Share your ceremony script!

before reading this script, let me give credit to the BDW and one  particular PW brides, because that's where this was pieced together from. Thank you ladies!

Ceremony Script

WELCOME AND INVITATION

Rev. James: “We gather here today, in joy, to witness and celebrate an act of love and friendship. XXX and XXX, in their devotion and respect for each other, wish to unite in the holy bond of marriage, and to dedicate themselves to each other. Though this is not a church, I remind you that it is nonetheless sacred ground. Sacred because of its location here in the temple of sand and ocean, and sacred because of what is about to take place here. For that which passes between loving people is eternally holy.

XXX and XXX are filled with gratitude to each and every one of you here today for the love, friendship, and support that you have given them throughout their lives, and they would like to thank you for making the effort to be here today. You all are a very important part of who they are, each of you holds a special place in their hearts, and they would not have wanted to make this important commitment without your being here to share it with them. “

Vows of Support

(Rev. James calls both sets of parents forward)

Reverend James: “To the parents of XXX and XXX, although they have embarked on this marriage through personal choice, their marriage will be enriched by the families from which they come.

With this in mind, I ask you, XXX and XXX, to take this man, XXX, into your hearts, that he might live from this day as your son, for he is dear and beloved to XXX and XXX and shall be so to you and your family.  If so, answer, We do.â€

XXXâ€s parents– “We doâ€

Rev.James: â€And to you, XXX and XXX, I ask the same, that you take this woman, XXX, into your hearts, that she might live from this day as your daughter, for she is dear and beloved to XXX and XXX, and shall be so to you and your family.  If so, answer, We do.â€

XXXâ€s Parents– “We Do.â€

(Both bride and groom hug new family)

(Parents stand next to 'new' child and join hand -- everyone facing guests)

Rev. James: “Two people in love do not live in isolation. The love between XXX and XXX is a source of strength to each other and to the community around them. In turn, their community has a responsibility to support them. Do you, who are present here today, promise to surround XXX and XXX in love, offering them celebration in times of joy and support in times of concern? If so, answer we do.â€

Guests: “We do.â€

(Mothers take the white sand and pour a small amount into larger sand container)

(Parents return to their seats AND Bride and Groom remain facing guests. Rev. James  walks around, turns his back to audience and faces Bride and Groom)

ACKNOWLEGEMENTS

Rev. James: “There are many special people who are unable to be here with us today. Let us call them forward in our hearts and remember them at this time. Letâ€s take a quiet minute to reflect.â€

FOUNDATION

Rev. James: “XXX and XXX, no ceremony can create your marriage. Only you can do that - through love, patience, dedication, perseverance - through talking and listening and trying to understand - through helping and supporting and believing in each other -  through learning to forgive, respect and appreciate your differences, and learning to make the important things matter and to let go of the rest. Remember your relationship is alive and ever-changing. How you regard each other will determine the strength of your union.  It is your creation together, your sacred responsibility. Do not just be married or in love; but let your marriage be an active process of showing your love to each other.                                            

May you always honor the sanctity of your union, your love and respect for one another and thus be blessed throughout your days together as husband and wife.

We will now have a reading from “

I Corinthians 13

“4Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. 5It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. 6Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. 7It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.â€

THE MARRIAGE

Rev. James: If you are now ready to join your lives in this union of marriage, please face each other now and join hands. XXX and XXX  have written their own vows

EXCHANGE OF VOWS

XXX and XXX say their vows

EXCHANGE OF RINGS

Get the rings from ring bowl

Rec. James: “XXX, please place the ring on XXXâ€s finger and repeat after me: “

“Today, I, XXX, choose you, XXX, to be my wife. 

This ring is a symbol of my unending devotion to you.  

I promise to encourage and comfort you, and to always be by your side through our lifeâ€s journey

I promise to support you when life seems easy and when it seems hard;  

I promise to be faithful to you, and to always hold you in the highest regard.  

You are my best friend and the one I choose to spend my life with from this day forward.

