Share your ceremony script!

Opening words of Officiant:

Officiant:  “Friends, we have been invited here today to share with Meitra and Jason a very important moment in their lives.  Since they met, their love and understanding of each other has grown and matured, and now they have decided to commit to one another to live their lives together as husband and wife.â€

The Giving in Marriage

Officiant:  “Who presents this woman to be married to this man?â€

Father of the bride: “Her Mother and I do.†  (Father of the bride sits down)

DEFINITION OF MARRIAGE

Officiant:  “In marriage, two people turn to each other in search of a greater fulfillment than either can achieve alone.  Marriage is a bold step, taken together, into an unknown future.  It is risking who we are for the sake of who we can be.  Only in giving ourselves fully, and sharing our lives with another, can the mysterious process of growth take place.  Two among us, who have stood apart, come together now, to declare their love and to be united in marriage.â€

Declaration of Consent:

Officiant:  “The covenant of marriage can only be entered into by those persons who are legally and spiritually free to offer their hand to another.  With this in mind, Meitra and Jason, I will now ask you to declare your intentions to each other.

Jason, do you take Meitra to be your wedded wife?  Do you promise to love her, comfort her, honor and respect her, and be faithful to her all the days of your life? 

Jason: “I do.â€

Officiant:  “And, Meitra, do you take Jason to be your wedded husband?  Do you promise to love him, comfort him, honor and respect him, and be faithful to him all the days of your life?

Meitra:“I do.â€

Officiant:  “Please face each other and join hands.â€

Opening reading:

Officiant:  “You have known each other from the first glance of acquaintance to this point of commitment.  At some point, you decided to marry.  From that moment of yes to this moment of yes, you have been making promises and agreements in an informal way.

All those conversations that were held while riding in a car or over a meal or during long walks -- all those sentences that began with "When we're married" and continued with "I will and you will and we will" -- those late night talks that included "someday" and "somehow" and "maybe" -- and all those promises that are unspoken matters of the heart.

All those common things, and more, are the real process of a wedding.  The symbolic vows that you are about to make are a way of saying to one another, "you know all those things we've promised and hoped and dreamed -- well, I meant it all, every word."

Look at one another and remember this moment in time.  Before this moment you have been many things to one another -- acquaintance, friend, companion, and fiancé.  Now you shall say a few words that take you across a threshold of life, and things will never quite be the same between you.  For after these vows, you shall say to the world, this is my husband, this is my wife.â€

WEDDING VOWS

Officiant:  “Jason you may now recite your vows to Meitra.†

(Jason recites his vows to Meitra)

Officiant:  “Meitra, you may recite your vows to Jason.â€

(Meitra recites her vows to Jason)

Commitment of family and friends:

Officiant:  “Now that you have heard Meitra and Jason recite their marriage vows, do you, their family and friends, promise from this day forward, to encourage them and love them, and to help guide and support them in keeping the promises they have made?† If you agree, please say, “We do.â€

SECOND READING

Officiant:  “Happiness in marriage is not something that just happens; a good marriage must be created.  And it is created in the following ways:

It is never being too old to hold hands.

It is remembering to say “I love you†at least once a day.

It is at no time taking the other for granted.

It is having a mutual sense of values and common objectives.

It is standing together facing life.

It is forming a circle of love that gathers in the whole family.

It is doing things for each other not in the attitude of duty or sacrifice, but in the spirit of joy.

It is speaking words of appreciation and demonstrating gratitude.

It is not looking for perfection in each other.

It is cultivating flexibility, patience, understanding, and a sense of humor.

It is having the capacity to forgive and forget.

It is giving each other an atmosphere in which each can grow.

It is a common search for the good and the beautiful.

It is establishing a relationship in which independence is equal, dependence is mutual, and obligation is reciprocal. 

It is not only marrying the right partner, it is being the right partner.â€

EXCHANGE OF RINGS

Officiant:  “Do you have the rings?†

Officiant:  “Jason, please place the ring on Meitraâ€s finger and repeat after me:  Meitra; With this ring I thee wed.  I pledge to you my love now and forever.â€

Officiant:  “Meitra, please place the ring on Jasonâ€s finger and repeat after me:  Jason; With this ring I thee wed.  I pledge to you my love now and forever.â€

CLOSING

Officiant:  “Today is a day you will always remember -- the greatest in anyone's life.  You started off the day just two people in love, and you will end it as husband and wife.  It's a brand new beginning, the start of a journey, with moments to cherish and treasure.

