January 2009 Brides Post Here

Hey Ladies,

This is a cut and paste from the original thread, but I thought I'd update you here... the problem is solved.

UPDATE!!!! Hey Ladies! Thank you for all of your kind advice, and calming words, you really helped me get through this - yesterday I was a teary mess!

My best friend/BM/new momma - went to a local bridal salon this morning to try on styles of dresses - low and behold, the style that best suited her was this Alfred Angelo Gown #6548 - she tried on many others - but really liked the structure that this style offered.

Click the image to open in full size.

In comparison with the dress from J Crew that we really liked the structure is the same - but the JCrew dress is simply more beach appropriate.

In a thrilling conclusion the the most stress of the wedding thus far, I am THRILLED to report that we have ordered the JCrew dresses and they have an anticipated arrival of next Wednesday! YAY

This is my sister/MOH dress:

When my best friend/BM/new momma was at the bridal salon, she was told that although Alfred Angelo head office was offering early January delivery - she would not chance it - and if it was her call, she'd order from JCrew to ensure that the packages were indeed here with plenty of time for alterations.

In every stressful situation I try to find the bright side... in this there were many.

1. my best friend/BM/new momma stated that she was really thankful that I gave her the time to be sure about the dress, and time to run around and try stuff on, she feels confident about the decision and is really excited to see the order upon arrival.

2. my florist Bridal Blooms by Laura has been super accomodating, her most recent email to me said

Quote:
Don't worry we can change the flowers, but if you find a bridesmaids dress that you love, maybe get the flowers to match the dress, that's easier. I know how difficult is to find the perfect bridesmaids' dress.

Let me know if there's anything I can do flower wise. If you want to wait till you finalize the dresses, I can wait too it's up to you.

I mean really how accomodating is that, I am feeling very blessed to have good vibes coming my way to get through this rough planning patch.

and lastly

#3.So I am on the JCrew website ready to process the order when I see a space for a promo code - very quickly I googled for a promo code - the letters HOHOHO popped up and I gave it a whirl.... I SAVED $97.50! Awesome! +

Ok... So that is the conclusion of my bridesmaid dress drama - and I managed to do it frugally! Touché!!!!

• Replies 860
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicoleandscott View Post
as far as gifts go, we are all cutting back bc of wedding costs. i DO feel guilty about this....i feel like all of the energy/funds are going to our wedding, and i don't like the feeling of taking away from others!! both FI's family and my family are basically doing "Christmas Lite" this year...i can see the good and bad of it, but i still feel guilty!!
Us too! We almost weren't going to fly up north to spend Christmas with our families (would of been the first time ever!), but we ended up finding decent prices on airfare and just decided what the heck.

I don't post in this thread as much as I should, but here is what we have left to do (and by "we" I mean "I"):

wrap fans with ribbon
print menus
final dress fitting (plus lose an inch so I can breathe)
size my band
buy wedding makeup
find my jewelry
finalize/pay all vendors
make newsletter for guests
decide on TTD and possibly get TTD dress
figure out GM and dad gifts
find more fillers for OOT bags
find FI belt
shop for Christmas

I feel like I am forgetting something, so I am sure there is more....siiigggghhhhh!

I hope this doesn't make me sound like a brat, but I am a little annoyed with my BM. I only have 2, my 12 yr old sister in Maine and my bff from high school who lives in the same town as I (plus her hubby is FI's bff from college and a GM). Well, I was in my bff's wedding and flew in for her bach party and wedding and bent over backwards for her. Well, through the whole planning process she hasn't even asked if I need any help and hasn't even offered to throw a shower or bach party (her and her hubby will use just about any excuse to throw a party). The only thing I have gotten her to help with(and barely) was that she went to my dress fitting the other day. She doesn't work at all and has no kids, but couldn't be bothered with anything that doesn't benefit her. Sorry for the rant, but I have been really disappointed by all my friends through this whole process and needed to share. I wish we had just stuck with our siblings for the bridal party. Ok, enough complaining...I am getting married in less than 2 months...yay!

*phew* what an evening! smile36.gif

my mom and i sat down to complete (or ALLLLLMOST) complete a few big projects....check out these threads for updates!

http://bestdestinationwedding.com/forum/t27188

BM Gifts! See Post #22

http://bestdestinationwedding.com/forum/t27668

OOT boxes! See Post #20

just errands to run tomorrow - mainly taking a bunch of clothes to be altered for the honeymoon...blahhh not fun!

keep it up ladies!!! january is coming quickly.... :) :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicoleandscott View Post
*phew* what an evening! smile36.gif
my mom and i sat down to complete (or ALLLLLMOST) complete a few big projects....check out these threads for updates!

http://bestdestinationwedding.com/forum/t27188
BM Gifts! See Post #22

http://bestdestinationwedding.com/forum/t27668
OOT boxes! See Post #20

just errands to run tomorrow - mainly taking a bunch of clothes to be altered for the honeymoon...blahhh not fun!

keep it up ladies!!! january is coming quickly.... :) :)
Nicole, your day is going to be here so soon! Isn't it so exciting!

Amy, so glad it looks like there is a good solution to the dress dilemma! Its such a stressful time now that any little thing will set me off so I can only imagine dealing with that! And, the discount on those dresses is awesome.