Share your ceremony script!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dianep View Post
ooh, i didn't think about who would be carrying the rings! we don't have any attendants or a ring bearer (it's a pretty small deal). maybe i should have my mom (our officiant) carry them?
or, we'll have an altar table, so maybe they could just be waiting there (under watchful eye, of course)?
i honestly wouldnt leave them on the table even with someone in charge of watching them...everyone will be talking with each other and so excited waiting to see you that they might not pay complete attention. I'd have your mom or FI carry them :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by carolina24 View Post
i honestly wouldnt leave them on the table even with someone in charge of watching them...everyone will be talking with each other and so excited waiting to see you that they might not pay complete attention. I'd have your mom or FI carry them :)
I definitely wouldn't leave our rings sitting on a table. We're having our best man carry them in his pocket and then he'll pass them to us when it's time.

Okay, so I copy and pasted what I liked and changed a few things around in regards to the order but FI looked at it this morning and loved it!

We were already legally married this week so we want to include a bit more religion into our ceremony. Not sure what our minister might want to add to it but I'd rather go in having something just in case.

I think this might run about 20 minutes but we want to have a memorable ceremony!

Chin and Cathy

July 29, 2010

Opening

We are here today to participate in a most joyous occasion; to celebrate one of the greatest moments in life, by acknowledging the wedding of Chin and Cathy.

Who gives this woman to be married to this man?

Hector says: Her mother and I do.

On behalf of Chin and Cathy I welcome you and thank you all for gathering here on this beautiful day to witness their marriage ceremony. The fact that you all have traveled such a great distance to be here today is a testament to the amazing amount of love and support they have. Many of you have given them much happiness, love, warmth, and guidance through the various stages of their lives. They would like to sincerely thank you all for being here to celebrate their big day. A special and respectful acknowledgement must also be made to those friends and family members who were unable to attend, or have passed on, but whose spirit remains alive and strong in all our hearts.

I have also been asked by Chin and Cathy to thank their parents for the wonderful lives that they have been given, for the hard work and guidance they have provided, for their everlasting love, support, and encouragement. It is from them that they have learned the true meaning of love, friendship and family.

And now we honor your parents and ask for their support…

As our sons and daughters find partners and find homes for the next generation, each family is enriched and enlarged. Would the parents of the bride and groom please stand?

This occasion is a special celebration for you, the parents who have brought these children into the world, and nurtured them into adulthood. Today you are witnessing another stage in the lives of your son and daughter. Your continuing support and encouragement will be needed as Chin and Cathy unite in marriage.

Will you who have loved and nurtured these two, try with the greatest love and wisdom you have, to support this new couple and help in every way? If so, please say “We Will.”

Parents: We Will.

This beautiful setting should remind us that, like the ocean, human life is an ebb and flow- The life of the spirit and emotions- moves in cycles. To be in a relationship does not guarantee an eternal summer. To make a sincere and honest commitment does not promise, an end to all struggle. What a good relationship does offer, much like this ocean, is the opportunity for renewal. It recognizes the abiding, shared hope that after every fall and winter, spring and summer will come again.

Ceremony

The bible tells us

When God controls our lives, he will produce this kind of fruit in us: joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness

and self control. Galatians 5:22-23

As God guides Chin and Cathy’s journey toward marriage and we witness it, let us wish their relationship will exhibit the same qualities. Please join me in a responsive reading of I Corinthians chapter 13 verse 4 - 8 found in your program.

Love is patient, love is kind

It does not envy, it does not boast

it is not proud, it is not rude

it is not self-seeking

it is not easily angered

it keeps no record of wrongs

Love does not delight in evil

but rejoices in the truth

it always protects, always trusts

always hopes, always perseveres

Love never fails

Love, Joy, Understanding, Friendship, Courage...

In joining your lives may God grant you both...

Love... to afford each other a special quality of time together.

Joy...in the accomplishments of one another.

Understanding...that your interests and desires will not always be the same.

Friendship...based on mutual trust.

Courage...to speak of a misunderstanding and to work on a solution before the setting of the sun.

Compassion...to comfort each other in pain and sorrow.

Foresight...to realize rainbows follow rainy days.

Imagination...to keep with you part of the child you used to be.

Mirth...from your sense of humor.

Awareness...to live each day with the knowledge

that there is no promise of tomorrow.

May God bless you and keep you in the Palm of His hand.

The marriage between Chin and Cathy does not mark the beginning of a new relationship; rather, it is an acknowledgement and celebration, of a relationship that has been flourishing since they met over 15 years ago.

