January 2009 Brides Post Here

• Replies 860
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OMG Nicole! I need to get on that one too... who is doing your pics? I am sure they will be perfect!

Smart move on the rings girls. I am not doing a band right now. I think my ring looks perfect without it- but if I change my mind I can always get one... it would have to be custom made as well. They sure learned how to get us didn't they?

Well I have been sick in bed for the last 2 days. Finally starting to feel better, just sore. I think I had a stomach virus bc I threw up 25 times.... I know I have heard people about joling that the stomach virus would be the way to go to lose weight... let me tell you it is not worth it! I have never been so miserable. And I missed Thanksgiving! No food at all for me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kate.com View Post
OMG Nicole! I need to get on that one too... who is doing your pics? I am sure they will be perfect!
Smart move on the rings girls. I am not doing a band right now. I think my ring looks perfect without it- but if I change my mind I can always get one... it would have to be custom made as well. They sure learned how to get us didn't they?

Well I have been sick in bed for the last 2 days. Finally starting to feel better, just sore. I think I had a stomach virus bc I threw up 25 times.... I know I have heard people about joling that the stomach virus would be the way to go to lose weight... let me tell you it is not worth it! I have never been so miserable. And I missed Thanksgiving! No food at all for me!
oh no!! being sick is awful.... smile41.gif i was sick last week, but i definitely didn't get the stomach virus part, just a terrible sore throat. so sorry it affected thanksgiving!!! hope you're feeling better now.

lynn michelle renken is doing my BD pics. check her out @ lynnmichelleblog.com i'm SO excited but nervous, too!!!!!!

Sorry to hear of the sickness... something has been going around (the boards... lol).

I haven't checked-in in a while! I've completed a few things:

flowers are ordered and should be here soon (I hope). I am having silk flowers (rules of the ship) made my Jennifer Lynn of Details by J.Lynn and I am ecstatic. I can't wait until they arrive.

I bought a locket to add to my bouquet (which was mailed to my 'florist); the locket has a picture of our daughter, who will be 2 by the time we wed, and her birthday on the back. I wanted to include her in the ceremony somehow.

I used Alchemy on Etsy and found a person to make a 'fun veil' for me to wear. It's a headband with tulle attached and some glass/crystal beading. I plan on wearing this to the airport, on the plane, and then on the ship up until wedding day (and maybe afterwards too). That arrived in the mail on Monday and I wore it around the house that whole evening to ... uhh... 'test it out'... yeah... that's why... LOL

Otherwise, we're just counting the days until we leave for FL and board the ship. We did go shopping last weekend for a while bunch of new clothes for the cruise (and work as well) and I was so excited about the great 'sails' we found!

Hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving!

I've got some cleaning to do before FFIL arrives. He's going to spend the weekend with us and help decorate our Christmas tree.

Quote:
Thanks girls. I just got ready for the first time since tuesday- wore me out so now I will be doing a little relaxing! I did score some TG leftovers that i might try later on if Im up to it!
Glad to hear you're feeling better Kate! TG leftovers will get your strength back up and running!

Quote:
Hi Tracy, we were thinking of coming in February. I have a meeting the week of Feb 9th and that was our original plan, so we are thinking of towards the end of the month for 4-5 days. When we first started dating we talked about wanting to go to Vancouver/Whistler someday... and since we are already doing a week at the beach it seemed like the ideal time! We got engaged on a ski trip last year so we want to keep it up... we are not excellent skiiers by any means but we have fun! You'll have to help us figure out where to stay if you have any advice!
So how are you having the logo put on your totes? I am trying to figure out how to do that right now... to have them embroidered or screen printed. What does your logo look like? I hear you on all of the little things! Cheers! bunny_4.gif
Hey Kate, glad you are on the mend, hopefully you got a chance to at least enjoy a turkey sandwich!!
So if you are coming to Vancouver one the nicest hotel is the Fairmont, its right downtown and beautiful, a little expensive but so worth it!
As for Whistler, anywhere in the main village should be ok, we stayed at the Hilton in October and we‘ve stayed at the Sundial Boutique Hotel (small rooms but cute)

We finished the labels for the candles and lip balm and are now about to print the luggage tags that will be sent to everyone within the next two weeks!! Yahooooo!
We still havenâ€t put the logos on the tote bags; FI is working on that one! AND I order the last of what was on my list from Century Novelty (awesome site posted by one of the ladies on the forum, great selection cheap prices!)
Just think… on Monday we will be saying ‘next MONTH we are getting married†wow – that just sounds great!!
Have a good weekend!

Woohoo, we ordered my wedding ring today! Amanda, I followed your lead and got a ring that had sapphires and diamonds in it. I love it. Can't wait for it to be ready next week. I know I'm going to want to wear it NOW!

Oh, and the best part is that we got it 60% OFF!smile159.gif

YAY Kelly!!! GREAT DEAL! cheer2.gif

Aren't the sapphire rings beautiful!!! FI picked ours up on Thursday and I put it on last night...I had a hard time taking it off!!! I will post pics the beginning of next week!

Theonly big thing left now is our docs. We're going directly to the consulate on Wednesday to do that. I'll go for my first fitting the middle of December and then its just doing up a photo list & completing my welcome books! :)

We're on the final stretch ladies now!! It's so exciting!!! pinkie.gif