January 2009 Brides Post Here

• Replies 860
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

WOW... Ladies, Looking good

Holy moley! It has been a while since I checked in with you!

I am thrilled to see that we have some new January Brides! But definately sad to see that we've lost Andrea!

Dez, I'm with ya - I hope she comes back under a new name.... and finds us again!

So... my last post was on page 20... It really took a lot of reading to get caught up.

SO... the wedding front - my white linen wedding shower was on Labour Day weekend. It was amazing!

http://bestdestinationwedding.com/forum/t28158

I have been writing thank you cards like literal maniac!

http://bestdestinationwedding.com/forum/t27418

I think I am around the seventy mark with the thank you cards from the shower, and there really is no end in sight!

On the weekend of the 23rd I went and picked up my dress in Toronto! YAY!!!! It is just gorgeous! And is now hanging in the closet at my mother's house.

Today I called a local seamstress and have an appointment for my first fitting! November 10th 6:30 pm ! YAY!

Last week, FI and I went to the jeweler's and dropped off my e-ring to have the custom wedding bands started. They should be ready for October nineth!

http://bestdestinationwedding.com/forum/t24353

Thanks to the ladies on the forum, I made a decision on mine, and thus FI"s will be very simiar to mine. I picked #1 - as the inspiration for my ring. FI's will be inspired by mine, but will have no diamonds (as per his request) but it will have five indents where my diamonds would be so that they match! So exciting! I can't wait to see the two rings together.

The only thing that is currently un-nerving is my BM dresses

http://bestdestinationwedding.com/forum/t24442

They have been bought and paid for, but my bridesmaid and dearest friend, who became a new mother on July 2nd is unable to zip her dress... she is short about 4" ---eeik... but I told her not to fret, and that on November 2nd - my birthday and the 3 month b-day for baby girl C, that she can then see if the dress fits. She is really stressed, and I was calm for her, but I am nervous that we'll have to find new dresses....

UH OH...

Nice to read and catch up with everyone!

Ciao - Aim.

You ladies have been busy! I'm still a little behind on some of the planning.

ToBeMitchell: don't worry, I also haven't found a dress yet. This weekend my Mom and I are going dress shopping. Wish me luck!

We also haven't looked at wedding bands yet. That's a project for October. My fiance is out of town working for most of September, so we'll go once he is back and can schedule some time around his work schedule (he works shift work, and it's all over the place).

We don't have clothing for the groom yet either. However, that's on hold for now and my fiance is losing weight right now and wants to buy something closer to the date when he knows what size he will be.

On a positive note, my OOT bags are almost done *YAY*. I just have to buy the actual bags and one more item for them.

I think the rest of the stuff I need to do (chose music, etc.) can be done over the next couple of months and I'm not worried about that stuff.

Cheers,

Jen

Quote:
Originally Posted by KLC77 View Post
Has everyone ordered their wedding rings already? We haven't even gone to look yet and its starting to freak me out!
No- we have mine but haven't found his yet. Is anyone getting their rings engraved? I want to but don't know what to say...

On the dress issue- so far I have only looked online. (I know- get out there and just do it!) I plan to go this weekened and check out the ones I found online. Cross your fingers!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToBeMitchell View Post

On the dress issue- so far I have only looked online. (I know- get out there and just do it!) I plan to go this weekened and check out the ones I found online. Cross your fingers!!
How'd did the dress shopping go? Did you make it to any bridal shops?

tobemitchell: i'm still deciding whether or not to engrave his ring. i think he wants the date, but i wanted to add something else....i don't think he's too crazy about adding too much though...haha i'll probably get the date engraved like this: 1.3.2009

i have no idea how long it takes...i need to check into that! thanks for the reminder!

Wow...I really am ahead of the invitation & STD thing!!

I sent my STD's with my Xmas cards last year!!! And my invitations went in March or April (I think! - it's been so long I can't even remember!) We booked the wedding the beginning of March so it had to be around then! I wanted everyone to have a lot of notice!!! As for everything else I'm a littel slack! I just ordered my dress (the second, and hopefully final one!) in August and it's not expected in until December!smile41.gif I hope everything is ok with it!!

Jeff has not even gone looking for his clothes...he wants all white linen...and I think he's going to find it hard with the fall coming in now! We also have to get our wedding bands...which is going to be difficult since mine will have to be custom! I have ordered my favors...wedding fans (click here http://www.everythingfortablefavors..../EB1013)...and labels (click here Everything for Weddings: Starfish Shaped Stickers) I love them! But that's the extent of what I have done!! So much more to do!! lol Wish me luck!

Oh...by the way...we leave for Puerta Plata Jan.18th & we're getting married on Jan.22!!! :)

We are planning getting the ring business done in November. My E ring was custom and only took a couple weeks to come in.

This weekend my FI outfit came in the mail and he really likes it. Now we just need to measure the groomsmen and order their outfits.

Last night I wrapped the handles of our raffia fans with satin ribbon. They look so pretty. I also want to put the ceremony program on them but it'll be a while before we have any idea what's happening during the ceremony.

I think that's it for now.