Marriage has been described as living in love with your best friend. Love is one of the few constants in the universe. It is reality, affinity, and communication. Only love is capable of joining living beings by their deepest essence, uniting, completing, and fulfilling them.

You have chosen to walk through life together. There is no truer statement of love. The choice was not made by any one moment, but by being together you grew to realize that you belonged together and that you fulfilled each other’s needs. You have come to thrive upon each other’s presence, loyalty and wisdom. The foundation of your love is profound friendship. A friendship you have nurtured until at last you realized that you wanted to be together always. The commitment you make today will be the foundation on which you will build your life together.

Chin and Cathy would you please face each other and join your hands.

Blessing of the Hands

Cathy, please hold Chin’s hands palms up, so you may see the gift that they are to you.

These are the hands of your best friend, young and strong and vibrant with love, that are holding yours on your wedding day, as he promises to passionately love you and cherish you through the years, for a lifetime of happiness.

These are the hands that will work along side yours, as together you build your future, as you laugh and cry, as you share your innermost secrets and dreams.

These are the hands that will countless times wipe the tears from your eyes: tears of sorrow and tears of joy.

These are the hands that will massage tension from you neck and back in the evenings after you’ve both had a long hard day.

These are the hands that will comfort you in illness, and hold you when fear or grief engulfs your heart.

And these are the hands that when wrinkled and aged will still be reaching for yours, still giving you the same unspoken tenderness with just a touch.

Chin would you please hold Cathy’s hands palms up so you may see the gift that they are to you.

These are the hands of your best friend, smooth, young and carefree, that are holding yours on your wedding day, as she promises to passionately love you and cherish you through the years, for a lifetime of happiness.

These are the hands that will hold you in joy, excitement and hope each time she tells you that you are to have another child; that together you have created new life.

These are the hands that will hold you tight as you struggle through difficult times.

These are the hands that will comfort you when you are sick, or console you when you are grieving.

And these are the hands that will give you support as she encourages you to chase down your dreams. Together as a team, everything you wish for can be realized.

Our prayer for you today is that both of you will use these hands to build a marriage where all your dreams come true

Vows

Chin, do you take this woman to be your wife, and do you pledge your faithfulness to her, in all love and honor, in all duty and service, in all faith and tenderness, to live with her, and cherish her, according to the ordinance of God, in the holy bond of marriage?

--I DO!

Chin, as I say these words, would you please repeat after me…

I love you, Cathy. You are my best friend. Today I give myself to you

in marriage.

I promise to encourage and inspire you, to laugh with you, and to

comfort you in times of sorrow and struggle.

I promise to love you in good times and in bad, when life seems easy

and when it seems hard, when our love is simple, and when it is an

effort.

I promise to cherish you, and to always hold you in highest regard.

These things I give to you today, and all the days of our life. I am

forever yours……faithfully.

Cathy, do you take this man to be your husband, and do you pledge your faithfulness to him, in love and honor in all duty and service, in all faith and tenderness, to live with him, and cherish him, according to the ordinance of God, in the holy bond of marriage?

--I DO!!

Cathy as I say these words, would you please repeat after me…

I love you, Chin, You too are my best friend. Today I give myself to

you in marriage.

I promise to encourage and inspire you, to laugh with you, and to

comfort you in times of sorrow and struggle.

I promise to love you in good times and in bad, when life seems easy and when it seems hard, when our love is simple, and when it is an

effort.

I promise to cherish you, and to always hold you in highest regard.

These things I give to you today, and all the days of our life. I am

forever yours……faithfully.

The Rings

Chin and Cathy, your rings are intimately associated with your intent to honor and treasure the vows you have made today. By exchanging rings, resolve to live your vows and not to let them drift in shallow promises. Believe and trust that the words you have spoken have the capacity to create the marriage, family and life of your dreams, and that the rings you exchange will have the power to return you to your vows.

Chin as you place this ring on Cathy’s finger please repeat after me…

Cathy, I give you this ring, as my pledge

That I shall cherish you with all my heart and soul from this day forward in the name of the Father; and of the Son; and of the Holy Ghost

Cathy as you place this ring on Chin’s finger, please repeat after me…

Chin, I to give you this ring, as my pledge

That I shall cherish you with all my heart and soul from this day forward in the name of the Father; and of the Son; and of the Holy Ghost

Engagement Ring

The engagement ring is a symbol of promise and intention. Now the intention is realized and the promise fulfilled. Chin, please place the engagement ring on Cathy’s finger over her wedding band to symbolize that the love that brought you together will always protect and sustain your marriage.

