January 2009 Brides Post Here

I found a dress!!!!!!!!!!!! I am so doing the happy dance! elefant.gif

I posted a new thread with pics.. I don't know how to post the link here, I think I put it under attire...

NOW I am so excited, the fitting is thursday (just a few alterations need to be done) and I pick the dress up Monday!!! AND the best part...... it was ONLY $400+alterations!!! I can't believe it, not bad for the second dress lol !!

And I went to Michael's today a purchased the rest of the ribbon & some extra tulle.. its starting to sink in that there is only one more weekend left before we leave!!

• Replies 860
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Have a great wedding bakerisacat!!! Can't wait to hear all about it when you get back!!! Don't forget to post the links to reviews, pics, planning threads, etc here so we don't miss them!!!

Oh...that's so awesome Tracy!! I'm so happy for you!! I'm going now to have a look at the thread!!!

I am still not 100% about the 2nd week - and now FI has decided he thinks it's too much $$ right now for us. Grrr...he always does this!!! I get my hopes up for something then he squashes it!!! Well...I'm waiting to hear final #s from my TA - I'll let you guys know for sure if it's a go (you'll probably hear me from here!! lol)

YAY Tracy! Do you love ithuh.gif

As your date twin I am feeling it too... we all are on here I guess! I just put together the contents of my welcome bags into 1 gallon ziplocks and labeled them. That way I can just stuff the bag and add the water bottles/snacks and be on my way!

Bill's ring comes in the mail tomorrow! And my programs should be done tomorrow too. Too bad I left my memory card for my camera in my mom's computer so I can't take pics until I get it from her! Good excuse to meet half way for lunch. (She is 2 hrs away.)

Keep us posted Amanda. grouphug.gif

I love it Kate! (question from new dress thread) I tried on 30+ dresses and it was the second to last one she had... I thought for sure I was heading to a different shop! But as soon as I put it on I knew it was the one!!! The first dress was short and needed the veil to make me feel like a bride.. this one, I don't even need a veil and I feel like a bride!!!

Are you taking all the wedding stuff down yourself or are you dividing it up for family to take down? How long are you guys going for? Have you finalized everything with your resort? I am still waiting for confirmation on a couple of things but nothing huge (and I am sure I can take care of it when I get there)

Today on my way home from the dress shop I started rehearsing my vows in my head (and out loud!) and I don't know if it was the high I was on from finding the dress, but I was bawling my eyes out.. I kept picturing Jeff watching me come down the aisle in my new dress, he's going to love it!!

But seriously I am not sure I am going to get thru the ceremony without one or two breakdowns lol!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kate.com View Post
YAY Tracy! Do you love ithuh.gif

As your date twin I am feeling it too... we all are on here I guess! I just put together the contents of my welcome bags into 1 gallon ziplocks and labeled them. That way I can just stuff the bag and add the water bottles/snacks and be on my way!

Bill's ring comes in the mail tomorrow! And my programs should be done tomorrow too. Too bad I left my memory card for my camera in my mom's computer so I can't take pics until I get it from her! Good excuse to meet half way for lunch. (She is 2 hrs away.)

Keep us posted Amanda. grouphug.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by BC Bride2be View Post
Amanda, I am crossing my fingers the second week is a go for you! If not what about 10 days? That's what we are doing.. not a huge savings but it does make a difference.
I'm not sure if 10 days is an option...it's not when booking online - only the 7 or 14 day. I hope we'll find out today though! bunny_4.gif

Tracy, so glad you feel even more like a bride. It makes it all worth it then! I have a lot of stuff. I think we can do 2 suitcases each, 1 carryon, my purse and dress. 2 suitcases are mostly OOT bag stuff... so I was thinking of packing non breakables in a duffle type bag so I can fold it up and bring it back that way. Even more than stuff, it's the weight that's the problem.

Vows, need to work on that. We picked out our verses, for a song I am going to have my girlfriend sing the "Our Father Prayer" acapella. I figure that way we won't need any mics or anything bc everyone knows the words. And we are making it a little more religious for mom! And me too.

As far as it goes with the hotel, I was supposed to wire my final bill to them yesterday, but it is quite a bit more than I thought so i had to put in a check and am waiting for it to post, then I will wire that and be set there. We have a wrap meeting when I get there!

So the major things to do are: Finish planning ceremony, welcome brochure, find a swim suit, PACK. FI needs to get his suit altered.

Also need to go buy ribbon to put around my bouquet & cake, hair appt, should probably tan, nails and other little fun stuff!

PS I got fake nails yesterday and even though they aren't that long I can't type yet!

hey I have a question.. are any of you bringing raffia fans down for your guests and if so did you wrap the handles with ribbon? I am so not crafty.. I have been trying to glue the dang ribbon but its not sticking and so far the only thing that is working is clear tape but if you look closely you can see it. Any suggestions?

THANKS as always.. :)