January 2009 Brides Post Here

Quote:
Originally Posted by beachbride09 View Post
What eBay vendor did you use; I've heard a lot of people going through eBay (various message boards) and I've been 'iffy'.

Yes, I really need to get on top of the dress hunt... money is holding me back at the moment, but I've been putting in some OT at work...

Here's a question for everyone:

When did you buy your airfare?
Here is the link to the store I used:
eBay Store - Plumeria's Wedding Flower Boutique: Silk Wedding Bouquet Sets, Wedding bouquets, Silk Flowers

Roberta - the vendor - has been great so far, really concerned with the final product and allows returns if need be. I'll post a pic when I get the bouquet and bout. The feedbacl from another BDW girl has been excellent so I'm not worried in the slightest.

To answer your other question:
We put a deposit on our airfair/hotel package in March to lock in the price and the balance for our package in November

• Replies 860
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Quote:
Originally Posted by neen View Post
Right...so coming up on five months and starting to get a little stressed. How are you all accomplishing tasks like fans and welcome bags without knowing how many people are attending your wedding? I haven't sent out my invites yet (Sept/Oct) and we're not asking for RSVP until November 15th so I feel like I'm going to be going NUTS come Thanksgiving getting everything ready.

I have an idea of how many will attend (at least 60)...do you think I should start making/printing/putting things together based on that number and just figure on doing more if needed come November when we get our final count? I don't want to OVER order things like welcome bags and pashminas, but I also don't want any extras to be/look different than the rest because they were last minute add ons...

Advice please :)
I am in teh same boat as you, our invitations are going out in mid to late Sept with an RSVP date of Nov. 15. But I've asked friends and family to keep me in the loop when they get their plane tickets, so I know we have 22 people with plane tickets already. We're guessing based on interest that we'll have 30-50 people. I bought 50 OOT bags, I know it's too many, but a lot are doing "girls weekends" so they each get their own bag (FI mom, sister, aunt, mom's friend, etc).

I didn't want to wait until the last possible minute because I was worried I'd be freaking out and have WAY too much to do in 1-2 months. This way I have pleanty of time to do the iron-ons and if/when I have extra bags, I can either sell them on here or use them as fabric grocery bags (I got them at cheaptotes.com and am ironing on a general "Cancun Mexico, 2009" logo - alternating one with palm trees one with starfish).

Hi ladies! I've been gettig some things done after taking a few weeks off from planning. So far I have:

bought my oot bags and stuff to go in them (I'm guesstimating at how much I need right now)

ordered BM dresses last week

ordered my dress TODAY! (I had one, but just decided I wanted a different one~ oh well lol)

have our flight and room booked

have my shoes

started ordering part of the WP gift (ebay is my new bff)

bought earrings

started going to the gym regularly lol

waiting to hear back from the WC about final pricing on some things

Our invites go out the first week in Sept with an rsvp of Nov 15. I have to make some inserts to go in them and order custom stamps. So, that's this weeks project.

Quote:
Originally Posted by neen View Post
Right...so coming up on five months and starting to get a little stressed. How are you all accomplishing tasks like fans and welcome bags without knowing how many people are attending your wedding? I haven't sent out my invites yet (Sept/Oct) and we're not asking for RSVP until November 15th so I feel like I'm going to be going NUTS come Thanksgiving getting everything ready.

I have an idea of how many will attend (at least 60)...do you think I should start making/printing/putting things together based on that number and just figure on doing more if needed come November when we get our final count? I don't want to OVER order things like welcome bags and pashminas, but I also don't want any extras to be/look different than the rest because they were last minute add ons...

Advice please :)
So I am in the same boat too. I am leaving some of the more in-depth projects til later- but if you see something you like on sale- go for it! I bought 30 canvas tote bags:
Click the image to open in full size.
we are planning on getting them screen printed with our logo... but are going to hold out on that part. The bags were on sale at Eddie Bauer for $12. That is kind of spendy, but I am planning on this being our favors... and the contents are reasonable. Right now I am at $20 per bag. When we get to Mexico I am going to put some snacks, water and maybe mini tiquila bottles in them. I went to the Dollar store and bought my aloe, sunscreen, tylenol, playing cards, mini squirt guns, loofahs, etc... all for $1 or less- the playing cards had 2-3 per pack... mini loofahs had 4 I think.

Some of the other projects I will wait on. I am working on a Facebook with everyone who is attending the wedding, will be put with an itinerary in the OOT bags... I am working on the Facebook as I go but won't get them printed until after the RSVP.... Nov. 15 is our RSVP date as well!