Sand Ceremony

Today, Chin and Cathy, have chosen to commemorate their marriage through the celebration of the Sand Ceremony. This ceremony symbolizes the inseparable union of Chin, Cathy and Clayton into a new and eternal relationship. Chin, Cathy, and Clayton will simultaneously pour separate containers of sand into a common vessel. Each grain of sand in their separate containers represents a unique and separate moment, decision, feeling or event that helped shaped them into the separate and unique individuals that they are today. As they pour their separate containers of sand into a common vessel, those separate and independent individuals will cease to exist. Instead they will merge into a loving and supportive family. Chin and Cathy, just as the grains of sand can never be separated into their individual containers again, so will your marriage be.

Commitment of family and friends

Ladies and Gentlemen, Chin and Cathy have demonstrated in your presence today, their belief in their love, and their desire to live together in matrimony. If you also believe in their love, and wish to add your blessing on their marriage today, please respond now by saying……………WE DO

And are you all willing to sustain and strengthen this marriage, by giving Chin and Cathy the public commitment of your love and support, through all the ups and downs ahead of them…If you are willing, please say……….WE ARE

Declaration of Marriage

Having declared your love and commitment before God and these witnesses; having given each other rings symbolizing the purity and permanence of your commitment; by the authority vested in me as a minister of Jesus Christ, I declare Chin and Cathy are now husband and wife according to the ordinance of God, in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Spirit. Whom God has joined together, let no man put asunder. Amen.

Ladies and Gentlemen, Family and Friends

Mr. And Mrs. Chin and Cathy XXXX

You may now kiss the bride.

I think I never shared our script !

We did a ceremony that was entirely bilingual - French and English. The idea was that people that would understand only one language would hear a whole cohesive ceremony, but people who would understand both would hear no repeat.

Hereunder is the ceremony as if it had been entirely in English. It's longer because originally, some paragraphs are in French...

I include the English translation of the French poem (we translated all readings in both languages in our program).

Special Ceremony

Good afternoon. Today we meet in nature, surrounded by the beautiful ocean and blue sky. On behalf of the bride and groom, I extend a heartfelt welcome to the many loved ones who have travelled huge distances to bear witness to the promises that will unite Groom and Bride's lives forever. This is a beautiful and joyous occasion because it acknowledges their commitment in deep friendship and love.

We come together not to mark the start of a relationship, but to recognize a bond that already exists. Marriage is one expression of the many varieties of love, though it's probably one of the most accomplished.

Groom and Bride wished to being the ceremony by a reading.

Let's welcome xxx xxx, the father of the groom.

Reading #1 : A description of marriage, by Edmund O'Neill

"Marriage is a promise of love.

It is a commitment to life – to the best two people can find to bring in each other.

Marriage offers opportunities for sharing and growth- a physical and emotional joining that is promised for a lifetime.

Within the circle of its love, marriage encompasses all of life's most important relationships. A wife and a husband are each other's best friend, confidant, lover, teacher, listener and critic.

Marriage deepens and enriches every fact of life. Happiness is fuller, memories are fresher, commitment is stronger. Even anger is felt more strongly, but passes more quickly.

Marriage understands and forgives the mistakes life is unable to avoid. It encourages and nurtures new life. When two people pledge to love and care for each other in marriage, they create a spirit unique in themselves which binds them closer then any spoken or written words.

Marriage is a promise. A potential, made in the hearts of two people who love, which takes a lifetime to fulfil."

Today is a very special day in your lives. In the time you have been together your love and understanding of each other has grown and matured. Some say that the perfect relationship is one in which each partner brings strength to the others weaknesses, and where a balance that would be unobtainable alone is found. Groom and Bride have found such a balance.

Love makes the burdens lighter, because you divide them. It makes joys much more intense because you will share them. It makes you stronger so you can reach out and become involved in life in ways you dared not risk alone. To attain such love, you will need to commit yourselves to each other freely and gladly for the sake of a richer and deeper life together.

Groom brings to Bride his calmness, his serenity, his firmness when dealing with salesman and his sewing talents. She confides that she loves to listen to him, that she admires his generosity, and that he knows how to help her take things more lightly. Bride brings to Groom her strength, her focus, her thurst for adventure as well as her French recipes though consumption of snails and frogs will be an ongoing battle ! He confides that she surprises him every da, and that he knows that he is made a better man by her unwavering belief and encouragement.

