Share your ceremony script!

This is ours! I have all of you wonderful ladies to thank though! I couldn't have done it without all of your beautiful scripts :)

WELCOME

Joshua and Halsey, you have known each other for 3 wonderful years, from the first glance of acquaintance to this point of commitment. At some point, you decided to marry. From that moment of yes to this moment of yes, indeed, you have been making promises and agreements in an informal way.

All those conversations that were held riding in the truck, lying in the hammock in the backyard, or during those days that you overlooked the valley from high atop the mountains - all those sentences that began with “When weâ€re married†and continued with “I will and you will and we willâ€- those late night talks that included “someday†and “somehow†and “maybeâ€- and all those promises that are unspoken matters of the heart.

All these common things, and more, are the real process of a wedding. The symbolic vows that you are about to make are a way of saying to one another, “You know all those things weâ€ve promised and hoped and dreamed- well, I meant it all, every word.†Look at one another and remember this moment in time.

Before this moment you have been many things to one another- best friend, companion, lover, motivator, motorcycle riding partner, and even teacher, for you have learned much from one another in these last few years. Now you shall say a few words that take you across a threshold of life, and things will never quite be the same between you.  For after these vows, you shall say to the world, “this is my husband,†and “this is my wifeâ€

The Blessing Of The Sea

Halsey and Josh, as we stand by the ocean, may your love always be as constant and unchanging as these never-ending waves that break before us, flowing endlessly from the depths of the sea. Your love came softly upon each other's hearts, just as the sea foam lies softly before us, and just as there will never be a morning without the ocean's flow, may there never be a day without your love for each other.

As the tides ebb and flow so to, do the fortunes of life. Footprints in the sand are washed away, driftwood moves on its endless quest for a peaceful harbor. Only a deep and abiding love can withstand the tides of change in two lives.

Pledge yourselves to each other this day, and promise to be as faithful and dependable as the tide. Just as these waters nourish the earth and sustain life, may your constant love nourish and sustain each other until the end of time.

HAND CEREMONY

As an expression that you are joined together in love - will you please hold each others hands, so you may feel the gift that you are to each other.

These are the hands of your best friend, young and strong and full of love for you, that are holding yours on your wedding day as you promise to love each other today, tomorrow, and forever.

These are the hands that will work alongside yours as together you build your future.

These are the hands that will passionately love you and cherish you through the years, and with the slightest touch, will comfort you like no other.

These are the hands that will hold you when fear or grief fills your mind.

These are the hands that will wipe the tears from your eyes; tears of sorrow and tears of joy.

These are the hands that will give you strength when you need it.

These are the hands that will tenderly hold your children.

These are the hands that will help you to hold your family as one.

And lastly, these are the hands that even when wrinkled and aged will still be reaching for yours, still giving you the same unspoken tenderness with just a touch.

Vows

*Still holding hands from Hand Ceremony*

Josh, do you take Halsey, to be your wife? Do you promise love to her, respect her and care for her, under all conditions and circumstances of life to be a faithful husband to her for the rest of your lives together? [i do]

Please repeat after me:

Halsey, I love you. You are my best friend. Today I give myself to you in marriage. I promise to encourage and inspire you, to laugh with you and to comfort you in times of sorrow and struggle. I promise to love you in good times and in bad, when life seems easy and when it seems difficult. I promise to cherish you and to always hold you in highest regard. I promise to support you and to be there for you, through the good times and the bad. These things I give to you today, and for all the days of our life.

Halsey, do you take Josh, to be your husband? Do you promise love to him, respect him and care for him, under all conditions and circumstances of life to be a faithful wife to him for the rest of your lives together? [i do]

Please repeat after me:

Josh, I love you. You are my best friend. Today I give myself to you in marriage. I promise to encourage and inspire you, to laugh with you and to comfort you in times of sorrow and struggle. I promise to love you in good times and in bad, when life seems easy and when it seems difficult. I promise to cherish you and to always hold you in highest regard. I promise to support you and to be there for you through the good times and the bad. These things I give to you today, and for all the days of our life.

