Share your ceremony script!

Our vows- sharing and hope it helps someone. All pretty much pieced together from other posts on here. ....................................

Jennifer and Holger

5-19-13

Opening Welcome Family and Friends – On behalf of Jennifer and Holger, I want to thank you all for gathering here on this beautiful day to witness their marriage ceremony. The fact that you all have traveled such a great distance to be here today is a testament to the amazing amount of love and support they have. They would like to sincerely thank you all for being here to witness and celebrate this moment. The couple would also like to thank their parents for their everlasting love, support and encouragement and their presence today. Being assured of your love as lifelong companions, and that you have your families blessings, I now ask, who gives this woman to be married to this man? (Gary Edwards, “I doâ€). Thank you. Vows (Please face each other and join hands) Holger – Do you accept Jennifer to be your wife, to love and to cherish, to share your dreams, successes and challenges, in plenty and in want, in triumph and in failure, in joy and in sorrow, in sickness and in health, for as long as you both shall live? (Holger- “I doâ€) Jennifer – Do you accept Holger to be your husband, to love and to cherish, to share your dreams, successes and challenges, in plenty and in want, in triumph and in failure, in joy and in sorrow, in sickness and in health, for as long as you both shall live? (Jennifer- “I doâ€) The Blessing Of The Sea Jennifer and Holger, as we stand by the ocean, may your love always be as constant and unchanging as these never-ending waves that break before us, flowing endlessly from the depths of the sea. Your love came softly upon each other's hearts, just as the sea foam lies softly before us, and just as there will never be a morning without the ocean's flow, may there never be a day without your love for each other. As the tides ebb and flow so to, do the fortunes of life. Footprints in the sand are washed away, driftwood moves on its endless quest for a peaceful harbor. Only a deep and abiding love can withstand the tides of change in two lives. Pledge yourselves to each other this day, and promise to be as faithful and dependable as the tide. Just as these waters nourish the earth and sustain life, may your constant love nourish and sustain each other until the end of time. Sand Ceremony – Holger and Jennifer -you have just sealed your relationship by the exchange of vows. This covenant is a relationship pledge between two people who agree that they will commit themselves to one another throughout their lives. Today, this relationship is symbolized through the pouring of these two individual containers of sand- one, representing you, Jennifer and all that you were, all that you are, and all that you will ever be, and the other representing you Holger and all that you were and all that you are, and all that you will ever be. I invite you both now to pour the sand from each separate vase into the third vase. As these two containers of sand are poured into the third vase, the individual containers of sand will no longer exist, but will be joined together as one. Just as these grains of sand can never be separated and poured again into the individual containers, so will your marriage be. (Pouring of sand- Adele Lovesong) Rings – (The rings please) I will ask you now to seal the vows which have been made, by the giving and receiving of rings. Your wedding rings represent the unconditional love that you have for one another. These rings are a circle with no beginning and no end. Wear them with honor and pride as they are a visible reminder of the vows and promises you have made here today. Holger, please take this ring and place it on Jenniferâ€s finger and repeat after me: Jennifer I give you this ring  as a visible and constant symbol of my promise to love you as long as I live. You are my one true love and partner in life.  I will cherish and love you today, tomorrow and forever.  I will trust and respect you,  laugh and cry with you. I will love you faithfully and unconditionally. Holger I give you this ring as a visible and constant symbol of my promise to love you  as long as I live. You are my one true love and partner in life. I will cherish and love you  today, tomorrow and forever. I will trust and respect you,  laugh and cry with you.  I will love you faithfully and unconditionally. Closing: We, who are present today, hope that the inspiration of this moment will never be forgotten.  May all your days and years to come be filled with vision, joy and passion.  May the love you now share continue to grow, and may the happiness you bring to each other be a continuing part of your life together.  With friends and family, along with the sun, the sky, and the sea, it is my pleasure to announce the new Husband and Wife, Mr. & Mrs. Jennifer and Holger Pokrandt! You may now kiss the bride J (Release bubbles)

Wow, I LOVE the blessing of the sea... My Stepmom is reading the Apache Wedding Blessing, and it's really all about the elements, and the Sea part seems to just fit with that perfectly. I hope MIL will go for it, it would be her reading :-)
  • Like 2

• 2 months later...