Declaration of consent

The covenant of marriage is not by any to be entered into unadvisedly or lightly only by persons who are both legally and spiritually free to offer themselves to one another. So I ask you:

Groom, do you come of your own free will and with a conscious desire to be united in marriage with Bride ? Yes. Do you promise to give to this woman the love of your person, the comfort of your support and companionship, and the patience of your understanding? I do.

Bride, do you come of your own free will and with a conscious desire to be united in marriage with Bride ? Yes. Do you promise to give to this woman the love of your person, the comfort of your support and companionship, and the patience of your understanding? I do.

Groom and Bride, do you promise to care for each other in the joys and sorrows of life, come what may, and to share the responsibility for growth and enrichment of your life together? We do.

Exchange of vows

Minister to couple: Will you please, as an expression that your hearts are joined together in love, now join hands?

As you begin this new journey in love, openness and understanding, you have chosen words from Roy Croft, "Love", as the opening to your wedding vows.

Groom : I love you,

Not only for what you are,

But for what I am

When I am with you.

Bride : I love you,

Not only for what

You have made of yourself,

But for what

You are making of me.

Groom : I love you

Because you have done

More than any creed

Could have done

To make me good

Bride : And more than any fate

Could have done

To make me happy.

Groom and Bride together : You have done it

Without a touch,

Without a word,

Without a sign.

You have done it

By being yourself.

Minister to groom: Groom, this woman whom you hold by the hand is to be your wife. She has given you one of the most sacred things under heaven: a womanâ€s life and a womanâ€s love. It is not what you bring her in a material way that will make true happiness; for riches without love are nothing. The gift without the giver is bare. Practice as a husband the virtues that you have shown as friend and lover so her heart will be won to your heart FOREVER.

Groom, would you look into Brideâ€s eyes and … when you're ready

Groom's vows (our vows were very personal so I'm not writing them down. Sure you will find your own)

Minister to Bride: Bride, this man whom you hold by the hand is to be your husband. Upon your life, your love, and your devotion he will lean for strength and inspiration. He is going to look to you for encouragement, for cheerfulness and for confidence. May your life and love be the inspiration that will constantly lead him to greater affection and devotion to you, his wife.

Bride, would you look into Groomâ€s eyes and repeat after me:

I Bride, take you Groom to be my husband… follow my vows.

To the congregation: Do you, their family and friends, who have heard these vows, do you promise to do your best to honor, encourage and support the commitment that Groom and Bride are making to one another here today? If so, each of you please respond by saying: “We willâ€.

You, Groom and Bride, have pledged your devotion to each other. From this point on you do not stay together simply because you love; you choose to love because you have made the commitment to be together.

Let's now hear a second reading. We welcome xxx xxx, brother of the bride.

Reading #2 : L'éternelle chanson, Rosemonde Gérard (note : this is "home made" translation so absolutely not official wink.gif )

"When you and when I am old

When my blond hair turns white

In the month of May, in the sunshiny garden

We will go to warm up our shivering limbs

As spring will put joy in our hearts

We will believe that we are young lovers again

And I will smile at you, with my head wobbling,

And we will be such an adorable old couple

Sitting beneath the climbing vine, we will look at each other

With little, tender, sparkly eyes

When you and when I am old

When my blond hair turns white

On our friendly bench, greenish with moss

on our good old bench we will come back to chat

We will have a soft and tender joy

The sentences always ending with a kiss

How many times before did I say "I love you" ?

Then with great care we will recount again

We will remember a thousand things, even

little nothings that we will ramble on about

A ray of sun will come down, and in a soft caress

Will lay, pink, on our white hair

when on our friendly bench, greenish with moss

on our good old bench we will come back to chat.

And as everyday I love you more

Today more than yesterday but much less than tomorrow

Little will matter the lines on our faces

My love will grow more serious - and serene

Think that everyday memories pile up

My memories will also be yours

Those shared memories more and more embrace us

and constantly wove more bonds between us

it's true we will be old, very old, weakened by age

but every day I will clutch your hand harder

As you see everyday I love you more

Today more than yesterday but much less than tomorrow"

Exchange of rings

Officiant to couple: Do you have the rings?

The wedding ring is the outward and visible sign of an inward and spiritual bond which unites two loyal hearts in endless love. It is a seal of the vows Groom and Bride have made to one another. A fitting symbol to represent the covenant you are making today, a circle, the emblem of eternity, reminding you that your love, devotion and commitment to one another are to be forever.

