Share your ceremony script!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morgan View Post
mod02.gif Do you think we should change the title to "Share you ceremony script"? I think more people will view it knowing that there is more than just 1 script. And then more will share. More beautiful verses for me to use :)
Ooh that's a great idea! Didn't think of that when I first started the thread. How do we change it??

I am glad I found this thread. I should maybe start piecing our ceremony script together so I am not in a big rush right before we leave!

aeroo - I love the "you may now kiss your groom"!!!! That is so awesome. I think I will definately have to use that!

Here is our Ceremony:

Greeting & Opening prayer- Given by Minister

Blessing of the hands

Courtney, please face T.K. and hold his hands, palms up, so that you may see the gift that they are to you.

These are the hands that will passionately love you and cherish you through the years, for a lifetime of happiness. These are the hands that will countless times wipe the tears from your eyes; tears of sorrow and tears of joy. These are the hands that will comfort you in illness and hold you when fear or grief fills you. These are the hands that will give you support and celebrate with you in your accomplishments.

T.K., take a look at the position of your hands with Courtneyâ€s and know that this is the last time that you will have the “upper hand.â€

T.K., please hold Courtneyâ€s hands, palms up, so that you may see the gift that they are to you.

These are the hands of your best friend, smooth, young and carefree, as she promises to passionately love you and cherish you through the years, for a lifetime of happiness. These are the hands that will hold you tight as you struggle through difficult times. They are the hands that will comfort you when you are sick or console you when you are grieving. These are the hands that will passionately love you and cherish you through the years, for a lifetime of happiness. These are the hands that will give you support as she encourages you to fulfill your dreams.

Our prayer for you today is that both of you will use these hands to build a marriage where all your dreams come true.

Declaration of Intent

T.K. do you take this woman to be your wife, and do you pledge your faithfulness to her, in all love and honor, in all duty and service, in all faith and tenderness, to live with her, and cherish her, according to the ordinance of God, in the holy bond of marriage?

Courtney, do you take this man to be your husband, and do you pledge your faithfulness to him, in all love and honor, in all duty and service, in all faith and tenderness, to live with him, and cherish him, according to the ordinance of God, in the holy bond of marriage?

Asked to Congregation:

Will you bless this couple, encouraging them in Christâ€s love, in faithful prayer and loving service, according to the ordinance of God, as a family of believers celebrating and sharing in His grace and love?

Exchange of Vows

Bride and Groom will share personal vows they have written.

Exchange of Rings- Repeat after minister

I give you this ring as my pledge

That I shall cherish you with all my heart and soul from this day forward

in the name of the Father; and of the Son; and of the Holy Spirit.

Engagement Ring

The engagement ring is a symbol of promise and intention. Now the intention is realized and the promise fulfilled. TK, please place the engagement ring on Courtneyâ€s finger over her wedding band to symbolize that the love that brought you together will always protect and sustain your marriage.

Sand Ceremony

"Today, this relationship is symbolized through the pouring of these two individual containers of sand one, representing you Courtney and all that you were, all that you are, and all that you will ever be, and the other representing you, T.K., and all that you were and all that you are, and all that you will ever be. As these two containers of sand are poured into the third container, the individual containers of sand will no longer exist, but will be joined together as one. Just as these grains of sand can never be separated and poured again into the individual containers, so will your marriage be."

Closing prayer/Benediction-Given by Minister

Declaration of Marriage

Having declared your love and commitment before God and these witnesses; having given each other rings symbolizing the purity and permanence of your commitment; by the authority vested in me as a minister of Jesus Christ, I declare Courtney and TK are now husband and wife according to the ordinance of God, in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Spirit. Whom God has joined together, let no man put asunder. Amen.

Presentation of the couple

Mr. and Mrs. T.K. Johnson

Recessional

• 3 weeks later...

Hello :)

I found this beautiful opening... I'm not sure how the rest of our symbolic ceremony will go, but i really want to add the hand ceremony as well. That was one of the most beautiful passages I have ever read for a wedding!

"You have known each other from the first glance of acquaintance to this point of commitment. At some point, you decided to marry. From that moment of yes to this moment of yes, indeed, you have been making promises and agreements in an informal way.

All those conversations that were held riding in a car or over a meal or during long walks - all those sentences that began with “When weâ€re married†and continued with “I will and you will and we willâ€- those late night talks that included “someday†and “somehow†and “maybeâ€- and all those promises that are unspoken matters of the heart.

All these common things, and more, are the real process of a wedding. The symbolic vows that you are about to make are a way of saying to one another, “ You know all those things weâ€ve promised and hoped and dreamed- well, I meant it all, every word.†Look at one another and remember this moment in time.

Before this moment you have been many things to one another- best friend, companion, lover, dancing partner, and even teacher, for you have learned much from one another in these last few years. Now you shall say a few words that take you across a threshold of life, and things will never quite be the same between you. For after these vows, you shall say to the world, this- is my husband, this- is my wife."

• Like 1