Wow, I LOVE the blessing of the sea... My Stepmom is reading the Apache Wedding Blessing, and it's really all about the elements, and the Sea part seems to just fit with that perfectly. I hope MIL will go for it, it would be her reading :-)

I also love the Blessing of the Sea! That's beautiful! I was going to add it into my script, but I feel like I have a similar part at the beginning of my script.

Ceremony Script

I pieced this together from other brides scripts from this very thread! I have been working on it for months and love it! We took the parts that we felt really related/represented us the best.

Hopefully someone will be able to use it or parts of it!

Also wherever it says Bride and Groom, its actually going to be our names.

Processional

Please be seated.

Opening

Welcome Bride, Groom, Family, and Friends,

Officiant intro

We are gathered here today to celebrate one of life's greatest moments, to give recognition to the worth and beauty of love, and to cherish the words which shall unite Bride and Groom in marriage.

This beautiful setting should remind us that, like the ocean, human life is an ebb and flow- spirit and emotions move in cycles. To be in a relationship does not guarantee an eternal summer. To make a sincere and honest commitment does not promise an end to all struggle. What a good relationship does offer, much like this ocean, is the opportunity for renewal.  It recognizes the abiding, shared hope that after every fall and winter, spring and summer will come again.

On behalf of Bride and Groom, I welcome you and thank you all for gathering here on this beautiful day to witness their marriage ceremony. The fact that you all have travelled such a great distance to be here today is a testament to the amazing amount of love and support they have. Many of you have given them much happiness, love, warmth, and guidance through the various stages of their lives. They would like to sincerely thank you all for being here to celebrate their day.

I have also been asked by Bride and Groom to thank their parents for the wonderful lives they have given them, for the hard work and guidance they have provided, for their everlasting love, support, and encouragement. It is from them that they have learned the true meaning of love, friendship and family.

Supporting of the Bride and Groom

If I could please have the parents of Bride and Groom stand.

Being assured of your love as life long companions, and that you have your families blesssings, I now ask,

Bride Mom and Bride Dad, do you support this unity between Bride and Groom, and do you welcome Groom into your family?

Bride’s Parents: We do.

Groom Mom and Groom Dad, do you support this unity between Groon and Bride, and do you welcome Bride into your family?

Groom's Parents: We do.

Thank you, please be seated .

Ceremony

For Bride and Groom marriage is the promise of hope between two people who love each other, who honour each other as individuals, and who wish to unite their lives and share their future together. It is created from the purest of friendship, respect and love.

This ceremony marks but one step in a continuing process of change and growth in your relationship. Growth is an essential part of marriage as it is an essential part of life. Your relationship will unfold into new dimensions and as you move forward together, your marriage will remain a source of new strength and insight.

Happiness in marriage is not something we should take for granted. A good marriage must be created. It is one of never being too old to hold hands and it is remembering to say ‘I love you’ every day. It is having a mutual sense of values and common objectives. It is doing things for each other, not in the attitude of duty or sacrifice, but in the spirit of joy. It is speaking words of appreciation and demonstrating gratitude in thoughtful ways. It is not looking for perfection in each other but cultivating flexibility, patience, understanding and a sense of humour. It is having the capacity to forgive and forget and it is giving each other an atmosphere in which each can grow. It is not only marrying the right partner, it is being the right partner.

Bride and Groom, you have chosen to walk through life together hand in hand in marriage. There is no truer statement of love. The choice was not made by any one moment, but by being together you grew to realize that you belonged together and that you fulfilled each other’s needs. You have come to thrive upon each other’s presence, loyalty, wisdom, and love. The foundation of your love is profound friendship. A friendship you have nurtured until at last, you realized that you wanted to be together always. The commitment you make today will be the foundation on which you will build your life together.

