January 2009 Brides Post Here

I'm doing a BD session for my FI for a wedding gift as well as a buying him a nice watch and having the back engraved with our wedding date. I know that he'll love both so thats my motive. I wanted something that would last a lifetime (hopefully).

• Replies 860
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Quote:
Originally Posted by seaprincess View Post
I'm doing a BD session for my FI for a wedding gift as well as a buying him a nice watch and having the back engraved with our wedding date. I know that he'll love both so thats my motive. I wanted something that would last a lifetime (hopefully).
I'm sure he's going to LOVE both!!!!

I have no idea what to do for a gift for FI. One of my good friends that just got married gave her DH a pair of really nice fancy cuff links, which he really loved. He gave her a gorgeous necklace, which she ended up wearing on her wedding day. She opened the gift as she was getting ready and switched it out for the one she was going to wear. I'll probably stick to stuff along these lines, but we'll see. Maybe I'll get inspired.

I bought my FI a guitar. He's has been using a beautiful guitar lent to him from another musician friend. I swear he loves this guitar almost as much as he loves me. He keeps joking that he's going to keep the it, he even had it insured the other day. Little does he know that for now, I'm the one who owns the guitar.

I plan to have it waiting for him when we get home from our honeymoon. I might give him a card with a picture of it inside on our wedding day. I wouldn't want to risk bringing the guitar to cuba.

So, quick update to the ladies who I know can feel my pain because we are all trying to get stuff done on the same timeline....I have to start from scratch with my BM dresses!!!

Long story short, after multiple phone calls to JCrew, and them cancelling 2 orders for lack of inventory...I have 2 BM dresses and need 3 and there is absolutely no way I can work around it without returning the 2 and starting over....such a bummer!

I'm still stuck on what to get FH; BD pictures are out because... we'll, we're already 'creative' with the camera. I've already given him a nice watch as a birthday present (about 2 years ago)...

Ideally, if I could get a private tour to Camden Yards where he can meet with all the team players, that would be awesome, or if I could somehow get him back to Alaska...

Even though he's one of the easiest people to shop for when it comes to Christmas and Birthdays, I am having a helluva time coming up with something for our wedding.

Quote:
Originally Posted by seaprincess View Post
So, quick update to the ladies who I know can feel my pain because we are all trying to get stuff done on the same timeline....I have to start from scratch with my BM dresses!!!

Long story short, after multiple phone calls to JCrew, and them cancelling 2 orders for lack of inventory...I have 2 BM dresses and need 3 and there is absolutely no way I can work around it without returning the 2 and starting over....such a bummer!
bummer!!! well, if you are going to have a snafoo better now than on your wedding day!

I am slowly but surely working on my pre-mexico, and welcome to mexico brochures. They are lookin' pretty darn good (I'm just a perfectionist and am spending too much time, but hey, at least I work infront of a computer all day.) I don't know what I will do when I don't have anymore wedding stuff to work on? sad.gif LOL