El Dorado Royale

• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

#11 leigh miller

leigh miller
  • 936 posts

Posted 01 February 2007 - 02:11 PM

Originally Posted by sheaa
    I just noticed on another forum that the beach is un-swimable at El Dorado Royale... this is the first time I have read this. Does anybody have any info. on this? I think that would put a damper on the trip- a lot of my guests have never seen/ been in the ocean before.
    when i was there in september people were swimming all over the place. i would ask the resort.

#12 Jackie

• 2,290 posts

Posted 01 February 2007 - 02:21 PM

I'm pretty sure the resort is swimable. I think what most people tend to complain about is the look of their beach is not your typical tropical ocean etc etc... They put sand bags in in order to make it swimable though. I believe, but yes Leigh is right I would check with the resort.
      My Dreams Cabo Wedding Review

#13 TammyWright

Admin & Owner

• Administrators
      • 11,659 posts
      • Wedding Location:Dreams Los Cabos

Posted 01 February 2007 - 03:01 PM

EDR is a great place to get married...one of our members just got back from her site visit...here is the post.

here's some info on edr:

Founder and Owner of BestDestinationWedding.com  /  Bride & Groom Fly FREE Promotion

Looking for a travel agency that specializes in Destination Weddings-CLICK HERE?  We are an award winning travel agency and you can read our reviews here.
      Awards and recognition: 
      Palace Resorts Winner "Top Travel Agent", "Top Homebased Travel Agency" PRO Platinum Agency (Top Award)     |    AMResorts Master Agent & Top Agency  
      Karisma Hotels Diamond Level 5 (highest production), Top 10 Azul Weddings, Top Wedding Coordinator | Wright Travel & Karisma GIVC Benefits
      Travel Impressions Best of the Best Globe Winner    |     Apple Vacations Golden Apple Winner  
      sml_gallery_206696_17612_13451.pnggallery_206696_17572_8409.jpg    sml_gallery_206696_17572_1003.jpg
      Vendor rules are HERE! Please read!  If you are a vendor and looking to advertise your business, please email ads@bestdestinationwedding.com.

#14 SheaS

• 380 posts

Posted 01 February 2007 - 03:17 PM

It is soooo cold here right now!!! It is going to be around 2 degrees for a high this weekend!

#15 SheaS

• 380 posts

Posted 01 February 2007 - 04:10 PM

where are some good stores or websites for destination dresses??

#16 leigh miller

leigh miller
          • 936 posts

Posted 01 February 2007 - 05:38 PM

Originally Posted by sheaa
            where are some good stores or websites for destination dresses??
            Nicole Miller

#17 *JillD*

• 5,112 posts

Posted 01 February 2007 - 10:07 PM

Like Jackie said, I don't think its unswimmable, but the sandbags they had to put in aren't pretty. I think they put them in after the hurricane, but I could be wrong.

#18 Christine

• VIP Member
              • 21,514 posts
              • Wedding Date:July 20, 2007
              • Wedding Location:Napa, California
              • LocationReno, NV

Posted 01 February 2007 - 11:21 PM

Welcome-the other ladies have given you great advice. I hope you find a place. Let us know how we can help otherwise.
              Christine + Will (married 7/20/07) + Ainsleigh (born 6/25/08) + Nolan (born 11/9/10) + Delaney (born 12/31/13) = One Very Happy Family!

#19 weez

• 151 posts

Posted 02 February 2007 - 12:05 AM

Hi Sheaa! I am also an EDR bride, we are getting married there March 24th. I am not sure what you are looking for in a resort but can tell you that the people at the resort have been really wonderful so far! Everyone is really responsive and helpful.
                I have never heard that the beach is unswimmable but did hear that it can be a little rocky, the other girls are right in saying that there are sandbags in the ocean in order to make it safer to swim (there was some damage done to the ocean floor in the hurricane I believe?).
                Hope I can help with your questions, let me know!

#20 SheaS

• 380 posts

Posted 02 February 2007 - 12:53 AM

Well, I guess I have liked everything I heard about the resort then.... and it would be perfect if the beach was nice and you were able to swim there.

I did notice too that none of the pictures of the beach had any lawnchairs or beach activities.... I know I would want beach volleyball, and it would be nice to have the options of jetskis, parasailing etc.... I guessing it is not available here, otherwise they would list it like other resorts. I realize that they focus on relaxing though... I will have to look into it more.

Does anybody know about any sunset cruises, or catamaran cruises at or near this resort? I took one in Jamacia once and it was amazing. I would like to take my guests on one, but again it doesn't look like the resort offers anything like this.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users