? I've been looking around but everywhere is pretty pricey. I'm trying to find somewhere Canadian too, to cut down on shipping costs.

Let me know if you've got a good lead!

#196 Amarillis

Amarillis
            • 1,913 posts

Posted 21 August 2008 - 01:26 PM

We ended up choosing this location based on our visit to Varadero in 2008 - We went in February to find a great resort to be married at.

Our first choice was Melia Las Antillas - which, only a day or two before making a monster deposit, decided that they were not open to children in 2009.

My future in laws, and future sibling in laws, PROMISED their children that they could go to their Uncle's wedding.

Thus, we went back to our notes from our research trip.

We chose the Barcelo Marina Palace for many reasons, some of which can be found in my site visit review of the resort

Click the image to open in full size.

Click the image to open in full size.

#197 SBlake

SBlake
              • 150 posts

Posted 21 August 2008 - 03:55 PM

So I knew one of my bridesmaids was going to be 6months pregnant at our wedding. I just found out she is pregnant with identical twins!!!! How crazy! I'm so excited for her but bummed she won't be able to come to the wedding now. She said she was going to plan on coming but I work with pregnant women and there is no way her docs are going to let her go to Mexico when she is 6months pregnant! How crazy, I still can't wrap my mind around her having twins! She already has two kids and she is 27. I just can't believe it!

#198 Davematthews16

Davematthews16
                • Banned
                • 1,051 posts

Posted 21 August 2008 - 04:22 PM

Quote:
                  Originally Posted by SBlake
                  So I knew one of my bridesmaids was going to be 6months pregnant at our wedding. I just found out she is pregnant with identical twins!!!! How crazy! I'm so excited for her but bummed she won't be able to come to the wedding now. She said she was going to plan on coming but I work with pregnant women and there is no way her docs are going to let her go to Mexico when she is 6months pregnant! How crazy, I still can't wrap my mind around her having twins! She already has two kids and she is 27. I just can't believe it!
                  Wow, what a fun suprise for her! I'm sorry she won't be able to make it to your wedding Sometimes it seems like the people you were sure would come, have something come up, and the ones you least expect are the first to book! (That's how it's been with me anyway) Are you going to "replace her" or just have one more GM?

#199 kate.com

kate.com

VIP Member

• VIP Member
                  • 8,921 posts

Posted 21 August 2008 - 04:30 PM

Wow! That's great Amarillis!!! Looks beautiful.. and so fun to have kids there to enjoy your special day... they have such a unique perspective on things... Im sure they will see things you might have missed!

Sblake... bummer about your friend not being able to make it, but how exciting about the twins!

#200 kate.com

kate.com

VIP Member

• VIP Member
                    • 8,921 posts

Posted 21 August 2008 - 04:30 PM

Wow! That's great Amarillis!!! Looks beautiful.. and so fun to have kids there to enjoy your special day... they have such a unique perspective on things... Im sure they will see things you might have missed!

Sblake... bummer about your friend not being able to make it, but how exciting about the twins!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users