RING CEREMONY

Josh and Halsey, your rings are intimately associated with your intent to honor and treasure the vows you have made today. By exchanging rings, resolve to live your vows and not to let them drift in shallow promises. Believe and trust that the words you have spoken have the capacity to create the marriage, family and life of your dreams, and that the rings you exchange will have the power to return you to your vows.

Josh, please place this ring on Halseyâ€s finger and repeat after me. “Halsey, with this ring, I give you my heart and I promise from this day forward, you shall not walk alone. May my heart be your shelter and my arms be your home.â€

Halsey, please place this ring on Josh's finger and repeat after me. “Josh, with this ring, I give you my heart and I promise from this day forward, you shall not walk alone. May my heart be your shelter and my arms be your home.â€

Closing

Josh and Halsey if there is anything you remember of this marriage ceremony, may it be the love that brought you here today, it is only love which can make it a glorious union, and by love which your marriage shall endure. Today your separate lives with your individual memories, desires, and hopes merge into one. You are now taking into your care and keeping the happiness of the one person in the entire world whom you love above all others. You are adding to your life not only the affection of each other, but also the companionship and blessing of a deep trust as well. You are agreeing to share strength, responsibilities and to share love. May you be a blessing and comfort to each other, sharers of each otherâ€s dreams, consolers of each otherâ€s sorrows, helpers to each other in all of life's challenges. May you encourage each other in whatever you set out to achieve. May you trust each other, trust life and be unafraid. May your marriage bring you all the exquisite excitements a marriage should bring, and may life grant you patience, tolerance, and understanding.

With friends and family, along with the sun, the sand, and the sea, I have the pleasure of announcing you as husband and wife.

You may now kiss your bride!

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks to the ladies on here, I used some of their wording and a bit of our own.

Here is ours:  

Opening

Dearly beloved, we are gathered here in the presence of God, to join this man and this woman in holy marriage, which is instituted by God, and to be held in honor among all. Let us therefore reverently remember that God has established and sanctified marriage, for the welfare and happiness of mankind.

You have been invited here today to celebrate one of lifeâ€s most joyous occasions and to add your best wishes to the words which shall unite Mario and Michelle in marriage.  In the time they have been together, their love and understanding of each other has grown and matured, and now they have decided to live their lives together as husband and wife.

On behalf of Mario and Michelle, I welcome you and thank you all for gathering here on this beautiful day to witness their marriage ceremony. The fact that you all have travelled such a great distance to be here today is a testament to the amazing amount of love and support they have. All of you have given them much happiness, love, warmth, and guidance through the various stages of their lives. They would like to sincerely thank you all for being here to celebrate their special day.

Ceremony

Marriage is an affirmation of life, an undying commitment, a spiritual, emotional, and intellectual bond between two people. It is created from the purest of friendship, respect and love. The institution of marriage should not be entered into lightly, as it is true commitment on every level.

Our Savior has instructed those who enter into this relation to cherish a mutual esteem and love, to bear with each other's infirmities and weaknesses; to comfort each other in sickness, trouble, and sorrow; in honesty and industry to provide for each other and for their household in temporal things; to pray for and encourage each other in the things which pertain to God; and to live together as heirs of the grace of life.

Marriage has been described as living in love with your best friend; an adventure in the most intimate of human relationships. It is the mutual commitment of two people sincerely in love who share the same dreams about life, their fears and desire of family. The vow of marriage is a pledge of their everlasting love, whereby, they commit to share all life has to offer.

The marriage between Mario and Michelle does not mark the beginning of a new relationship; rather, it is an acknowledgement and celebration of a relationship that has been flourishing since they met.

