January 2009 Brides Post Here

I received my raffia fans yesterday in the mail from OTC! I started decorating them last night, but I decided to change the ribbon when I saw them on the handles. I will be decorating them with the ribbon, white silk orchids and the program will be attached as well so they don't fly away down the beach.

I will be making an orchid curtain from the same silk orchids to hang on the back of the archway for the ceremony. I think it looks gorgeous blowing in the wind from the pics I've seen on this site. I have the supplies I just have to begin making it.

I have started a filling my old toy chest with wedding stuff but I may have to upgrade to a closet or the entire spare bedroom.....

I am also planning my guestbook/scrapbook...where my guests can put their advice, how they know us and we can attach a pic of them from the wedding.

I bought a few supplies, but I still need to find the actual book.

I have contacted a photog in my area and will be doing my BD pics in October or November I just have to set a day.

My next thing to look for before it goes out of season is my FI's clothes...and his GM clothes too!

And the rings are on the to-do list for the next week or two...we've looked around but haven't seriously decided on anything yet.

I'm really starting to get into it now that we are 6 months away. The next three months are going to be a whirlwind.

mid-September - Bridal shower

1st weekend in October - Bachelorette party in Montreal!

2nd weekedn in October - Thanksgiving

3rd weekend in October - Our Stag/Doe party

4th weekend in October - my MOH moves to the West Coastsad.gif

October 31st - my dress comes in

Time is going to fly!

• Replies 860
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Everyone!

My name is Jen and we're getting married in Huatulco, Mexico at the new Dreams Huatulco on January 19th, 2009!!! We have about 30 people booked and are hoping for a few more! Our travel agent sent out a save-the-date email for us with all the travel info, our wedding website, and her contact info. We decided not to send out STDs, but have already ordered our invites and hope to get them all sent out by mid-August or so! We have finally found a photog and hired and booked her to come with us! She's just amazing! I found my dress in the early spring, and I hope to have the first fitting in October! It's coming from Australia (I don't remember the designer's name) - it's just gorgeous! We are now just looking into our honeymoon. FH is planning a huge stag in October (hoping for about 300 people), and I'd like to have a little stagette in the fall. We are also looking into an AHR in February...don't know just yet - any ideas from anyone - where are you having yours?

Anyway, this is my first time on this site and I read all the posts from the January brides section! I'm so glad I found you!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenluvsmike View Post
Hi Everyone!

My name is Jen and we're getting married in Huatulco, Mexico at the new Dreams Huatulco on January 19th, 2009!!! We have about 30 people booked and are hoping for a few more! Our travel agent sent out a save-the-date email for us with all the travel info, our wedding website, and her contact info. We decided not to send out STDs, but have already ordered our invites and hope to get them all sent out by mid-August or so! We have finally found a photog and hired and booked her to come with us! She's just amazing! I found my dress in the early spring, and I hope to have the first fitting in October! It's coming from Australia (I don't remember the designer's name) - it's just gorgeous! We are now just looking into our honeymoon. FH is planning a huge stag in October (hoping for about 300 people), and I'd like to have a little stagette in the fall. We are also looking into an AHR in February...don't know just yet - any ideas from anyone - where are you having yours?

Anyway, this is my first time on this site and I read all the posts from the January brides section! I'm so glad I found you!!!
Welcome, welcome! It sounds like you are right on track with the rest of us!!! It's so nice to have this thread to periodically check in and see how everyone is doing. What is a sgag and stagette? fryingpan.gif We are looking at February for our AHR as well. (Hopefully our Colorado weather will behave LOL) Still up in the air as to where to have it, but will definetely post when we decide. Something simple where we can share our pictures/video/mexico stories with everyone at home.

Hi there :) Welcome!

We are doing an AHR, but probably not until March or April (I don't want to wait too long, but we'll need time to save a little more $$). We are doing it at a local hall...more low key than a "wedding" but more than a back yard party (even though I would have been happy with just a back yard party!).

Happy Planning!!!

Quote:
I guess its a Canadian way of saying Bachelorette and Bachelor party! ??

Glad to hear that I'm not falling behind here - I was getting worried after I read all your posts!!!

I'm sure I'll be posting much more often here!
Hmmm...I'm not far from you, but a stag around here means a party where everyone you knows buys tickets, and comes and dances and drinks and plays games and buys raffle tickets and then all the money made goes to bride and groom for the wedding -- so basically it is a drunk fundraiser....my FI won a 60 ounce bottle of Crown Royal at a stag we went to on Friday night by playing a game....they are always so much fun!

We think we are having a stag and doe - (aka jack and jill),

I say think because FI and I expressed that we wanted one, thought we'd be involved in the planning - but our wedding party took it over completely :) - which is exciting, but I like planning stuff...lol

I can't agree more about stag and does being a fun time!~!!

Quote:
Hi Everyone!

My name is Jen and we're getting married in Huatulco, Mexico at the new Dreams Huatulco on January 19th, 2009!!!
Hi Jen!

We're almost date twins! I'm getting married on Jan 20 on the Cayman Islands. I did consider Mexico, but we we're going to be able to follow the residence rules.

Congrats!

Hi everyone! I too am a January 2009 bride.

Adam and I (Melissa) are getting married January 29,2009 at Dreams Tulum. We are very excited.

So far we have 11 people booked and 8 still trying to figure out when they are arriving and leaving.

I ordered my save the date cards and invites this week and can't wait to see the finished products.

I got my dress and my BM dress too, still looking for a flower girl dress for my niece, but have seen quite a few, just need to narrow it down. Still need to decide what my FI is wearing as well as the GM and Ring Bearer.

I have almost everything planned at the hotel, and get more and more excited as the days get closer!