Photo

January 2009 Brides Post Here

• Please log in to reply
860 replies to this topic

#171 seaprincess

seaprincess
  • 753 posts

Posted 16 August 2008 - 01:51 PM

I'm doing a BD session for my FI for a wedding gift as well as a buying him a nice watch and having the back engraved with our wedding date. I know that he'll love both so thats my motive. I wanted something that would last a lifetime (hopefully).
    Lindsay and Jamie - January 28, 2009

#172 Dez921714

Dez921714
    • 1,489 posts

Posted 18 August 2008 - 11:43 AM

Quote:
      Originally Posted by seaprincess
      I'm doing a BD session for my FI for a wedding gift as well as a buying him a nice watch and having the back engraved with our wedding date. I know that he'll love both so thats my motive. I wanted something that would last a lifetime (hopefully).
      I'm sure he's going to LOVE both!!!!
      http://ticker.7910.o....25vdCBpbiA.gif27 Confirmed with Plane Tickets...5 with rooms booked!

150 INVITES / 6 YES / 13 NO

#173 Dez921714

Dez921714
      • 1,489 posts

Posted 18 August 2008 - 11:44 AM

Under 5 months...OMG...what happened to having 6 months left - little, minor freak out...I'll be ok LOL

On another note, my BM earings and necklaces are done!
        http://ticker.7910.o....25vdCBpbiA.gif27 Confirmed with Plane Tickets...5 with rooms booked!

150 INVITES / 6 YES / 13 NO

#174 Mrs.Captain

Mrs.Captain
        • 156 posts

Posted 18 August 2008 - 06:01 PM

I have no idea what to do for a gift for FI. One of my good friends that just got married gave her DH a pair of really nice fancy cuff links, which he really loved. He gave her a gorgeous necklace, which she ended up wearing on her wedding day. She opened the gift as she was getting ready and switched it out for the one she was going to wear. I'll probably stick to stuff along these lines, but we'll see. Maybe I'll get inspired.
          Jennifer & David
          January 22, 2009
          Grand Palladium, Riviera Maya, Mexico

http://i411.photobuc....100_4747-1.jpg

#175 teacherbride

teacherbride
          • 354 posts

Posted 18 August 2008 - 06:09 PM

I bought my FI a guitar. He's has been using a beautiful guitar lent to him from another musician friend. I swear he loves this guitar almost as much as he loves me. He keeps joking that he's going to keep the it, he even had it insured the other day. Little does he know that for now, I'm the one who owns the guitar.

I plan to have it waiting for him when we get home from our honeymoon. I might give him a card with a picture of it inside on our wedding day. I wouldn't want to risk bringing the guitar to cuba.

#176 seaprincess

seaprincess
            • 753 posts

Posted 18 August 2008 - 06:24 PM

Good idea on the guitar! Thats a great gift!

#177 seaprincess

seaprincess
              • 753 posts

Posted 18 August 2008 - 06:26 PM

So, quick update to the ladies who I know can feel my pain because we are all trying to get stuff done on the same timeline....I have to start from scratch with my BM dresses!!!

Long story short, after multiple phone calls to JCrew, and them cancelling 2 orders for lack of inventory...I have 2 BM dresses and need 3 and there is absolutely no way I can work around it without returning the 2 and starting over....such a bummer!

#178 beachbride09

beachbride09
                • 150 posts

Posted 18 August 2008 - 08:14 PM

I'm still stuck on what to get FH; BD pictures are out because... we'll, we're already 'creative' with the camera. I've already given him a nice watch as a birthday present (about 2 years ago)...

Ideally, if I could get a private tour to Camden Yards where he can meet with all the team players, that would be awesome, or if I could somehow get him back to Alaska...

Even though he's one of the easiest people to shop for when it comes to Christmas and Birthdays, I am having a helluva time coming up with something for our wedding.
                  http://farm4.static.....3ca1220c_m.jpgJanuary 20, 2009
                  Grand Cayman Island

#179 kate.com

kate.com

VIP Member

• VIP Member
                  • 8,921 posts

Posted 19 August 2008 - 05:11 PM

Quote:
                    Originally Posted by seaprincess
                    So, quick update to the ladies who I know can feel my pain because we are all trying to get stuff done on the same timeline....I have to start from scratch with my BM dresses!!!

Long story short, after multiple phone calls to JCrew, and them cancelling 2 orders for lack of inventory...I have 2 BM dresses and need 3 and there is absolutely no way I can work around it without returning the 2 and starting over....such a bummer!
                    bummer!!! well, if you are going to have a snafoo better now than on your wedding day!

#180 Davematthews16

Davematthews16
                    • Banned
                    • 1,051 posts

Posted 19 August 2008 - 07:59 PM

I am slowly but surely working on my pre-mexico, and welcome to mexico brochures. They are lookin' pretty darn good (I'm just a perfectionist and am spending too much time, but hey, at least I work infront of a computer all day.) I don't know what I will do when I don't have anymore wedding stuff to work on? LOL

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users