Love is the longing two people feel for one another. It is the need to share, in body and spirit, the warmth, serenity and peace two people can give to one another. A simple touch, a hand held at a time of uncertainty.  Love is lifeâ€s highest emotion. It makes us less selfish, it makes our personalities grow, and it makes our lives more meaningful. It is caring about the welfare and happiness of your partner as your own. Love makes burdens lighter because you divide them. It makes joys more intense because you share them. And it makes you stronger so you can reach out and become involved with life in ways you dared not risk alone.

A successful marriage takes more than just love. It takes trust, to know in your hearts that you want only the best for each other. It takes dedication, to stay open to one another, to learn and grow, even when it is difficult to do so. And it takes faith, to go forward together without knowing what the future holds for you both.

Mario and Michelle, you have chosen to walk through life together. There is no truer statement of love. The choice was not made by any one moment, but by being together you grew to realize that you belonged together and that you fulfilled each otherâ€s needs. You have come to thrive upon each otherâ€s presence, loyalty and wisdom. The foundation of your love is profound friendship, which you have nurtured until at last you realized that you wanted to be together forever. The commitment you make today will be the foundation on which you will build your life together.

Vows

Mario, do you take Michelle to be your wife?

I DO!

Mario please join hands with Michelle repeat after me:

I, Mario, choose you, Michelle to be my wife above all others.

I promise to encourage and inspire you, to laugh with you, and to comfort you in times of sorrow and struggle.

I promise to love you in good times and in bad, when life seems easy and when it seems difficult, when our love is simple, and when it is an effort.

I promise to cherish you, and to always hold you in highest regard.

I promise to support you and to be there for you no matter what.

These things I give to you today, and for all the days of our life.

Michelle, do you take Mario to be your husband?

I DO!

Michelle, please repeat after me:

I, Michelle, take you, Mario to be my husband. 

I promise to encourage and inspire you, to laugh with you, and to comfort you in times of sorrow and struggle.

I promise to love you in good times and in bad, when life seems easy and when it seems difficult, when our love is simple, and when it is an effort.

I promise to cherish you, and to always hold you in highest regard.

I promise to support you and to be there for you no matter what.

These things I give to you today, and for all the days of our life.

Rings

Minister: "May I have the rings please?

Notice that these rings are a perfect circle, with no beginning and no end. They represent the unconditional love that you have for one another. Let these rings serve as a bond between you and wear them with honor and pride, as they are a visible reminder of the vows and promises that you will make here today.

Mario, as you place this ring on Michelleâ€s finger repeat after me.

I give you this ring as a symbol of my love and commitment to you and a lasting reminder of the vows made between us today. With this ring I choose you and join my life to yours.

Michelle, as you place this ring on Marioâ€s finger repeat after me.

I give you this ring as a symbol of my love and commitment to you and a lasting reminder of the vows made between us today. With this ring I choose you and join my life to yours.

Engagement Ring

The engagement ring is a symbol of promise and intention. Now the intention is realized and the promise fulfilled. Mario, place the engagement ring on Michelleâ€s finger over her wedding band to symbolize that the love that brought you together will always protect and sustain your marriage.

May the sacredness of this moment and the vows and rings you have exchanged ever remain as a priceless memory in the heart of each of you.

Signing of Marriage Certificate

Closing

Mario and Michelle, before you met, your lives were on separate roads, each going in different directions and seemingly leading to different destinations.  But somewhere along the way, through some twist of fate, you met and fell in love. Today, standing before God, you find yourselves together at the entrance of a new path, as you promise to forever join your once separate journeys into one.

You have just sealed your marriage by giving and receiving of rings. Although you will be sharing one life, never forget that you are two separate people.  Cherish and affirm your differences.  Love each other. Together you will laugh and cry, be sick and well, be happy and angry, share and grow. Grow sometimes together, sometimes separately.

As you have pledged your vows and exchanged rings, your lives are now joined; your separate journeys through life are now one. Your marriage be a molding of two individual personalities, bonded together forming one heart, one life, and one family.