DECLARATION OF MARRIAGE

Officiant:  “Meitra and Jason, having witnessed your vows for marriage with all who are assembled here, and by the authority vested in me, I now pronounce you to be husband and wife!  You may kiss your bride."

INTRODUCTION OF NEWLYWEDS

Officiant:  “Family and friends, it is my pleasure to introduce to you for the first time, Mr. and Mrs. Jason Shepherdâ€

(The guests stand and applaud, as the couple then lead the recessional out.)

Opening Words

Dearly beloved, we are gathered here in the sight of God, and in the presence of this company, to unite Sarah Elizabeth Cox and William David Kimbro in holy matrimony. Marriage was ordained by God in Eden and confirmed in Cana of Galilee by the presence of the Lord Himself, and is declared by the inspired Apostle Paul to be honorable among all men. It is therefore, not to be entered into unadvisedly or lightly; but reverently, soberly and in the fear of God. It is fitting, therefore, that we should on this occasion begin by asking God's blessing on this marriage service. Let us pray.

Prayer

Heavenly Father, we gather to celebrate your gift of love, and its presence among us. We rejoice that these two people have chosen to commit themselves to a life of loving faithfulness to one another. We praise you, Lord, for the ways you have touched our lives with a variety of loving relationships, and we give thanks for Sarah & William and for the special love and friendship you have put in their hearts. Renew within us an affectionate and loving spirit. Enrich our lives with the gracious gift of your love so that we may embrace others with that same love. May our participation in this celebration of love and commitment, give to us a new joy and responsiveness to the relationships that we cherish. In your loving arms we pray, Amen.

Opening Reading: I Corinthians 13 4-8 & 13 (Read by my brother)

Love suffereth long, and is kind; love envieth not; love launteth not itself, is not puffed up. Doth not behave itself unseemly, seeketh no her own, is not easily provoked, thinketh no evil; Rejoiceth not in iniquity, but rejoiceth in the truth; Beareth all things, believeth all things, hopeth all things, endureth all things.  Love never faileth… And now abideth faith, hope, love, these three; but the greatest of these is love.

To the Congregation
Marriage is a joyous occasion. It is connected in our thoughts with the magic charm of home, and with all that is pleasant and attractive as being one of the most important events of our lives. It its sacredness and unity it is like the mystical relation between Christ and His Church and is therefore the most significant and binding covenant known in human relations.

From the Story of Creation in the book of Genesis: For God created man in His own image . . . then the Lord formed man of dust from the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living being . . then the Lord God said, "It is not good that the man should be alone; I will make a helper fit for him" . . . So the Lord God caused a deep sleep to fall upon the man, and while he slept took one of his ribs, and closed up its place with flesh. And the rib which the Lord God had taken from the man He made into a woman and brought her to the man. Then the man said, "This at last is bone of my bones and flesh of my flesh: she shall be called Woman, because she was taken out of Man." Therefore a man leaves his father and his mother and cleaves to his wife, and they become one flesh.

The Apostle Paul speaks a great deal about marriage in the New Testament and the focus of his message is the both the husband and wife have to concentrate on what is best for their partner. Sacrificial love is his theme and that means putting your spouse first in all that you do!

To the Bride and Groom
It is your duty, William, to be to Sarah, a considerate, tender, faithful, loving husband: to support, guide and cherish her in prosperity and trouble; to thoughtfully and carefully enlarge the place she holds in your life; to constantly show to her the tokens of your affection, to shelter her from danger, and to love her with an unchangeable love, which is the  command of God's Word, that husbands love their wives, even as Christ loved the Church and gave His own life for her.

It is your duty, Sarah, to be to William, a considerate, tender, faithful, loving wife; to counsel, comfort and cherish him in prosperity and trouble; to give to him the unfailing evidences of your affection; to work at making the place he holds in your heart, broader and deeper; to respect him, cherish him and work with him to make your marriage the very best that it can be.

Let me charge you both to remember, that your future
happiness is to be found in mutual consideration, patience, kindness, confidence, and affection. It is the duty of each to find the greatest joy in the company of the other; to remember that your love that you pledge today needs to be undivided as long as you both shall live.