Officiant to Groom: Groom, place this ring on Brideâ€s finger. Hold her hand and please repeat after me:

Just as this circle is without end, my love for you is eternal. Bride, I give you this ring… as a sign of my love and faithfulness. With all that I am, and all that I have, I honor you. With this ring I thee wed.

Officiant to Bride: Bride, place this ring on Groom's finger. Hold his hand and repeat after me.

Bride : Groom, with this ring I thee wed.…

This ring is the sign of my love and faithfulness.

From now on, I commit to stand by your side under any circumstances and to give you the best of myself.

May this ring shine on your hand just as your love shines in my heart.

Your lives are now joined in one unbroken circle. Let these rings serve as locks, not binding you together, but as keys, unlocking the secrets of your hearts for each other to know, and thus bringing you closer together forever.

Sand ceremony

Today, Groom and Bride have chosen to commemorate their marriage through the celebration of the Sand Ceremony. This ceremony symbolizes the inseparable union of Groom and Bride into a new and eternal marital relationship. The bride and groom will simultaneously pour separate containers of sand into a common vessel. Each grain of sand in their separate containers represents a separate moment, decision, feeling, or event that helped shape Groom and Bride into the separate and unique individuals that they are today. As they pour their separate containers of sand into a common vessel, those separate and independent individuals will merge into a loving and supportive marital community. Groom and Bride, just as the grains of sand can never be separated into their individual containers again, so will your marriage be.

Music while the sand ceremony lasts after these words : I'm yours, Jason Mraz

Just as two threads woven in opposite directions will form a most beautiful tapestry, so too can your two lives merged together make a beautiful marriage. To make your relationship work will take love, much love. This is the core of your marriage and why you are here today. Leo Buscaglia said it like this:

“Perfect love is rare indeed - for to be a lover will require that you continually have the subtlety of the very wise, the flexibility of the child, the sensitivity of the artist, the understanding of the philosopher, the acceptance of the saint, the tolerance of the scholar and the fortitude of the certain."

Establish that your love will never be blotted out by the common nor obscured by the ordinary in life.

Let me borrow the words of the poet Khalil Gibran in the Prophet to give you this last valuable advice :

You were born together, and together you shall be forevermore.

You shall be together when white wings of death scatter your days.

Aye, you shall be together even in the silent memory of God.

But let there be space in your togetherness.

And let the winds of the heavens dance between you.

Love one another, but make not a bond of love:

Let it rather be a moving sea between the shores of your souls.

Fill each other's cup but drink not from one cup.

Give one another of your bread but eat not from the same loaf.

Sing and dance together and be joyous, but let each one of you be alone,

Even as the strings of a lute are alone though they quiver with the same music.

Give your hearts, but not into each other's keeping.

For only the hand of Life can contain your hearts.

And stand together yet not too near together:

For the pillars of the temple stand apart,

And the oak tree and the cypress grow not in each other's shadow.

May this day shine eternally in your lives.

May it add brilliance to every achievement and cast a light over any misfortune.

May you care for each other in sadness. May you give cheer to each other.

May you give vitality to each other in all undertakings.

May all that is virtuous, beautiful, and honest, remain with you always.

Prononciation of marriage

Because you Groom and Bride have exchanged your promises of faithful love, and because in our presence you have exchanged symbols which make your covenant visible, we now recognize you as husband and wife.

You may now kiss each other.

Congratulations Mr. and Mrs. Groom's Family Name.

• 2 weeks later...

I think I'm pretty much done with mine. Every time I read it I change something else. We are using the vows that my parents used 32 years ago, and the prayer was done by my soon to be mother-in-law.

Thanks to everyone who has posted on here...I couldn't have done this without you!!

The Giving of the bride:

We are gathered here today, May 21, 2010, to witness in the most joyous of occasions; to celebrate one of the greatest moments in life, by acknowledging the marriage of Jacob and Mollie. This joyous day celebrates the commitment and love with which Jacob and Mollie start their lives together. Through God, you are joined together in the most holy of bonds.

Being assured of your love as life long companions, and that you have your families blessings, I now ask, who gives this women to be married to this man?

Father of the Bride says – “Her mother and I do†(father of brides sits)

Opening:

Marriage is a sacred union between husband and wife and shall remain unbroken. It is the basis of a stable and loving relationship and is a joining of two hearts, bodies and souls. As husband and wife you are there to support one another and provide love and care in times of joy and times of adversity.