Quote:
Originally Posted by soontobeamrs View Post
So I am in the same boat too. I am leaving some of the more in-depth projects til later- but if you see something you like on sale- go for it! I bought 30 canvas tote bags:
Click the image to open in full size.
we are planning on getting them screen printed with our logo... but are going to hold out on that part. The bags were on sale at Eddie Bauer for $12. That is kind of spendy, but I am planning on this being our favors... and the contents are reasonable. Right now I am at $20 per bag. When we get to Mexico I am going to put some snacks, water and maybe mini tiquila bottles in them. I went to the Dollar store and bought my aloe, sunscreen, tylenol, playing cards, mini squirt guns, loofahs, etc... all for $1 or less- the playing cards had 2-3 per pack... mini loofahs had 4 I think.

Some of the other projects I will wait on. I am working on a Facebook with everyone who is attending the wedding, will be put with an itinerary in the OOT bags... I am working on the Facebook as I go but won't get them printed until after the RSVP.... Nov. 15 is our RSVP date as well!
It's hard when you don't know exactly how many guests you will have. It's also hard because a lot of the OOT bag items may not be available when the Summer is over. I would say if you have a "rough idea" of the # of guests, buy the stuff you may not be able to find (like sunscreen, aloe, or other "seasonal items") and just save your receipt in case you have less guests. (I would buy a few extras just in-case) I already know for sure that we are having 20-22 people, so I bought EVERYTHING for my OOTs already :)

OMG, I CAN NOT STOP BUYING THINGS FOR MY OOT BAGS!

Seriously, I have some sort of addiction. lol Today I found pens in my wedding colors at Walgreens. A pack of 6 was ony 50 cents. How can you pass that up! Then I found fuzzy socks (my favorite thing EVER) on ebay. So, I bought them for all the ladies. And I bought black elastic hair ties for all the ladies. Pretty soon I'm going to have to buy bigger bags!oops.gif

ps- if anyone is still looking for mini sunscreens Target still has them for 99 cents. I was there today.

2 HUGE things checked off the list!!! Plus, I bought linen pants and shorts for Mexico from Victoria's Secret that are on clearance $8, and $13! :o We ordered my FI's suit tonight (which he totally loves!!! His eyes lit up when I found it online!) (GREAT PRICE TOO)Joseph & Feiss Three-Button White Suit | Men's Wearhouse annnddd I secretly booked my Boudoir session at a FABULOUS price! It's set for October 6th! Good motivation for continuing to lose a few lbs! cheesy.gif Woo Hoo!!!!! It's soooo hard keeping my mouth shut about it! I told him a month or so ago that I had a gift for him that he could keep forever, but that was my only hint. I just want to BLAB and tell him all about it because I tell him everything so I'll just BLAB on here instead LOL! He's gonna LOVE the pics, and be completely suprised by them. I didn't even know they did this until I saw them on this forum. Andrea <---Must live in a cave LOL....Very excited about what was accomplished today!

Hello,

I am getting married at the Grand Palladium Colonial on January 22nd. We have 15 others booked (paid deposits) besides FI and myself. We sent out our invites in July via e-mail. We're going pretty informal. Still to do:

- buy dress (will either buy a BM dress in white/ivory or off the rack)

- book photographer (hotel doesn't have one)

- OOT bags

- select music for ceremony

- wedding bands

We're getting legally married down there, so no need to worry about legal ceremony here.

We're staying 1 week at the Palladium and then moving to the Aventura Spa Palace for our honeymoon for the 2nd week.

Cheers,

Jen

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcarson View Post
Hello,

I am getting married at the Grand Palladium Colonial on January 22nd. We have 15 others booked (paid deposits) besides FI and myself. We sent out our invites in July via e-mail. We're going pretty informal. Still to do:

- buy dress (will either buy a BM dress in white/ivory or off the rack)
- book photographer (hotel doesn't have one)
- OOT bags
- select music for ceremony
- wedding bands

We're getting legally married down there, so no need to worry about legal ceremony here.

We're staying 1 week at the Palladium and then moving to the Aventura Spa Palace for our honeymoon for the 2nd week.

Cheers,
Jen
Welcome to the thread Jen!!! Sounds like you're right on track!!! I too am working on music. I have my list created and burned CD's so I could hear the quality of the songs, and some of them sound like CRAP. I think I'll end up just paying .99 a song off of I-tunes. LUCKY YOU, you get 2 full weeks!!!! I'm jealous wink.gif

I've been thinking about getting FH something special, something unique to give as a wedding present (especially since we're eloping)... except, it's hard to come up with something!!

My FH loves computer games, the O's, and his Satellite radio; I could get something in those categories, but they're not special or unique enough (for me at least).

Anyone thinking of doing the same?