Reading

Officiant: I would now like to invite Mother of the Bride, up to read a poem.

To Grow A Happy Marriage

Plant the seeds of love,

With all you say and do.

The better seed you sow,

the more comes back to you.

Nurturing your partner

gives your garden colour and flair.

Grow appreciation with compliments and care.

A little boring maintenance at times need be done.

But use your head,

Be positive instead and you’ll turn it into fun.

Take nothing for granted;

Replenish and renew.

Tend your marriage garden

And it will blossom all year through.

Thank you.

HAND CEREMONY

Bride, Groom, before you met, your lives were on separate roads… each going in different directions and seemingly leading to different destinations. But somewhere along the way, through some twist of fate, you met, became friends, and fell in love. Today, you find yourselves standing here together at the start of a new path, promising to forever join your separate journeys into one.

Please turn, hold up your hands, and hold one another.

These are the hands of your best friend, young and strong and full of love for you, that are holding yours on your wedding day as you promise to love each other today, tomorrow, and forever.
These are the hands that will work alongside yours as together you build your future.
These are the hands that will passionately love you and cherish you through the years, and with the slightest touch, will comfort you like no other.
These are the hands that will hold you when fear or grief fills your mind.
These are the hands that will wipe the tears from your eyes; tears of sorrow and tears of joy.
These are the hands that will give you strength when you need it.
These are the hands that will tenderly hold your children.
These are the hands that will help you to hold your family as one.
And lastly, these are the hands that even when wrinkled and aged will still be reaching for yours, still giving you the same unspoken tenderness with just a touch.

Our wish for you today is that both of you will use these hands to build a marriage where all your dreams come true.

Vows

We will now hear Groom and Bride’s vows, which they have written themselves.

Rings

Bride and Groom, your rings are intimately associated with your intent to honor and treasure the vows you have made today. By exchanging rings, resolve to live your vows and not to let them drift in shallow promises. Believe and trust that the words you have spoken have the capacity to create the marriage, family and life of your dreams, and that the rings you exchange will have the power to return you to your vows.

Groom as you place this ring on Bride’s finger, please repeat after me…

Bride, I give you this ring, as a sign of our marriage, and a lasting reminder, of the vows made between us today. I give you this ring, as a reminder that I will love, honor, and cherish you, in all times, in all places, and in all ways, forever.

Bride as you place this ring on Groom's finger, please repeat after me…

Groom, I too give you this ring, as a sign of our marriage, and a lasting reminder, of the vows made between us today. I give you this ring, as a reminder that I will love, honor, and cherish you, in all times, in all places, and in all ways, forever.

Closing:

Bride and Groom, remember to treat both yourself and each other with respect, and remind yourselves often of what brought you together. Give the highest priority to the tenderness, gentleness and kindness that your connection deserves. When frustration, difficulty or fear assail your relationship remember to focus on what is right between you. In this way, you can ride out the times when clouds hide the face of the sun in your lives – remembering that even if you lose sight of it for a moment, the sun is still there. And if each of you takes responsibility for the quality of your lives together, your life together will be marked by abundance and delight.

Give to one another new experiences of joy. Challenge one another so that you may grow. May the love you hold for each other, now sealed in marriage, continue to mature with the passing years. May you never take each other for granted, but always experience the wonder of your union. Be slow to anger, quick to forgive, leaving no tracks of resentment behind each day.

With friends and family, along with the sun, the sand, and the sea, I have the pleasure of announcing you as husband and wife.

You may now kiss the bride!

• Like 1

• 1 year later...
  • 2 months later...

