Share your ceremony script!

• 3 weeks later...

THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU!!! I am getting married in 2 weeks and I've been STRUGGLING with the vows. It hit me like a ton of bricks today that all of my guests are flying in for this special moment and I've given attention to so many other details but sadly neglected this one. This thread is a God send. I was able to craft a draft in a fraction of the time that it's taken me (months) to draft the original.

I cried reading these vows and I'm so touched that you guys have shared with us your ideas. It means a lot!

Thank you again!

"The engagement ring is a symbol of promise and intention. Now the intention is realized and the promise fulfilled. Robin, please place the engagement ring on Lindsayâ€s finger over her wedding band to symbolize that the love that brought you together will always protect and sustain your marriage."

I absolutely LOVE this idea Lindsay!!!

I'm sooo glad I found this thread, but know I'm a little scared b/c I cried through all of it so I can't imagine what I'll be like next year lol. Thank you for all the inspiration ladies!!!

Here's what I have ladies...took a bit from everyone's and made it fit us. Thank you sooo much to everyone for the inspiration. Even though it's a little over 10 months away, I feel relieved and more excited than ever now that this part is done. BTW my FI loves it!!!

You may be seated.

We are here today to participate in a most joyous occasion; to celebrate one of the greatest moments in life, by acknowledging the wedding of Alex and Carolina.

Who gives this woman to be married to this man?

This beautiful setting should remind us that, like the ocean, human life is an ebb and flow- the life of the spirit and emotions- moves in cycles. To be in a relationship does not guarantee an eternal summer. To make a sincere and honest commitment does not promise an end to all struggle. What a good relationship does offer, much like this ocean, is the opportunity for renewal. It recognizes the abiding, shared hope that after every fall and winter, spring and summer will come again.

On behalf of Alex and Carolina, I welcome you and thank you all for gathering here on this beautiful day to witness their marriage ceremony. The fact that you all have travelled such a great distance to be here today is a testament to the amazing amount of love and support they have. Many of you have given them much happiness, warmth, and guidance through the various stages of their lives. They would like to sincerely thank you all for being here to celebrate their big day. A special and respectful acknowledgement must also be made to those friends and family members who were unable to attend, or have passed on, but whose spirit remains alive and strong in all our hearts.

I have also been asked by Alex and Carolina to thank their parents for the wonderful lives they have given them, for the hard work and guidance they have provided, for their everlasting love, support, and encouragement. It is from them that they have learned the true meaning of love, friendship and family.

Marriage is an affirmation of life, an undying commitment, a spiritual, emotional, and intellectual bond between two people. It is created from the purest of friendship, respect and love. The institution of marriage is not entered into lightly, because it symbolizes commitment on every level. Together you will continue to meet the challenges and obstacles of life head on.

For Alex and Carolina, this day does not mark the beginning of a new relationship; rather, it is an acknowledgement and celebration, of a relationship that has been flourishing since the moment they met.

Love is one of the few constants in the universe. It is reality, affinity, and communication. Only love is capable of joining living beings by their deepest essence. It makes burdens lighter because you divide them. It makes joys more intense because you share them. Love makes you stronger so you can reach out and become involved with life in ways you dared not risk alone.

You have chosen to walk through life together. There is no truer statement of love. Before this moment you have been many things to one another- best friend, companion, lover, partner, and even teacher, for you have learned much from one another in these last few years. Soon you shall say a few words that take you across a threshold of life, and things will never quite be the same between you. For after these vows, you shall say to the world, this- is my husband, this- is my wife.

As an expression that you are joined together in love, will you please hold each others†hands in your own, so you may feel the gift that you are about to receive on this day.

These are the hands of your best friend, young and strong and full of love for you, the hands that will work alongside yours as together you build your future.

These are the hands that will passionately love you and cherish you through the years, and with the slightest touch, will comfort you like no other.

These are the hands that will wipe the tears from your eyes; tears of sorrow and tears of joy, the hands that will give you strength when you need it.

These are the hands that will help you to hold your family as one.

And lastly, these are the hands that even when wrinkled and aged will still be reaching for yours, giving you the same unspoken tenderness with just a touch.

Alex, do you come here freely to take Carolina as your wife?

Carolina, do you come here freely to take Alex as your husband?

May I have the rings. Notice that these rings are a perfect circle, with no beginning and no end. They represent the unconditional love that you have for one another. Let these rings serve as a bond between you and wear them with honor and pride,

as they are a visible reminder of the vows and promises that you will make here today.

Alex, take this ring, and as you place it on Carolinaâ€s finger, repeat after me:

I, Alex, take you Carolina, to be my wife, to have and to hold from this day forward, for better or for worse, for richer or for poorer, in sickness and in health, to love and to honor as long as we both shall live. With this ring, I thee wed.

Carolina, take this ring, and as you place it on Alexâ€s finger, repeat after me:

I, Carolina, take you Alex, to be my husband, to have and to hold from this day forward, for better or for worse, for richer or for poorer, in sickness and in health, to love and to honor as long as we both shall live. With this ring, I thee wed.

The engagement ring is a symbol of promise and intention. Now the intention is realized and the promise fulfilled. Alex, place the engagement ring on Carolinaâ€s finger over her wedding band to symbolize that the love that brought you together will always protect and sustain your marriage.

Alex and Carolina, now you will feel no rain, for each of you will be shelter for the other. Now you will feel no cold, for each of you will be warmth to the other. Now there will be no loneliness, for each of you will be companion to the other. Now you are two persons, but there is only one life before you. May beauty surround you both in the journey ahead and through all the years. May happiness be your companion and your days together be good and long upon the earth. Give to one another new experiences of joy. Challenge one another so that you may grow. May the love you hold for each other, now sealed in marriage, continue to mature with the passing years. May you never take each other for granted, but always experience the wonder of your union. We all bear witness to this ceremony you have just performed, and this bond that has been formed today can be broken by none.

In the City of Cancun Mexico, as your officiant this 24th day of September, 2010, I now pronounce you husband and wife. You make kiss the bride.

Ladies and Gentlemen, it is my honor to present Mr. and Mrs. Alex XXXXX.