Second Reading read by Billyâ€s sister

"The Art of a Good Marriage" – by Wilfred Peterson

Happiness in marriage is not something that just happens.
A good marriage must be created.
In marriage the little things are the big things.
It is remembering to say "I love you" at least once a day.
It is never going to sleep angry.
It is at no time taking the other for granted;
the courtship should not end
with the honeymoon, it should continue through the years.
It is standing together facing the world.
It is forming a circle of love that gathers the whole family.
It is doing things for each other, not in the attitude of duty or sacrifice,
but in the spirit of joy. It is speaking words of appreciation
and demonstrating gratitude in thoughtful ways.
It is cultivating flexibility, patience,
understanding and a sense of humor.
It is giving each other an atmosphere in which each can grow old.
It is establishing a relationship in which the independence is equal,
dependence is mutual and the obligation is reciprocal.
It is not only marrying the right partner, it is being the right partner.

Wedding Vows
If you are ready to assume the obligations and duties before God, as I have defined them, you will unite your hands and pledge your love and your lives to each other.

Officiate -- Do you, William David Kimbro, standing in the presence of God and these witnesses, solemnly pledge your faith and love to Sarah Elizabeth Cox? Do you promise to live with her according to God's ordinance in the holy estate of matrimony; do you promise to love her, comfort her, honor, and keep her, in sickness and in health, and forsaking all others, keep yourself only unto her, and through God's grace to promise to be to her a faithful and devoted husband as long as you both shall live?
Groom -- I do.

Do you, Sarah Elizabeth Cox, standing in the presence of God and these witnesses, solemnly pledge your faith and love to William David Kimbro? Do you promise to live with him according to God's ordinance in the holy estate of matrimony; do you promise to love him, comfort him, honor, and keep him, in sickness and in health, and forsaking all others, keep yourself only unto him, and through God's grace to promise to be to him a faithful and devoted wife as long as you both shall live?

Bride:  I do.

"THESE ARE THE HANDS" –author unknown

These are the hands of your best friend, young and strong and full of love for you.

These are the hands that are holding yours on your wedding day as you promise to love each other today, tomorrow, and forever. 

These are the hands that will work along side yours as together you build your future. 

These are the hands that will passionately love you and cherish you through the years and with the slightest touch will comfort you like no other. 

These are the hands that will hold you when fear or grief wracks your mind. 

These are hands that will countless times wipe tears from your eyes, tears of joy, and tears of sorrow. 

These are the hands that will tenderly hold your children. 

These are the hands that will help hold your family together as one. 

These are hands that will give you strength when you need it. 

These are the hands that even when wrinkled with age will still be reaching for yours, still giving the same unspoken tenderness with just a touch.

These are the hands.

RING EXCHANGE

Officiate to William, do you have a token of your love for Sarah?

Groom- I do (Best man gives ring to Pastor York)

The wedding ring is the outward and the visible sign of an inward and spiritual bond which unites two hearts in endless love. The circle, the emblem of eternity; the gold, the type of what is least tarnished and most enduring--it is to show how lasting and imperishable is the faith now pledged. Let the ring, a fit token of that which is unending, continue to be to you both a symbol of the value, the purity, and the constancy of true wedded love, and the seal of the vows in which you have both pledged your most solemn and sacred honor

- William - please repeat after me:

I, William David Kimbro, take you, Sarah Elizabeth Cox, to be my wife.
To have and to hold,
in sickness and in health,
for richer or for poorer,
and I promise my love to you forevermore.

Officiate to Sarah, do you have a token of your love for William?

Bride- I do

- , please repeat after me:

I, Sarah Elizabeth Cox, take you William David Kimbro, to be my husband.
To have and to hold,

Community Vow of Support

Now that you have heard William & Sarah recite their marriage vows, do you, their family and friends, promise from this day forward, to encourage them and love them, and to help guide and support them in being steadfast in the promises they have made?†If you agree, please say, “We do.â€

Unity Sand Ceremony)

There is a song that speaks of "a long and winding road" and before you met, your lives were on such a road... each going in different directions and seemingly leading to different destinations. But somewhere along the way you took a fork in the road to a destination called "love" and today you find yourselves standing together at the entrance of a new path that will join your once separate journeys into one.

These two containers of sand represent your different lives.. Each container represents the separate journeys you once were on. They also represent your own sets of friends and families that once were apart. I will ask that in a moment you both blend your individual container of sand together... representing the coming together of your friends and family, through your marriage, into one. And as the sand is blended into one container, your once solitary journeys will now be one of companionship, as you walk a single path together into your future.
I now ask that you blend your containers of sand together.