Love this

Hello :) I found this beautiful opening... I'm not sure how the rest of our symbolic ceremony will go, but i really want to add the hand ceremony as well. That was one of the most beautiful passages I have ever read for a wedding! "You have known each other from the first glance of acquaintance to this point of commitment. At some point, you decided to marry. From that moment of yes to this moment of yes, indeed, you have been making promises and agreements in an informal way. All those conversations that were held riding in a car or over a meal or during long walks - all those sentences that began with “When weâ€re married†and continued with “I will and you will and we willâ€- those late night talks that included “someday†and “somehow†and “maybeâ€- and all those promises that are unspoken matters of the heart. All these common things, and more, are the real process of a wedding. The symbolic vows that you are about to make are a way of saying to one another, “ You know all those things weâ€ve promised and hoped and dreamed- well, I meant it all, every word.†Look at one another and remember this moment in time. Before this moment you have been many things to one another- best friend, companion, lover, dancing partner, and even teacher, for you have learned much from one another in these last few years. Now you shall say a few words that take you across a threshold of life, and things will never quite be the same between you. For after these vows, you shall say to the world, this- is my husband, this- is my wife."

Love this hand ceremony

Ceremony Script

I pieced this together from other brides scripts from this very thread! I have been working on it for months and love it! We took the parts that we felt really related/represented us the best.

Hopefully someone will be able to use it or parts of it!

Also wherever it says Bride and Groom, its actually going to be our names.

Processional

Please be seated.

Opening

Welcome Bride, Groom, Family, and Friends,

Officiant intro

We are gathered here today to celebrate one of life's greatest moments, to give recognition to the worth and beauty of love, and to cherish the words which shall unite Bride and Groom in marriage.

This beautiful setting should remind us that, like the ocean, human life is an ebb and flow- spirit and emotions move in cycles. To be in a relationship does not guarantee an eternal summer. To make a sincere and honest commitment does not promise an end to all struggle. What a good relationship does offer, much like this ocean, is the opportunity for renewal.  It recognizes the abiding, shared hope that after every fall and winter, spring and summer will come again.

On behalf of Bride and Groom, I welcome you and thank you all for gathering here on this beautiful day to witness their marriage ceremony. The fact that you all have travelled such a great distance to be here today is a testament to the amazing amount of love and support they have. Many of you have given them much happiness, love, warmth, and guidance through the various stages of their lives. They would like to sincerely thank you all for being here to celebrate their day.

I have also been asked by Bride and Groom to thank their parents for the wonderful lives they have given them, for the hard work and guidance they have provided, for their everlasting love, support, and encouragement. It is from them that they have learned the true meaning of love, friendship and family.

Supporting of the Bride and Groom

If I could please have the parents of Bride and Groom stand.

Being assured of your love as life long companions, and that you have your families blesssings, I now ask,

Bride Mom and Bride Dad, do you support this unity between Bride and Groom, and do you welcome Groom into your family?

Bride’s Parents: We do.

Groom Mom and Groom Dad, do you support this unity between Groon and Bride, and do you welcome Bride into your family?

Groom's Parents: We do.

Thank you, please be seated .

Ceremony

For Bride and Groom marriage is the promise of hope between two people who love each other, who honour each other as individuals, and who wish to unite their lives and share their future together. It is created from the purest of friendship, respect and love.

This ceremony marks but one step in a continuing process of change and growth in your relationship. Growth is an essential part of marriage as it is an essential part of life. Your relationship will unfold into new dimensions and as you move forward together, your marriage will remain a source of new strength and insight.

Happiness in marriage is not something we should take for granted. A good marriage must be created. It is one of never being too old to hold hands and it is remembering to say ‘I love you’ every day. It is having a mutual sense of values and common objectives. It is doing things for each other, not in the attitude of duty or sacrifice, but in the spirit of joy. It is speaking words of appreciation and demonstrating gratitude in thoughtful ways. It is not looking for perfection in each other but cultivating flexibility, patience, understanding and a sense of humour. It is having the capacity to forgive and forget and it is giving each other an atmosphere in which each can grow. It is not only marrying the right partner, it is being the right partner.Bride and Groom, you have chosen to walk through life together hand in hand in marriage. There is no truer statement of love. The choice was not made by any one moment, but by being together you grew to realize that you belonged together and that you fulfilled each other’s needs. You have come to thrive upon each other’s presence, loyalty, wisdom, and love. The foundation of your love is profound friendship. A friendship you have nurtured until at last, you realized that you wanted to be together always. The commitment you make today will be the foundation on which you will build your life together.