With this ring, I gladly marry you and join my life to yours.†

Rev. James:†XXX, please place the ring on XXXâ€s finger and repeat after me:â€

“Today, I, XXX, choose you, XXX, to be my husband. 

This ring is a symbol of my unending devotion to you.  

I promise to encourage and comfort you, and to always be by your side through our lifeâ€s journey

I promise to love and support you when life seems easy and when it seems hard;  

I promise to be faithful to you, and to always hold you in the highest regard.  

You are my best friend and the one I choose to spend my life with from this day forward.

With this ring, I gladly marry you and join my life to yours.â€

SAND CEREMONY

Rev. James: “Love is the eternal force of life. Love is the force that allows us to face fear and uncertainty with courage. But although you will be sharing one life, never forget that you are also two separate people. Cherish and affirm your differences. Love each other. Keep your commitment primary. Together you will laugh and cry, be sick and well, be happy and angry, share and grow, sometimes together, sometimes separately.

XXXâ€s and XXXâ€s mothers have already poured sand into the vase to represent the support of the individual families; now XXX and XXX will  pour separate containers of sand into the vase. XXX and XXX, these containers of sand symbolize your individual spirits. As you each hold your separate containers of sand know that this represent your lives to this moment; individual and unique.â€

(XXX begin pouring a little of the sand, then XXX pours-then pause)

“XXX, (sand color) represents who you were as an individual and your maternal/paternal family namesancestors; XXX, (sand color) represents who you were as an individual and your maternal/paternalfamily namesancestors,â€

(Begin pouring remainder of sand together)

But, as you now combine your sand together, note that the individual containers of sand no longer exist, but are now joined together as one. It is virtually impossible to separate who poured which sand into the container, so should your marriage be, inseparable. May this marriage and family be harmonious and blessed from this day forward.

PRAYER

Rev. James: “Let us pray

Bless this marriage, as XXX and XXX begin their journey down the road of life together. May they respect each other's likes and dislikes, opinions and beliefs, hopes and dreams, and fears, even though they may not always understand.  May they rest in the knowledge that no matter what happens, by relying on each other, things will work out for the best.  Most of all, dear God, bless and protect them as they embark on lifeâ€s journey together.â€

“Amenâ€

CLOSING WORDS 
Rev. James: “As we prepare to end the ceremony let us hold in our hearts the joy and love we have shared with XXX and XXX here today.  Let us take a bit of this love to the rest of the world and let it rekindle the flames that are held within our own hearts. â€œ

DECLARATION OF MARRIAGE

Rev. James:“Now for as much as you, XXX, and you, XXX, have indicated your desire to be united in marriage, and before God, and these witnesses have pledged your love to each other, by the authority of the laws of (Negril, Jamaica?) itâ€s my honor and my delight to pronounce that you are husband and wife. XXX, you may now kiss your bride. “

(XXX and XXX kiss)  

(XXX and XXX turn and face their guest)  

INTRODUCTION OF NEWLYWEDS

Rev. James: “Ladies and gentlemen, it is my pleasure to present to you: XXX and XXX as husband and wife.â€

XXX and XXX jump the broom and leave

Rev. James: “XXX and XXX invite you to enjoy cocktails. They will be joining you shortly after taking a few pictures.†

“Thank you. “

Wording from PW jasminealaine with changes/editing  made by DMOB

• 1 month later...

Ladies, how does it usually work? Will I get a prelim script from my WC then I can chop/add to it to how I want or should I research and send my script to the WC first.

Either way I'll end up with bits and pieces from alot of sources, including this thread. Thanks

• 4 weeks later...