The couple picks up their individual containers of sand and blends them together.

As the sand has blended together, your lives are now joined. Your friends and family are as one as well, for now you will share those who are in your lives
and will walk hand-in-hand along the path of your marriage -
united and strong as husband and wife. Just as this sand can never be separated again, so shall your lives together be.

Wedding Blessing

Bless this marriage, O God, as William & Sarah begin their journey down the road of life together.

We don't know what lies ahead for the road turns and bends. But help them to make the best of whatever comes their way.

Help them to hug each other often...laugh a lot, talk more, and argue less.

Help them to continue to enjoy each other as they did when they first met.

Help them to realize that no one is perfect and to look for the good in all things and all people including themselves.

Help them to respect each other's likes and dislikes, opinion and beliefs, hopes and dreams and fears even though they may not always understand them.

Help them to learn from each other and to help each other to grow mentally, emotionally, and spiritually.

Help them to realize that there is design and purpose in their lives as in the world and no matter what happens to them they will hold on to each other and know that things have a way of working out for the good.

Help them to create for their children a peaceful, stable home of love as a foundation on which they can build their lives.

But most of all, dear God, help them to keep lit the torch of love that they now share in their hearts so that by their loving example they may pass on the light of love to their children and to their children's children forever. Amen

Sign marriage certificate

Pronouncement
By the authority committed unto me as a Minister of the Gospel of the Church of Christ, I declare that William David Kimbro & Sarah Elizabeth Cox are now husband and wife, according to the ordinance of God. You may seal your marriage with a kiss. We ask Godâ€s blessing on William & Sarah as they start their lives together.

Charge to newlyweds
William & Sarah, may the Lord bless you and keep you in every area of your lives. You are blessed to have found each other and our prayer is that your love will grow and mature over the years.

Friends and family, itâ€s a pleasure for me to present to you this new husband and wife, Mr. and Mrs. William & Sarah Kimbro.

May God bless you always.

Very nice, esp the poem re marriage!

Originally Posted by islandbride8 View Post

Opening Words

Dearly beloved, we are gathered here in the sight of God, and in the presence of this company, to unite Sarah Elizabeth Cox and William David Kimbro in holy matrimony. Marriage was ordained by God in Eden and confirmed in Cana of Galilee by the presence of the Lord Himself, and is declared by the inspired Apostle Paul to be honorable among all men. It is therefore, not to be entered into unadvisedly or lightly; but reverently, soberly and in the fear of God. It is fitting, therefore, that we should on this occasion begin by asking God's blessing on this marriage service. Let us pray.

Prayer

Heavenly Father, we gather to celebrate your gift of love, and its presence among us. We rejoice that these two people have chosen to commit themselves to a life of loving faithfulness to one another. We praise you, Lord, for the ways you have touched our lives with a variety of loving relationships, and we give thanks for Sarah & William and for the special love and friendship you have put in their hearts. Renew within us an affectionate and loving spirit. Enrich our lives with the gracious gift of your love so that we may embrace others with that same love. May our participation in this celebration of love and commitment, give to us a new joy and responsiveness to the relationships that we cherish. In your loving arms we pray, Amen.

Opening Reading: I Corinthians 13 4-8 & 13 (Read by my brother)

Love suffereth long, and is kind; love envieth not; love launteth not itself, is not puffed up. Doth not behave itself unseemly, seeketh no her own, is not easily provoked, thinketh no evil; Rejoiceth not in iniquity, but rejoiceth in the truth; Beareth all things, believeth all things, hopeth all things, endureth all things.  Love never faileth… And now abideth faith, hope, love, these three; but the greatest of these is love.

To the Congregation
Marriage is a joyous occasion. It is connected in our thoughts with the magic charm of home, and with all that is pleasant and attractive as being one of the most important events of our lives. It its sacredness and unity it is like the mystical relation between Christ and His Church and is therefore the most significant and binding covenant known in human relations.

From the Story of Creation in the book of Genesis: For God created man in His own image . . . then the Lord formed man of dust from the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living being . . then the Lord God said, "It is not good that the man should be alone; I will make a helper fit for him" . . . So the Lord God caused a deep sleep to fall upon the man, and while he slept took one of his ribs, and closed up its place with flesh. And the rib which the Lord God had taken from the man He made into a woman and brought her to the man. Then the man said, "This at last is bone of my bones and flesh of my flesh: she shall be called Woman, because she was taken out of Man." Therefore a man leaves his father and his mother and cleaves to his wife, and they become one flesh.

