Share your ceremony script!

• 3 weeks later...

Here's what I've come up with. Many things were pieced in from this thread. Thanks Ladies!! :)

It's a little different because we've been married for 2 years, and are doing a vow renewal. (First time exchanging rings though!! )

Opening and Welcome

We are here today to participate in a most joyous occasion; to celebrate one of the greatest moments in life, by acknowledging the wedding of Theodore and Aimee.

Today is a very special day in your lives. In the time you have been together your love and understanding of each other has grown and matured. You have decided to continue living your lives together as husband and wife, promising to face the future together, accepting whatever may lie ahead. What you promise today must be renewed constantly and re-decided each and every day.

Love makes the burdens lighter, because you divide them. It makes joys much more intense because you will share them. It makes you stronger so you can reach out and become involved in life in ways you dared not risk alone. To attain such love, you will need to commit yourselves to each other freely and gladly for the sake of a richer and deeper life together.

If you would have the foundation of your marriage be the devotion you have for one another, not just at this moment, but for all the days to come, then treasure the hopes and dreams that you bring here today. Establish that your love will never be blotted out by the common, not obscured by the ordinary in life.

The covenant of marriage is one that can be entered into only by persons who are both legally and spiritually free to offer themselves to one another. Likewise, when you come to renew your vows of matrimony you must also come freely, for what you are saying is “ If I had to do this all over again, I would pick you”.

Will you please, facing each other, now join hands?

Theodore, Please repeat after me.

I, Theodore, take you Aimee as my friend and my wife

beside me and apart from me

in laughter and in tears

asking that you be

no other than yourself

loving and trusting you

in all the ways

that life may find us.

I will continue to honor and love you

all the days of my life.

Aimee, Please repeat after me.

I, Aimee, take you Theodore as my friend and my husband

beside me and apart from me

in laughter and in tears

asking that you be

no other than yourself

loving and trusting you

in all the ways

that life may find us.

I will continue to honor and love you

all the days of my life.

Exchanging of Rings

May I have the rings. Notice that these rings are a perfect circle, with no beginning and no end. They represent the unconditional love that you have for one another. Let these rings serve as a bond between you and wear them with honor and pride, as they are a visible reminder of the vows and promises that you will make here today.

Theodore, take this ring, and as you place it on Aimee’s finger, repeat after me:

Theodore: This ring I give you, in token of my devotion and love, and with my heart, I pledge to you all that I am. With this ring I marry you again, and continue to join my life to yours.

Aimee, take this ring, and as you place it on Theodore’s finger, repeat after me:

Bride: This ring I give you, in token of my devotion and love, and with my heart, I pledge to you all that I am. With this ring I marry you again, and continue to join my life to yours.

The engagement ring is a symbol of promise and intention. Now the intention is realized and the promise fulfilled. Theodore, place the engagement ring on Aimee’s finger over her wedding band to symbolize the love that brought you together.

May this day shine eternally in your lives.

May it add brilliance to every achievement and cast a light over any misfortune.

May you care for each other in sadness.

May you give cheer to each other.

May you give vitality to each other in all undertakings.

May all that is virtuous, beautiful, and honest, remain with you always.

Love is a friendship that has caught fire.

It is quiet understanding,

mutual confidence,

sharing and forgiving.

It is loyalty through good and bad.

It settles for less than perfection,

and makes allowances for human weakness.

Love is content with the present.

It hopes for the future and it doesn’t brood over the past.

It’s the day-in and day-out chronicle of irritations, problems, compromises,

small disappointments, big victories, and working toward common goals.

If you have love in your life,

it can make up for a great many things you lack.

If you don’t have it,

no matter what else there is,

it is not enough,

so search for it, ask God for it,

and share it!

You Theodore and Aimee have once again pledged your devotion to each other. From the time you first said, I do, you have chosen to love because you have made the commitment to be together.

Your lives have been joined in one unbroken circle. Wherever you go may you always return to one another. May you continue to grow in understanding and in compassion. May the home that you have together continue to be full of love, laughter, family and friends.

Pronouncement of Husband and Wife

Because you Theodore and Aimee have once again exchanged your promises of faithful love, and because in our presence you also exchanged symbols, which make your covenant visible, we now recognize you again, as husband and wife.

You may kiss your bride.

Congratulations Mr. and Mrs. Theodore XXX