Photo

Hi from "undecided within Mexico" bride!

• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

#11 Jen_S

Jen_S
  • 3,737 posts

Posted 23 May 2008 - 04:56 PM

Congrats! We chose RM since it is easier for our guests. To narrow down the resort we used Trip Advisor and Stray Weddings to see what the wedding would like like. Good luck!
    Our Honeymoon In Ireland!!

#12 Davematthews16

Davematthews16
    • Banned
    • 1,051 posts

Posted 23 May 2008 - 06:28 PM

Welcome!!! I just decided on the Barcelo Maya Palace (In Riviera Maya) did tons of research. Ask me if you have any questions

#13 tlomlad

tlomlad
      • Banned
      • 1,949 posts

Posted 23 May 2008 - 06:56 PM

welcome to the forum!!!

#14 FYB87

FYB87
        • 976 posts

Posted 23 May 2008 - 07:19 PM

to the forum! Happy planning.

#15 Sandra E.

Sandra E.
          • 2,183 posts

Posted 23 May 2008 - 07:23 PM

Hi there!
            Welcome to the forum!!!

#16 brittbrowne

brittbrowne
            • 58 posts

Posted 23 May 2008 - 08:38 PM

Welcome to the forum!

My fiance and I were stuck on the Riviera Maya for quite awhile and just in the last few days switched ourselves over to Puerto Vallarta! I'm so excited. We visited PV last year, so I was really hoping to do something different for the wedding. But then after further researching the Riviera Maya I decided against it. I think PV is a cooler destination to bring people because the town is bustling and feels so authentic. You can stroll along the cobblestone boardwalk, called the Malecon, and watch the sunset (unlike RM, where you don't see the sun actually hit the ocean). Also, the Sierra Madre mountains and jungle are just so beautiful - everything is really flat in Riviera Maya. I say go with PV! We are on the west coast so luckily it is cheaper and faster to fly down to PV than into Cancun, but seriously I wouldn't let that stop you!

Good luck, and let me know if you need any tips on PV! I'll just say check out Dreams there, it is located on the nicest secluded beach in PV (that's one thing about PV that doesn't quite compare to RM). But Dream's beach really can compare to RM, unlike many others in Puerto Vallarta which are very rocky and a little rough. Since Dreams beach is private there will be less annoying vendors walking there trying to pedal their wares!
              Aaron & Brittany
              ~ Engaged November 2007 ~

#17 dinogomez.com

dinogomez.com
              • 5,705 posts

Posted 23 May 2008 - 10:00 PM

Welcome and congratulations!!!!

#18 Sapphire723

Sapphire723
                • 888 posts

Posted 24 May 2008 - 09:58 AM

I hear you about PV being far from the east coast. I've haven't made it out there yet for that reason!

#19 Mishka Designs

Mishka Designs
                  • 1,574 posts

Posted 27 May 2008 - 02:04 AM

Welcome to the forum! I vote for PV, but I'm slightly biased . If you have any questions and I can help, lemme know! :)

#20 deleishus

deleishus
                    • 43 posts

Posted 27 May 2008 - 02:42 AM

Welcome
                      I am a PV bride and I decided to get marrried in PV over Cancun because Cancun can be a little more expensive. But if money wasn't an object I'd go with Cancun or any where on that side because it is soooo beautiful. Don't get me wrong PV is nice, too. But it doesn't have that blue water. Good Luck!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users