Welcome   On behalf of Austin and Brienna, I welcome you and thank you all for gathering here on this beautiful day to witness their marriage ceremony. The fact that you all have traveled such a great distance to be here today is a testament to the amazing amount of love and support they have. All of you have given them much happiness, love, warmth, and guidance through the various stages of their lives. They would like to sincerely thank you all for being here to celebrate their big day. A special and respectful acknowledgement must also be made to those friends and family members who were unable to attend, or have passed on, but whose spirit remains alive and strong in all our hearts.   Austin and Brienna, you are here today surrounded by friends and family. Some people here have known you your entire lives and some for only a few years, but no matter how long or in what circumstances they know you, I can guarantee that everyone here knows what remarkable individuals and what an amazing couple you are.    You have chosen to walk through life together. There is no truer statement of love. Before this moment you have been many things to one another- best friend, companion, lover, partner, and even teacher, for you have learned much from one another over the years. Soon you shall say a few words that take you across a threshold of life, and things will never quite be the same between you. For after your vows, you shall say to the world, this- is my husband, this- is my wife.   Hand Ceremony   As an expression that you are joined together in love - will you please hold up your hands and hold one another, so you may feel the gift that you are to each other.    These are the hands of your best friend, young and strong and full of love for you, that are holding yours on your wedding day as you promise to love each other today, tomorrow, and forever. These are the hands that will work alongside yours as together you build your future. These are the hands that will hold you when fear or grief fills your mind. These are the hands that will wipe the tears from your eyes; tears of sorrow and tears of joy. These are the hands that will give you strength when you need it. These are the hands that will tenderly hold your children. These are the hands that will help you to hold your family as one. And lastly, these are the hands that even when wrinkled and aged will still be reaching for yours, still giving you the same unspoken tenderness with just a touch.     BRIENNA, WILL YOU LOOK INTO AUSTIN'S EYES AND INTO HIS HEART, AND NOW SAY YOUR VOWS.   I, Brienna, take you, Austin, to be my husband,  my best friend, partner in life and my one true love. I love you, Not only for what You have made of yourself, But for what You are making of me.     With this ring, I give you my heart.  I trust you and respect you,  I will continue to laugh with you and cry with you. With this ring, I pledge my life and my love to you.  From this day forward I will be proud to be your wife and your best friend.     Austin, if you accept please say I do…   The wedding ring, is a symbol of the unbroken circle of love as it has neither a beginning nor an end. It should always remind those who wear it of the sacredness of marriage and the love that feeds it.      AUSTIN , WILL YOU LOOK INTO BRIENNAâ€S EYES AND INTO HER HEART, AND NOW SAY YOUR VOWS.   I, Austin, take you, Brienna, to be my wife,  my best friend, partner in life and my one true love. I love you  Not only for who you are , But who I am when I am with you.   With this ring, I give you my heart.  I trust you and respect you,  I will continue to laugh with you and cry with you. With this ring, I pledge my life and my love to you. Forever Faithful   Brienna, if you accept please say I do…       Sand and Shell Ceremony   When you arrived at the ceremony today you were asked to place a shell into the jar on the table. We will now have the parents come up and add their shells to the jar. (Austin and Brienna hug their parents)  This jar symbolizes the foundation of family and friends in Brienna and Austinâ€s life. They will now be adding sand from two containers, one represents you, Austin, and you, Brienna, as an individual, and all that you were, all that you are, and all that you will ever be. As these two containers of sand are poured into the third container, they will build upon the foundation that was begun, and the individual containers of sand will no longer exist, but will be joined together as one. Just as these grains of sand can never be separated and poured again back into the individual containers, so your marriage will be also.   Closing:   Austin and Brienna , now you will feel no rain, for each of you will be shelter for the other. Now you will feel no cold, for each of you will be warmth to the other. Now there will be no loneliness, for each of you will be companion to the other. Now you are two persons, but there is only one life before you. May beauty surround you both in the journey ahead and through all the years. May happiness be your companion and your days together be good and long upon the earth. Give to one another new experiences of joy. Challenge one another so that you may grow. May the love you hold for each other, now sealed in marriage, continue to mature with the passing years. May you never take each other for granted, but always experience the wonder of your union. May the people you touch in your lifetime know how much you love and care for one another and may you love one another forever.   With friends and family, along with the sun, the sand, and the sea, I have the pleasure to present to you for the very first time… Mr. and Mrs. Austin Bruggeman      You may now kiss the bride!

• 2 weeks later...