On behalf of Jacob and Mollie, I welcome you and thank you all for gathering here on this beautiful day to witness their marriage. The fact that you all have travelled such a great distance to be here today is a testament to the amazing amount of love and support they have. You have all given them much happiness, love, warmth, and guidance though the various stages of their lives. They would like to sincerely thank you all for being here to celebrate their big day.

I have also been asked by Jacob and Mollie to thank their parents for the wonderful lives they have given them, for the hard work and guidance they have provided, for their everlasting love, support, and encouragement. It is from them that they have learned the true meaning of love, friendship and family.

Ceremony:

Jacob and Mollie, may your marriage bring you all the exquisite excitements a marriage should bring, and may life grant you also patience, tolerance and understanding. May you always need one another not so much to fill your emptiness as to help you to know your fullness. A mountain needs a valley to be complete; the valley does not make the mountain less, but more; and the valley is more a valley because it has a mountain towering over it. So let it be with you and you. May you need one another, but not out of weakness. May you want one another, but not out of lack. May you entice one another, but not compel one another. May you embrace one another, but not encircle one another. May you succeed in all important ways with one another, and not fail in the little graces. May you look for things to praise, often say, "I love you!" and take no notice of small faults. If you have quarrels that push you apart, may both of you hope to have good sense enough to take the first step back. May you enter into the mystery which is the awareness of one another's presence no more physical than spiritual, warm and near when you are side by side, and warm and near when you are in separate rooms or even distant cities. May you have happiness, and may you find it making one another happy. May you have love, and may you find it loving one another!

As you stand here, in this moment, remember that love, loyalty and trust are the foundations of a happy and lasting marriage. As you strive to fulfill the commitment you make here today, your life together can be increasingly full of joy, of satisfaction and of peace. I pray that in all the events of life you will hold fast to the vision and the promise of this, your wedding day.

Intention:

Jacob and Mollie would you please face each other and join your hands.

Minister to the Groom: Jacob, do you take this woman to be your wife? Will you strive to love and honor her, will you comfort her and be faithful to her, as long as you both shall live?

Groom answers: I do

Minister to the Bride: Mollie, do you take this man to be your husband? Will you strive to love and honor him, will you comfort him and be faithful to him, as long as you both shall live?

Bride answers: I do

Vows:

Jacob please repeat after me:

I, Jacob, take you, Mollie, to be my wife, to have and to hold from this day forward, for better, for worse, for richer, for poorer, in sickness and in health, to love and cherish, in tenderness and affection through all the varying experiences of our lives.

Mollie, please repeat after me:

I, Mollie, take you, Jacob, to be my husband, to have and to hold from this day forward, for better, for worse, for richer, for poorer, in sickness and in health, to love and cherish, in tenderness and affection through all the varying experiences of our lives.

Ring Exchange:

May I have the rings please.

The wedding ring is the outward and visible sign of an inward and spiritual bond which unites two loyal hearts in endless love. The wedding ring is a visible sign of love shared by these two. The rings they exchange form a circle which is unbroken. It has no ending or beginning; it forms a perfect whole. The rings given and received, then, are both a promise and a reality pointing to the growing love of this man and this woman.

Jacob, take this ring, and as you place it on Mollieâ€s finger, repeat after me:

Mollie, I give you this ring as a symbol of our vows, and with all that I am, and all that I have, I will honor you.

Mollie, take this ring, and as you place it on Jacobâ€s finger, repeat after me:

Jacob, I give you this ring as a symbol of our vows, and with all that I am, and all that I have, I will honor you.

Sand Unity Ceremony:

As you stand beside the ocean tide, may your love always be as constant as these never-ending waves, flowing endlessly from the depths of the sea; Your love came softly upon each others heart, just as the water comes softly upon the sand, and just as there will never be a morning without the ocean's flow, there will never be a day without love for each other.

You have just sealed your relationship by the giving and receiving of rings. This beautiful union is symbolized through the combining of these two individual vessels of sand. The first jar represents you Jacob, and the other vessel represents you, Mollie. Each one holds its own unique beauty, strength, and character. They can stand on their own and be whole, without the need of anything else. However when these two are blended together they create an entirely new and extraordinarily more intricate entity. Each grain of sand brings to the mixture a lasting beauty that forever enriches the combination. When you pour the sand into this common vessel, it symbolized the union of your two lives. Just as these grains of sand can never be separated and poured again into the individual vessels - so will your marriage be a molding of two individual personalities, bonded together forming one heart, one love. The life that each of you experienced up to now, individually, will hereafter be an inseparable unit, for the two shall become one.