The Apostle Paul speaks a great deal about marriage in the New Testament and the focus of his message is the both the husband and wife have to concentrate on what is best for their partner. Sacrificial love is his theme and that means putting your spouse first in all that you do!

To the Bride and Groom
It is your duty, William, to be to Sarah, a considerate, tender, faithful, loving husband: to support, guide and cherish her in prosperity and trouble; to thoughtfully and carefully enlarge the place she holds in your life; to constantly show to her the tokens of your affection, to shelter her from danger, and to love her with an unchangeable love, which is the  command of God's Word, that husbands love their wives, even as Christ loved the Church and gave His own life for her.

It is your duty, Sarah, to be to William, a considerate, tender, faithful, loving wife; to counsel, comfort and cherish him in prosperity and trouble; to give to him the unfailing evidences of your affection; to work at making the place he holds in your heart, broader and deeper; to respect him, cherish him and work with him to make your marriage the very best that it can be.

Let me charge you both to remember, that your future
happiness is to be found in mutual consideration, patience, kindness, confidence, and affection. It is the duty of each to find the greatest joy in the company of the other; to remember that your love that you pledge today needs to be undivided as long as you both shall live.

Second Reading read by Billyâ€s sister

"The Art of a Good Marriage" – by Wilfred Peterson

Happiness in marriage is not something that just happens.
A good marriage must be created.
In marriage the little things are the big things.
It is remembering to say "I love you" at least once a day.
It is never going to sleep angry.
It is at no time taking the other for granted;
the courtship should not end
with the honeymoon, it should continue through the years.
It is standing together facing the world.
It is forming a circle of love that gathers the whole family.
It is doing things for each other, not in the attitude of duty or sacrifice,
but in the spirit of joy. It is speaking words of appreciation
and demonstrating gratitude in thoughtful ways.
It is cultivating flexibility, patience,
understanding and a sense of humor.
It is giving each other an atmosphere in which each can grow old.
It is establishing a relationship in which the independence is equal,
dependence is mutual and the obligation is reciprocal.
It is not only marrying the right partner, it is being the right partner.

Wedding Vows
If you are ready to assume the obligations and duties before God, as I have defined them, you will unite your hands and pledge your love and your lives to each other.

Officiate -- Do you, William David Kimbro, standing in the presence of God and these witnesses, solemnly pledge your faith and love to Sarah Elizabeth Cox? Do you promise to live with her according to God's ordinance in the holy estate of matrimony; do you promise to love her, comfort her, honor, and keep her, in sickness and in health, and forsaking all others, keep yourself only unto her, and through God's grace to promise to be to her a faithful and devoted husband as long as you both shall live?
Groom -- I do.

Do you, Sarah Elizabeth Cox, standing in the presence of God and these witnesses, solemnly pledge your faith and love to William David Kimbro? Do you promise to live with him according to God's ordinance in the holy estate of matrimony; do you promise to love him, comfort him, honor, and keep him, in sickness and in health, and forsaking all others, keep yourself only unto him, and through God's grace to promise to be to him a faithful and devoted wife as long as you both shall live?

Bride:  I do.

"THESE ARE THE HANDS" –author unknown

These are the hands of your best friend, young and strong and full of love for you.

These are the hands that are holding yours on your wedding day as you promise to love each other today, tomorrow, and forever. 

These are the hands that will work along side yours as together you build your future. 

These are the hands that will passionately love you and cherish you through the years and with the slightest touch will comfort you like no other. 

These are the hands that will hold you when fear or grief wracks your mind. 

These are hands that will countless times wipe tears from your eyes, tears of joy, and tears of sorrow. 

These are the hands that will tenderly hold your children. 

These are the hands that will help hold your family together as one. 

These are hands that will give you strength when you need it. 

These are the hands that even when wrinkled with age will still be reaching for yours, still giving the same unspoken tenderness with just a touch.

These are the hands.

RING EXCHANGE

Officiate to William, do you have a token of your love for Sarah?