Reading

Officiant: I would now like to invite Mother of the Bride, up to read a poem.

To Grow A Happy Marriage

Plant the seeds of love,

With all you say and do.

The better seed you sow,

the more comes back to you.

Nurturing your partner

gives your garden colour and flair.

Grow appreciation with compliments and care.

A little boring maintenance at times need be done.

But use your head,

Be positive instead and you’ll turn it into fun.

Take nothing for granted;

Replenish and renew.

Tend your marriage garden

And it will blossom all year through.

Thank you.

HAND CEREMONY

Bride, Groom, before you met, your lives were on separate roads… each going in different directions and seemingly leading to different destinations. But somewhere along the way, through some twist of fate, you met, became friends, and fell in love. Today, you find yourselves standing here together at the start of a new path, promising to forever join your separate journeys into one.

Please turn, hold up your hands, and hold one another.

These are the hands of your best friend, young and strong and full of love for you, that are holding yours on your wedding day as you promise to love each other today, tomorrow, and forever.

These are the hands that will work alongside yours as together you build your future.

These are the hands that will passionately love you and cherish you through the years, and with the slightest touch, will comfort you like no other.

These are the hands that will hold you when fear or grief fills your mind.

These are the hands that will wipe the tears from your eyes; tears of sorrow and tears of joy.

These are the hands that will give you strength when you need it.

These are the hands that will tenderly hold your children.

These are the hands that will help you to hold your family as one.

And lastly, these are the hands that even when wrinkled and aged will still be reaching for yours, still giving you the same unspoken tenderness with just a touch.

Our wish for you today is that both of you will use these hands to build a marriage where all your dreams come true.Vows

We will now hear Groom and Bride’s vows, which they have written themselves.

Rings

Bride and Groom, your rings are intimately associated with your intent to honor and treasure the vows you have made today. By exchanging rings, resolve to live your vows and not to let them drift in shallow promises. Believe and trust that the words you have spoken have the capacity to create the marriage, family and life of your dreams, and that the rings you exchange will have the power to return you to your vows.

Groom as you place this ring on Bride’s finger, please repeat after me…

Bride, I give you this ring, as a sign of our marriage, and a lasting reminder, of the vows made between us today. I give you this ring, as a reminder that I will love, honor, and cherish you, in all times, in all places, and in all ways, forever.

Bride as you place this ring on Groom's finger, please repeat after me…

Groom, I too give you this ring, as a sign of our marriage, and a lasting reminder, of the vows made between us today. I give you this ring, as a reminder that I will love, honor, and cherish you, in all times, in all places, and in all ways, forever.

Closing:Bride and Groom, remember to treat both yourself and each other with respect, and remind yourselves often of what brought you together. Give the highest priority to the tenderness, gentleness and kindness that your connection deserves. When frustration, difficulty or fear assail your relationship remember to focus on what is right between you. In this way, you can ride out the times when clouds hide the face of the sun in your lives – remembering that even if you lose sight of it for a moment, the sun is still there. And if each of you takes responsibility for the quality of your lives together, your life together will be marked by abundance and delight.

Give to one another new experiences of joy. Challenge one another so that you may grow. May the love you hold for each other, now sealed in marriage, continue to mature with the passing years. May you never take each other for granted, but always experience the wonder of your union. Be slow to anger, quick to forgive, leaving no tracks of resentment behind each day.

With friends and family, along with the sun, the sand, and the sea, I have the pleasure of announcing you as husband and wife.

You may now kiss the bride!

• Like 2