Groom and Bride step forward to pour the sand.

PRAYER:

Letâ€s bow our heads in prayer.

Dear Heavenly Father,

Please surround Jacob and Mollie with your love and peace as they begin this new chapter of their life. May their home be filled with your love, joy, and peace. Keep them close to you always. Keep them ever faithful to each other and to you, just as you are ever faithful to those who love and serve you.

In the name of your Son, Jesus Christ, Amen

Closing

Jacob and Mollie you have expressed your love and commitment, and promised each other the joy of all your days, before God and this company, along with the sun, the sand, and the sea, you may now call yourselves Husband and Wife.

Ladies and Gentlemen, Family and Friends, it is my great honor and privilege to present to you, Mr. and Mrs. Jacob Miller!

Jacob, you may kiss your bride!

Thank you so much for all the inspirational ceremony scripts. I have about 4 months to go and I know this will be the hardest part for us to decide on. Thanks for sharing. This is such a wonderful forum and I am glad I also stumble upon it. Congratulations to all who got married and will be married soon!

Chong

Here is our ceremony script...completed SUPER early...I loved this thread and couldn't stop myself from putting it together once I started reading everyone's great ideas!

OPENING

You may be seated.

On behalf of Glenn and Mallory, I welcome you and thank you all for gathering here on this beautiful August 13th, 2011 Jamaican day to witness their marriage ceremony. The fact that you all have travelled such a great distance to be here today is a testament to the amazing amount of love and support they have. All of you have given them much happiness, love, warmth, and guidance through the various stages of their lives. They would like to sincerely thank you all for being here to celebrate their big day. A special and respectful acknowledgement must also be made to those friends and family members who were unable to attend, or have passed on, but whose spirit remains alive and strong in all our hearts. *pause*

And now we honor your parents and ask for their support…Would the parents of the bride and groom please stand?

This occasion is a special celebration for you, the parents who have brought these children into the world, and nurtured them into adulthood. Today you are witnessing another stage in the lives of your son and daughter. Your continuing support and encouragement will be needed as Glenn and Mallory unite in marriage.

Will you who have loved and nurtured these two, try with the greatest love and wisdom you have, to support this new couple and help in every way? If so, please say “We Will.â€

Parents, you may be seated.

Marriage is an affirmation of life, an undying commitment, a spiritual, emotional, and intellectual bond between two people. It is created from the purest of friendship, respect, and love. The institution of marriage should not be entered into lightly, as it is true commitment on every level. Together you will continue to meet the challenges and obstacles of life head-on.

For Glenn and Mallory, this day does not mark the beginning of a new relationship; rather, it is an acknowledgement and celebration of a relationship that has been flourishing since the moment they met.

You have chosen to walk through life together. There is no truer statement of love. The choice was not made by any one moment, but by being together you grew to realize that you belonged together and that you fulfilled each otherâ€s needs. You have come to thrive upon each otherâ€s presence, loyalty, and wisdom. The foundation of your love is profound friendship. A friendship you have nurtured until at last you realized that you wanted to be together always. The commitment you make today will be the foundation on which you will build your life together.

HAND CEREMONY

As an expression that you are joined together in love, will you please hold each others†hands in your own, so you may feel the gift that you are about to receive on this day.

--These are the hands of your best friend, young and strong and full of love for you, that are holding yours on your wedding day as you promise to love each other today, tomorrow, and forever.

--These are the hands that will work alongside yours as together you build your future, as you laugh and cry, as you share your innermost secrets and dreams.

--These are the hands that will passionately love you and cherish you through the years.

--These are the hands that will comfort you in illness, and hold you when fear or grief engulfs your heart.

--These are the hands that will wipe the tears from your eyes; tears of sorrow and tears of joy.

--These are the hands that will give you strength when you need it, that will hold you tight as you struggle through difficult times as well as blessed times.

--These are the hands that will tenderly hold your children and the hands that will help you to hold your family as one.

--And lastly, these are the hands that even when wrinkled and aged, will still be reaching for yours, still giving you the same unspoken tenderness with just a touch.

Glenn and Mallory, these are the hands that will enter the Sacrament of Matrimony. These four hands will be your armor and shield against the evils and temptations of the world. These are the hands that will reach out, first to each other, then united, will spread your love and your sacrament to all they touch.
These are the hands that will always be held by one another, will one day teach your own children the marvels of married life, and will be a sign to friends and strangers alike as to just how wonderful married life can be.