Mario and Michelle, remember to give to one another new experiences of joy. Challenge one another so that you may grow. May the love you hold for each other, now sealed in marriage, continue to mature with the passing years. May you never take each other for granted, but always experience the wonder of your union. Be slow to anger, quick to forgive, leaving no tracks of resentment behind each day.

We, who are present today, hope that the inspiration of this moment will never be forgotten. May all your days and years to come be filled with vision, joy and passion. May the love you now share continue to grow, and may the happiness you bring to each other be a continuing part of your life together. May you continue to live well, laugh often and love much and enjoy each and every day, believing in yourself and believing in each other. May your love be a sanctuary and a source from which you draw strength to live your lives with enthusiasm and imagination. May the people you touch in your lifetime know how much you love and care for one another and may you love one another forever.

Presentation of Couple

Mario and Michelle, you have expressed your love and commitment, and promised each other the joy of all your days before family and friends; along with God, the sun, the sand, and the sea, it gives me great pleasure to pronounce you as husband and wife.

You may kiss your bride!

Family and friends, it is my honor to present to you for the very first time, Mr. and Mrs. xxxx.

A friend recently gave me a book titled "The Wedding Ceremony Planner" by Judith Johnson, PhD. It has been enormously helpful, because I definitely want to write our wedding ceremony. It has everything you could ever need to organize your own ceremony! And it makes me feel better that I'm not the only one who wants to write the ceremony ~ I am a total control freak and there is no way I am leaving what is said on the most important day of my life up to someone who I'll meet maybe a day before our wedding...................................

• 2 weeks later...

This is the first one from the person who started this thread and it's pretty great.  I think this is my template... going to make just a couple small changes! 

Opening

This beautiful setting should remind us that, like the ocean, human life is an ebb and flow- The life of the spirit and emotions- moves in cycles. To be in a relationship does not guarantee an eternal summer. To make a sincere and honest commitment does not promise, an end to all struggle. What a good relationship does offer, much like this ocean, is the opportunity for renewal. It recognizes the abiding, shared hope that after every fall and winter, spring and summer will come again.

On behalf of XXX and XXX, I welcome you and thank you all for gathering here on this beautiful day to witness their marriage ceremony. The fact that you all have travelled such a great distance to be here today is a testament to the amazing amount of love and support they have. Many of you have given them much happiness, love, warmth, and guidance through the various stages of their lives. They would like to sincerely thank you all for being here to celebrate their big day. A special and respectful acknowledgement must also be made to those friends and family members who were unable to attend, or have passed on, but whose spirit remains alive and strong in all our hearts.

I have also been asked by XXX and XXX to thank their parents for the wonderful lives they have given them, for the hard work and guidance they have provided, for their everlasting love, support, and encouragement. It is from them that they have learned the true meaning of love, friendship and family.

Ceremony

For XXX and XXX marriage is an affirmation of life, an undying commitment, a spiritual, emotional, and intellectual bond between two people. It is created from the purest of friendship, respect and love. The institution of marriage is not entered into lightly, because it symbolizes commitment on every level. Together you will continue to meet the challenges and obstacles of life head on.

Marriage is an adventure in the most intimate of human relationships. It is the mutual commitment of two people sincerely in love who share the same dreams about life. But more than that, it is the intimate sharing of two lives. It is a sharing that does not diminish but enhances the individuality of each partner.

The marriage between XXX and XXX does not mark the beginning of a new relationship; rather, it is an acknowledgement and celebration, of a relationship that has been flourishing since they met.

For XXX and XXX, love is the longing two people feel for one another. It is the need to share, in body and spirit, the warmth, serenity and peace two people can give to one another. A simple touch, a hand held at a time of uncertainty. This is what it means to be intimately human. It is the intention behind the kiss that says, “ Despite the vastness of this earth, despite the chaotic details that make up our lives, despite the hundreds of people we will meet in our travels, you are mine and I am yours forever.â€

Love is lifeâ€s highest emotion. It makes us less selfish, it makes our personalities grow, and it makes our lives more meaningful. It is caring about the welfare and happiness of your partner as your own. Love makes burdens lighter because you divide them. It makes joys more intense because you share them. And it makes you stronger so you can reach out and become involved with life in ways you dared not risk alone.

