January 2009 Brides Post Here

• Replies 860
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicklet View Post
Is the translation a difficult thing to do?? I think I may have chosen a different location if it wasn't for this.
It's getting close ladies....I'm really excited. How about anyone elsehuh.gif? All my stuff is pretty much ready too but a busy month in the works with dress fittings, hair appts and my bachelorette in the beginning on jan!!! I can't believe its almost time...i've been planning this for a whole year!
It wasn't hard at all...just pricey!!
We had to make sure we had our birth certificates, then we printed off a single affidavit and brought both (with our passports) to the Dominican consulate in Toronto. I'm sure it would be more of a pain if you had to bring them to a lawyer to get notarized if you could not bring them in person yourself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BachataBride View Post
It wasn't hard at all...just pricey!!
We had to make sure we had our birth certificates, then we printed off a single affidavit and brought both (with our passports) to the Dominican consulate in Toronto. I'm sure it would be more of a pain if you had to bring them to a lawyer to get notarized if you could not bring them in person yourself.
I can't beleive it cost you $700 !!!! We are in Ottawa so we went to the DR Embassy and it only cost us $450 CAD for the exact same thing! What a rip off for you! It would almost be worth the trip to Ottawa!

Quote:
Originally Posted by seaprincess View Post
I can't beleive it cost you $700 !!!! We are in Ottawa so we went to the DR Embassy and it only cost us $450 CAD for the exact same thing! What a rip off for you! It would almost be worth the trip to Ottawa!
No..it's because we are getting married at the RIU in the DR. They require that the BCs be legalized as well...an extra $100 each. Although one of the girls I know getting married at the Bachata didn't get hers legalized...but they told us we had to & we went right to the consulate (same as Ottawa...it's just not the main office). I wasn't going to argue that we didn't need it legalized...I'd rather have it & not need it than need it & not have it!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kate.com View Post
thanks Kelly! That is awesome about your dress!
We ordered the GM flipflops last night too. I got the number to schedule by fitting and scheduled my boudoir photoshoot too! Yay!

What I am really frusterated with is choosing a veil. Can't find one! Ugh!
I need to work on finding a veil also. I kind of know what I want in my head, but I'm not sure if I'm going to find it and not pay an arm and a leg. I'm going to worry about this at my 2nd fitting which is the 18th.

Today I got my MOH, BM and Bride tank tops made. I also blinged my bikini bottom with "Bride" on it. I printed out the recipe for our favors. I have to buy a paper cutter and I'm waiting because I have a coupon for 40% off at Michaels that I can't use until Sunday. My goal is to have all of the tags for our favors/ placecards done on Sunday.

I also wrapped the handles of my fans today, but ran out of ribbon so I still have more than half to do. I really under estimated the amount of ribbon each fan would take. So, back out to buy more tomorrow!

And, I have a real problem NOT wearing my wedding band when no one is around! I'm going to have to have it cleaned or something before we head to Mexico so no one knows! smile120.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by BachataBride View Post
No..it's because we are getting married at the RIU in the DR. They require that the BCs be legalized as well...an extra $100 each. Although one of the girls I know getting married at the Bachata didn't get hers legalized...but they told us we had to & we went right to the consulate (same as Ottawa...it's just not the main office). I wasn't going to argue that we didn't need it legalized...I'd rather have it & not need it than need it & not have it!!
Yeah, that makes sense! I don't blame you for not chancing it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KLC77 View Post
I need to work on finding a veil also. I kind of know what I want in my head, but I'm not sure if I'm going to find it and not pay an arm and a leg. I'm going to worry about this at my 2nd fitting which is the 18th.

Today I got my MOH, BM and Bride tank tops made. I also blinged my bikini bottom with "Bride" on it. I printed out the recipe for our favors. I have to buy a paper cutter and I'm waiting because I have a coupon for 40% off at Michaels that I can't use until Sunday. My goal is to have all of the tags for our favors/ placecards done on Sunday.

I also wrapped the handles of my fans today, but ran out of ribbon so I still have more than half to do. I really under estimated the amount of ribbon each fan would take. So, back out to buy more tomorrow!

And, I have a real problem NOT wearing my wedding band when no one is around! I'm going to have to have it cleaned or something before we head to Mexico so no one knows! smile120.gif
I am having my seamstress make my veil for me....I didn't want to spend $200 for a relatively simple one, so she said she would make one for me for $50 plus the cost of the lace. Good deal! Can't complain!

Nicole, so glad your shower went well!

Well, I pulled the trigger and ordered my veil online. It was only $130 total, so not terrible. I can return it if it is not right, but sure hope it is the one! What a load off! Now I just need to focus on the wedding ceremony, menus placecards and tabletents.

Yikes! It is getting close!

I feel like I've accomplished so much (must be due to Amanda's firecracker gift I got!)...

We bought FI's shirt (2 of them actually~ he tends to get messy lol)

Had FI's finger sized and ordered his ring.

Wrapped the handles of the fans that I have with ribbon.

Started my placecards/favors~ I would've finished but ran out of double sided tape.

Made our photo sharing cards.

Started our Welcome brochures. They just need some tweaking before they can be printed.

Made the sign we need for our cupcake table.

Ordered boxes for our guests to take cupcakes back to their room.

Ordered our GM gift (an engraved moneyclip).

I am so exited that FI finally has a complete outfit to wear. I was stressing!smile36.gif