DECLARATION OF INTENT

Glenn, do you take Mallory to be your wife, to have and to hold from this day forward, for better or for worse, for richer or for poorer, in sickness and in health as long as you both shall live?

If so, answer “I doâ€

Mallory, do you take Glenn to be your husband, to have and to hold from this day forward, for better or for worse, for richer or for poorer, in sickness and in health as long as you both shall live?

If so, answer “I doâ€

VOWS/EXCHANGING OF RINGS

I will ask you now to seal the promise you have just made, by the giving and receiving of rings. Glenn and Mallory have chosen rings as outward symbols of the commitment they make today. The wedding ring is a symbol of unity, a circle unbroken, without beginning or end. And today Glenn and Mallory give and receive these rings as demonstrations of their vows to make their lives one, to work at all times to create a life that is whole and unbroken, and to love each other without end. These rings mark the beginning of a long journey together; wear them proudly, as they are symbols which speak of love and commitment that you have for each other.

Glenn, as you place this ring on Malloryâ€s finger, repeat after me:

I, Glenn, take you, Mallory, to be my wife.

I will cherish our friendship

and love you today, tomorrow, and forever.

I will trust you and respect you, encourage you, and inspire you.

I will laugh with you and comfort you in times of sorrow.

I will love you faithfully and unconditionally

through good times and bad, completely and forever.

Mallory, as you place this ring on Glennâ€s finger, repeat after me:

I, Mallory, take you, Glenn, to be my husband.

I will cherish our friendship

and love you today, tomorrow, and forever.

I will trust you and respect you, encourage you, and inspire you.

I will laugh with you and comfort you in times of sorrow.

I will love you faithfully and unconditionally

through good times and bad, completely and forever.

The engagement ring is a symbol of promise and intention. Now the intention is realized and the promise fulfilled. Glenn, place the engagement ring on Malloryâ€s finger over her wedding band to symbolize that the love that brought you together will always protect and sustain your marriage.

Ladies and Gentlemen, Glenn and Mallory have demonstrated in your presence today their belief in their love and their desire to live together as Husband and Wife. If you also believe in their love, and wish to add your blessing upon their marriage today, please respond now by saying……………WE DO

And are you all willing to sustain and strengthen this marriage, by giving Glenn and Mallory the public commitment of your love and support, through all the ups and downs they will encounter on their journey…If you are willing, please say……….WE ARE

Glenn and Mallory, in as much as you have consented together in the union of matrimony and have pledged your faith to each other in the presence of this company, I now by the authority vested in me, pronounce you HUSBAND AND WIFE.

Congratulations, you may kiss the groom!

SAND CEREMONY

You have just sealed your relationship by giving and receiving of rings. But although you will be sharing one life, never forget that you are two separate people. Cherish and affirm your differences. Love each other. Keep your commitment primary. Together you will laugh and cry, be sick and well, be happy and angry, share and grow. Grow sometimes together, sometimes separately.

To symbolize this union and the importance of the individuals within the marriage, two separate colors of sand will be combined. Each one holds its own unique beauty, strength, and character. They can stand on their own and be whole, without need of anything else. However when these two are blended together, they create and entirely new and extraordinarily more intricate entity. Each grain of sand brings to the mixture a lasting beauty that forever enriches the combination. Please pour the sand into this common container to symbolize the union of your two lives.

(Begin pouring sand)

Glenn and Mallory, just as these grains of sand can never be separated and poured again into the individual container, so will your marriage be a molding of two individual personalities, bonded together forming one heart, one life, and one family. May you remain as inseparable as these grains of sand all the days of your life.

CLOSING

Glenn and Mallory, now you will feel no rain, for each of you will be shelter for the other. Now you will feel no cold, for each of you will be warmth to the other. Now there will be no loneliness, for each of you will be companion to the other. Now you are two persons, but there is only one life before you. May beauty surround you both in the journey ahead and through all your years. Give to one another new experiences of joy. Challenge one another so that you may grow. May the love you hold for each other, now sealed in marriage, continue to mature with the passing years. May you never take each other for granted, but always experience the wonder of your union. May the people you touch in your lifetime know how much you love and care for one another and may you love one another forever.

With friends and family, along with the sun, the sand, and the sea, it gives me great pleasure to present to you for the very first time as husband and wife

Mr. and Mrs. Glenn & Mallory Kercher