Photo

January 2009 Brides Post Here

• Please log in to reply
860 replies to this topic

#151 misskim_red@msn.com

misskim_red@msn.com
  • 144 posts

Posted 10 August 2008 - 09:57 AM

I'm getting married in Las Vegas on January 21, 2009. My birthday is the 19 and his is the 20th so we thought that it would be fun. We'll be in Vegas the whole week!
    'Gra geal mo chroi'

#152 kate.com

kate.com

VIP Member

• VIP Member
    • 8,921 posts

Posted 10 August 2008 - 11:10 AM

Quote:
      Originally Posted by misskim_red@msn.com
      I'm getting married in Las Vegas on January 21, 2009. My birthday is the 19 and his is the 20th so we thought that it would be fun. We'll be in Vegas the whole week!
      How fun!
      We need DETAILS! Where are you staying? getting married? are you having guests?

#153 seaprincess

seaprincess
      • 753 posts

Posted 10 August 2008 - 11:48 AM

Quote:
        Originally Posted by beachbride09
        So... umm... yeah, I am SO FAR BEHIND all of ya'll!
        • I don't have a dress.
        • I don't have flowers ordered (going to be silk; researching tonight for a site since AA isn't accepting orders at this moment)
        • And worst yet, I don't know what I want for either (dress and flowers)

Rounding 5 months to go and they are going to go fast and I need to get on the ball...
        Good luck BeachBride! I would recommend getting the dress asap b/c it takes 4-6 months for it to come in....trying to find it off the rack at this point might be your best bet...plus it will likely be less expensive!

I just ordered my bouquet from an ebay vendor and she has been soooo helpful! They are realtouch flowers and were shipped on Friday so I should have them this week. I'll let you know what they look like when I get them. I was behind on ordering from AA so I found this vendor from another girl on BDW and it has been a great experience.

Good luck!
        Lindsay and Jamie - January 28, 2009

#154 nicoleandscott

nicoleandscott
        • 397 posts

Posted 10 August 2008 - 07:27 PM

one more check mark off the list...GARTER!

Click the image to open in full size.

the fiance loves the astros, so i was thrilled to find this on etsy.com!! yayyyy!

#155 Amarillis

Amarillis
          • 1,913 posts

Posted 11 August 2008 - 11:29 AM

LOL... Nicole - that garter is too freaking cute!!!!

I haven't done much on the wedding front lately... time to get crackin....

#156 seaprincess

seaprincess
            • 753 posts

Posted 12 August 2008 - 02:57 PM

I finished decorating my raffia fans on Sunday with silk orchids and ribbon. Check that off the list!
              The BM dresses are due to arrive this week along with my bouquet and my man's bout. We have to go shopping for my FI's suit soon before they are out of season as well as the GM shirts.
              I am currently working on booking the photog for the wedding and TTD and the photog for my BD session in October.
              Still so much to do...

#157 Juniorbaby01

Juniorbaby01
              • 83 posts

Posted 12 August 2008 - 04:23 PM

Hi there-
                My wedding is on 1/5/09 in Negril, Jamaica.
                I need to get on the ball and getting things done.
                Feels like it's going to fly by.

So far I've:
                Ordered my dress
                Had BMs order their dresses
                Book hotel/flight
                Buy wedding bands
                Book site location
                Book photographer
                Get WC
                Book the steel drum band, reggae band and DJ.

#158 beachbride09

beachbride09
                • 150 posts

Posted 12 August 2008 - 09:13 PM

Quote:
                  Originally Posted by seaprincess
                  Good luck BeachBride! I would recommend getting the dress asap b/c it takes 4-6 months for it to come in....trying to find it off the rack at this point might be your best bet...plus it will likely be less expensive!

I just ordered my bouquet from an ebay vendor and she has been soooo helpful! They are realtouch flowers and were shipped on Friday so I should have them this week. I'll let you know what they look like when I get them. I was behind on ordering from AA so I found this vendor from another girl on BDW and it has been a great experience.

Good luck!
                  What eBay vendor did you use; I've heard a lot of people going through eBay (various message boards) and I've been 'iffy'.

Yes, I really need to get on top of the dress hunt... money is holding me back at the moment, but I've been putting in some OT at work...

Here's a question for everyone:

When did you buy your airfare?
                  http://farm4.static.....3ca1220c_m.jpgJanuary 20, 2009
                  Grand Cayman Island

#159 neen

neen
                  • 633 posts

Posted 12 August 2008 - 09:23 PM

Right...so coming up on five months and starting to get a little stressed. How are you all accomplishing tasks like fans and welcome bags without knowing how many people are attending your wedding? I haven't sent out my invites yet (Sept/Oct) and we're not asking for RSVP until November 15th so I feel like I'm going to be going NUTS come Thanksgiving getting everything ready.

I have an idea of how many will attend (at least 60)...do you think I should start making/printing/putting things together based on that number and just figure on doing more if needed come November when we get our final count? I don't want to OVER order things like welcome bags and pashminas, but I also don't want any extras to be/look different than the rest because they were last minute add ons...

Advice please :)

#160 seaprincess

seaprincess
                    • 753 posts

Posted 13 August 2008 - 08:57 AM

Quote:
                      Originally Posted by neen
                      Right...so coming up on five months and starting to get a little stressed. How are you all accomplishing tasks like fans and welcome bags without knowing how many people are attending your wedding? I haven't sent out my invites yet (Sept/Oct) and we're not asking for RSVP until November 15th so I feel like I'm going to be going NUTS come Thanksgiving getting everything ready.

I have an idea of how many will attend (at least 60)...do you think I should start making/printing/putting things together based on that number and just figure on doing more if needed come November when we get our final count? I don't want to OVER order things like welcome bags and pashminas, but I also don't want any extras to be/look different than the rest because they were last minute add ons...

Advice please :)
                      The only reason I'm able to get a head start on these things is because I have deposits for 45 guests already. We had to send our invites out in May, the deposit was due at the end of June and the final payment is due the beginning of Novemeber - we are all booking through my TA who specializes in DW and is an angel!

I am estimating approx 50 people to round up slightly as we still have a few stragglers...We originally thought we were going to have 30 people book, so I'm glad I didn't start doing anything too early because I would have been way off my numbers. I actually only ordered 24 fans (1 fan per couple) to save space and $$ - I know the men in my group won't be caught waving a ribbon and orchid accented fan!

Good luck starting your projects!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users