Groom- I do (Best man gives ring to Pastor York)

The wedding ring is the outward and the visible sign of an inward and spiritual bond which unites two hearts in endless love. The circle, the emblem of eternity; the gold, the type of what is least tarnished and most enduring--it is to show how lasting and imperishable is the faith now pledged. Let the ring, a fit token of that which is unending, continue to be to you both a symbol of the value, the purity, and the constancy of true wedded love, and the seal of the vows in which you have both pledged your most solemn and sacred honor

- William - please repeat after me:

I, William David Kimbro, take you, Sarah Elizabeth Cox, to be my wife.
To have and to hold,

Officiate to Sarah, do you have a token of your love for William?

Bride- I do

- , please repeat after me:

I, Sarah Elizabeth Cox, take you William David Kimbro, to be my husband.
To have and to hold,

Community Vow of Support

Now that you have heard William & Sarah recite their marriage vows, do you, their family and friends, promise from this day forward, to encourage them and love them, and to help guide and support them in being steadfast in the promises they have made?†If you agree, please say, “We do.â€

Unity Sand Ceremony)

There is a song that speaks of "a long and winding road" and before you met, your lives were on such a road... each going in different directions and seemingly leading to different destinations. But somewhere along the way you took a fork in the road to a destination called "love" and today you find yourselves standing together at the entrance of a new path that will join your once separate journeys into one.

These two containers of sand represent your different lives.. Each container represents the separate journeys you once were on. They also represent your own sets of friends and families that once were apart. I will ask that in a moment you both blend your individual container of sand together... representing the coming together of your friends and family, through your marriage, into one. And as the sand is blended into one container, your once solitary journeys will now be one of companionship, as you walk a single path together into your future.
I now ask that you blend your containers of sand together.

The couple picks up their individual containers of sand and blends them together.

As the sand has blended together, your lives are now joined. Your friends and family are as one as well, for now you will share those who are in your lives
and will walk hand-in-hand along the path of your marriage -
united and strong as husband and wife. Just as this sand can never be separated again, so shall your lives together be.

Wedding Blessing

Bless this marriage, O God, as William & Sarah begin their journey down the road of life together.

We don't know what lies ahead for the road turns and bends. But help them to make the best of whatever comes their way.

Help them to hug each other often...laugh a lot, talk more, and argue less.

Help them to continue to enjoy each other as they did when they first met.

Help them to realize that no one is perfect and to look for the good in all things and all people including themselves.

Help them to respect each other's likes and dislikes, opinion and beliefs, hopes and dreams and fears even though they may not always understand them.

Help them to learn from each other and to help each other to grow mentally, emotionally, and spiritually.

Help them to realize that there is design and purpose in their lives as in the world and no matter what happens to them they will hold on to each other and know that things have a way of working out for the good.

Help them to create for their children a peaceful, stable home of love as a foundation on which they can build their lives.

But most of all, dear God, help them to keep lit the torch of love that they now share in their hearts so that by their loving example they may pass on the light of love to their children and to their children's children forever. Amen

Sign marriage certificate

Pronouncement
By the authority committed unto me as a Minister of the Gospel of the Church of Christ, I declare that William David Kimbro & Sarah Elizabeth Cox are now husband and wife, according to the ordinance of God. You may seal your marriage with a kiss. We ask Godâ€s blessing on William & Sarah as they start their lives together.

Charge to newlyweds
William & Sarah, may the Lord bless you and keep you in every area of your lives. You are blessed to have found each other and our prayer is that your love will grow and mature over the years.

Friends and family, itâ€s a pleasure for me to present to you this new husband and wife, Mr. and Mrs. William & Sarah Kimbro.

May God bless you always.

Thank you to all who have posted!  I just sat here and read through all of the pages as my FI snores beside me.  His Uncle will be the officiant of the ceremony and we are doing the legal ceremony prior.  I am very thankful to have a future family member be such a big part of our special day.  My FI will be so excited in the morning to see we have something to start from!  THanks again.

Just wanted to share some info I recieved from my WC.  We are having a legal marriage in Mexico and I was told that we are not able to alter what the judge says in any way.  If we want to add other elements such as all these wonderful ideas on this thread - we have to have someone else speak after the legal ceremony.  Please let me know if anyone has been told anything different!!

Originally Posted by hutchets View Post

This has helped so much.  I will have to keep looking for ways to include the children into the wedding though.  Thanks for starting this thread!

I think a great place to add something would be for the sand ceremony (if you like that idea) your children could pour some sand into the main jar.  Or you could get them a piece of jewerly and present it to them when you exchange rings.  I'm sure you can find some other ideas on here, it seems like everything's been discussed on here at some point!  happy planning