A successful relationship takes more than just love. It takes trust, to know in your hearts that you want only the best for each other. It takes dedication, to stay open to one another, to learn and grow, even when it is difficult to do so. And it takes faith, to go forward together without knowing what the future holds for you both.

You have chosen to walk through life together. There is no truer statement of love. The choice was not made by any one moment, but by being together you grew to realize that you belonged together and that you fulfilled each otherâ€s needs. You have come to thrive upon each otherâ€s presence, loyalty and wisdom. The foundation of your love is profound friendship. A friendship you have nurtured until at last you realized that you wanted to be together always. The commitment you make today will be the foundation on which you will build your life together.

HAND CEREMONY

As an expression that you are joined together in love - will you please hold up your hands and hold one another, so you may feel the gift that you are to each other.

These are the hands of your best friend, young and strong and full of love for you, that are holding yours on your wedding day as you promise to love each other today, tomorrow, and forever.
These are the hands that will work alongside yours as together you build your future.
These are the hands that will passionately love you and cherish you through the years, and with the slightest touch, will comfort you like no other.
These are the hands that will hold you when fear or grief fills your mind.
These are the hands that will wipe the tears from your eyes; tears of sorrow and tears of joy.
These are the hands that will give you strength when you need it.
These are the hands that will tenderly hold your children.
These are the hands that will help you to hold your family as one.
And lastly, these are the hands that even when wrinkled and aged will still be reaching for yours, still giving you the same unspoken tenderness with just a touch.

VOWS

Your wedding rings represent the unconditional love that you have for one another and are a symbol of the vows that you will make today. ____, take this ring, put it on ___'s finger and repeat after me:

I, __________, take you, ____________, to be my wife/husband,
my partner in life and my one true love.

I will cherish our friendship
and love you today, tomorrow, and forever.

I will trust you and respect you,
I will laugh with you and cry with you.

I will love you faithfully and unconditionally
through the best and the worst, the difficult and the easy.

Whatever may come, I promise I will always be there for you.

Closing:

XXX & XXX, remember to treat both yourself and each other with respect, and remind yourselves often of what brought you together. Give the highest priority to the tenderness, gentleness and kindness that your connection deserves. When frustration, difficulty or fear assail your relationship – as they threatened all relationships at one time or another – remember to focus on what is right between you. In this way, you can ride out the times when clouds hide the face of the sun in your lives – remembering that even if you lose sight of it for a moment, the sun is still there. And if each of you takes responsibility for the quality of your lives together, your life together will be marked by abundance and delight.

Give to one another new experiences of joy. Challenge one another so that you may grow. May the love you hold for each other, now sealed in marriage, continue to mature with the passing years. May you never take each other for granted, but always experience the wonder of your union. Be slow to anger, quick to forgive, leaving no tracks of resentment behind each day.

We who are present today, hope that the inspiration of this moment will never be forgotten. May all your days and years to come be filled with vision, joy and passion. May the love you now share continue to grow, and may the happiness you bring to each other be a continuing part of your life together. May you continue to laugh often and enjoy each other every day, steadfast in hope and confidence, believing in yourself and believing in each other. May your love be a sanctuary and a source from which you draw strength to live your lives with enthusiasm and imagination. May the people you touch in your lifetime know how much you love and care for one another and may you love one another forever.

With friends and family, along with the sun, the moon, and the sea, I have the pleasure of announcing you as husband and wife.

You may now kiss the groom!

• 1 month later...
Originally Posted by stacers28 View Post

Hello!

I was wondering if anyone had incorporated a "breaking of the glass" into their ceremony? I am trying to figure out how to word that.

We are doing 'breaking of the glass' at the end of the ceremony.  My fiance will bring our traditional TEXAS cowboy boot to do it. We are having an interfaith wedding!