Photo

You will LOVE Kauai!!!

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#1 Camille

Camille
  • 21 posts

Posted 23 May 2008 - 10:56 AM

Hey girls! I am actually a Jamaica bride, but I have been to Kauai and just wanted to tell you all that you couldn't have picked a better place!!! It is absolutely gorgeous!

If you have any questions let me know!

Also, I would strongly recommend doing a dinner cruise on the North Shore!!! That is the prettiest place on the island!!

#2 Jtds2713

Jtds2713
    • 714 posts

Posted 23 May 2008 - 01:32 PM

Thanks Camille! We are honeymooning there and we are so excited!

Best,

Jessica

#3 Alyssa

Alyssa
      • 11,793 posts

Posted 23 May 2008 - 01:52 PM

We are honeymooning there as well but haven't set our itinerary - we just know where we are staying!

#4 TA Lindsay

TA Lindsay
        • 413 posts

Posted 23 May 2008 - 02:03 PM

Great to know - we'll be going there next April!! :) I'd love to hear about any 'can't miss' things you can think of!

Lindsay

#5 nikkianddean

nikkianddean
          • 1,881 posts

Posted 23 May 2008 - 02:17 PM

I think we'll be there next june for a wedding. We may turn that into our honeymoon :)
            http://i264.photobuc....h/IMG_1002.jpg

Mr. & Mrs. C
            February 14, 2009

#6 Camille

Camille
            • 21 posts

Posted 23 May 2008 - 03:17 PM

I'm trying to think of some "Can't Miss" things:

The Waimea Canyon is AWESOME! I got really car sick driving up it, but it was really cool!

I will have to look into the name of the Luau that we went to... it was family owned land and you went through a tour where they had each area of land that showed the history of Hawaii, and then they had the pig ceremony (of course!!) and after dinner the show was AWESOME!

Also, I definitely recommend surfing or at least taking a lesson! My cousin and I took lessons and had a blast!

We also went on a dinner cruise on the North Shore which was cool because they pointed out areas that were used for different movies or music videos.

I heard their helecopter tours are amazing!! We just didn't want to spend that much money!! (My cousin and I went there after graduating college!) There is one that takes you to where they filmed Jurasic Park... you can ONLY get there by helicopter! I heard it was great! I wish I had done it! =(

Hope that helps!

#7 TA Lindsay

TA Lindsay
              • 413 posts

Posted 23 May 2008 - 03:44 PM

That sounds so awesome - thanks!!! I may PM you in the future if I have any other questions!! :)

Lindsay

#8 JennyK

JennyK
                • 3,502 posts

Posted 23 May 2008 - 09:15 PM

Waimea is amazing.. breathtaking views. I suggest to everyone to rent a convertible mustang and just drive around the whole island.. it only takes about 2 hours if that.

#9 TA Dina

TA Dina
                  • 181 posts

Posted 23 May 2008 - 09:27 PM

Quote:
                    Originally Posted by Camille
                    I'm trying to think of some "Can't Miss" things:

The Waimea Canyon is AWESOME! I got really car sick driving up it, but it was really cool!

I will have to look into the name of the Luau that we went to... it was family owned land and you went through a tour where they had each area of land that showed the history of Hawaii, and then they had the pig ceremony (of course!!) and after dinner the show was AWESOME!
                    Was it the Smith family? They do the Fern Grotto cruise up the river as well.

There is an ATV Tour to the movie locations that is really fun too.

#10 beachbride08

beachbride08
                    • VIP Member
                    • 2,372 posts

Posted 23 May 2008 - 11:11 PM

Quote:
                      Originally Posted by Camille

I heard their helecopter tours are amazing!! We just didn't want to spend that much money!! (My cousin and I went there after graduating college!) There is one that takes you to where they filmed Jurasic Park... you can ONLY get there by helicopter! I heard it was great! I wish I had done it! =(

Hope that helps!

I did the helicopter tour when I went there and it was absolutely amazing and totally worth the price IMO.
                      Michelle

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users