Share your ceremony script!

Here's our civil vows our resort used. This is the English version. The entire script was also read in Spanish during the ceremony.

Quote:
Good afternoon everybody…….

We are gathered here today to witness the formal joining in the legal state of matrimony of this beautiful couple.

In Bucerias Nayarit, today January 21, 2010, we have present in front of us TIMOTHY AND AMY who have come forward to be joined together in union of Matrimony.

Marriage, is the legal union, between a man and a woman that join their lives together to enhance the human race and to find eternal happiness. In the marriage, both, the man and the woman have the same rights and obligations to each other and are equal in law.

This is the moral way to establish a family, to conserve the human race and to compensate for the imperfections of the individual that cannot be fulfilled within in order to attain the duality of marriage; the married person should, and will be sacred each to the other even more than to them self.

The man, TIMOTHY, whose gifts are principally the courage and strength, should give and will give protection, nourishment and direction to the woman, treating her always like the most delicate, sensitive and finest part of himself, and with the generosity and kindness that a man owes to a woman. This is essential when she devotes herself totally to you and when she has been entrusted by society.

The woman, AMY, whose gifts are principally the beauty, love and tenderness should give and will give assistance, consolation and advice to the man, treating him always like the person who stands by him and defends her. Each one owes to the other and should have respect, fidelity, confidence and tenderness, both should never do anything to Contradict this union.

Both should use wisdom to lessen any faults and never insult because insult between married people dishonor all involved and abuse the strength of the union.

Both should cherish and honor this union as the lasting bond that unites our race in the eyes of the man.

This is considered the most important component of the society as it is the family they have raised.

At his moment and in front of the society, family and friends I would like to ask?

TIMOTHY do you accept AMY as your loving wife, to promise to love and respect her all the days of your life?

AMY do you accept TIMOTHY as your loving husband, to promise to love and respect him all the days of your life?

Now, we will proceed to the exchanging of the rings

GROOM:â€I call on those present to witness that I, TIMOTHY, take thee AMY to be my lawful wedded wife, and promise to share with you, all my love and life, in good times and in bad. To respect and cherish you as my wife from this day forward. Nothing shall become more important than our love for each other.

BRIDE:â€I call on those present to witness that I, AMY, take thee, TIMOTHY, to be my lawful wedded husband and promise to share with you all my love and life, in good times and in bad. To respect and cherish you as my husband from this day forward. Nothing shall become more important than our love for each other.

Havenâ€t found any impediment within the terms indicated by the Mexican Community to celebrate this marriage, we will now proceed to the signature of the wedding certificate.

**FIRMAS**

_________ _________

Bride Groom

WITNESSES

___________________ ___________________

After having witnessed the signatures of the bride and groom as well as the witnesses, in the name of the society we now declare you united into the matrimony.

Congratulations!!

Now, you are declared husband and wife in Banderaâ€s bay.

You may now kiss your bride!

We had NO idea the vows would be this long or what they would actually be. DH & I are going to print it out & frame it with our favourite ceremony picture.

Here is mine. It's very similar yet a little different than some I have seen here. I am having a legal ceremony and we have children that we are involving in the Sand Ceremony:

We have gathered here today to joyfully acknowledge the wedding of Michael and Jessica.

Who gives this woman to be married to this man? (DAD) “I Doâ€.

On behalf of Michael and Jessica, I welcome you and thank you all for gathering here on this beautiful day to witness their marriage ceremony. The fact that you all have traveled such a great distance to be here today is a testament to the amazing amount of love and support Michael and Jessica have. All of you have given them much happiness, love, warmth, and guidance through the various stages of their lives. They would like to sincerely thank you all for being here to celebrate their big day. A special and respectful acknowledgement must also be made to those friends and family members who were unable to attend, or have passed on, but whose spirit remains alive and strong in all our hearts.

The commitment of marriage is one of the most important decisions two people will make in their lives. The vow of marriage is a pledge of their everlasting love, uniting them in holy matrimony, whereby, they commit to share all life has to offer, the good times and the bad, with patience and understanding. For a marriage to remain strong, your faith must never waiver due to the trails and tribulations of everyday life.

Remember, that the power of faith can conquer all obstacles.

A strong marriage is dependent upon many factors, beyond the love and respect you share for one another; there must be strong sense of commitment and loyalty that bonds you and, above all, a true friendship and willingness to communicate with one another. A genuine like for each other, the willingness to accept and understand each otherâ€s strengths and weaknesses is the foundation for a successful marriage.

The vows that you are about to exchange serve as a verbal representation of the love you pledge to each other. For it is not the words that you will speak today which bond you together as one, but it is the inner sense of love and commitment that each of you feels within your soul.

Michael do you take Jessica to be your wedded wife? To love her, comfort her, honor her and respect her? To share all life has to offer, your hopes and dreams, your achievements and disappointments with her, from this day forward? For better or for worse, for richer or for poorer, in sickness and in health, to love and to honor as long as you both shall live?

I do

Jessica do you take Michael to be your wedded husband? To love him, comfort him, honor him and respect him? To share all life has to offer, your hopes and dreams, your achievements and disappointments with him, from this day forward? For better or for worse, for richer or for poorer, in sickness and in health, to love and to honor as long as you both shall live?

I do

The wedding ring is an unbroken circle which symbolizes unending and everlasting love, and is a visible symbol which represents your inner commitment to one another. May your life together be blessed with everlasting happiness.

Please, repeat after me:

As I place this ring upon your hand, may our separate lives become one, as we commit our everlasting love to each other.

The engagement ring is a symbol of promise and intention. Now the intention is realized and the promise fulfilled. Michael, place the engagement ring on Jessicaâ€s finger over her wedding band to symbolize that the love that brought you together will always protect and sustain your marriage.

Unity Sand

As you stand beside the ocean tide, may your love always be as constant as these never-ending waves that pour near your feet, flowing endlessly from the depths of the sea; Your love came softly upon each others heart, just as the foam comes softly upon the sand, and just as there will never be a morning without the ocean's flow, so there will never be a day without love for each other. You have pledged yourselves on this day your love will be as dependable as the tide; as these waters nourish the earth and sustain life, may your constant devotion nourish and sustain you until the end of time.

Today, this relationship is symbolized through the pouring of these three individual containers of sand, one representing you Michael and all that you were, all that you are, and all that you will ever be, one representing you, Jessica and all that you were and all that you are, and all that you will ever be, and the third representing your children, all that they are, and all that they will ever be..

Michael, pour some of your sand which will represent you as an individual.

Jessica, pour some of your sand which will represent you as an individual.

Please, together, pour the third container of sand which will represent your children.

To symbolize this union and the importance of the individuals within the marriage, three separate colors of sand will be combined. Each one holds its own unique beauty, strength, and character. They can stand on their own and be whole, without need of anything else. However when these three are blended together they create and entirely new and extraordinarily more intricate entity.

Each grain of sand brings to the mixture a lasting beauty that forever enriches the combination. Please pour the sand into this common container to symbolize the union of your four lives.

Michael and Jessica, just as these grains of sand can never be separated and poured again into the individual containers, so will your marriage be a molding of four individual personalities, bonded together forming one heart, one life, and one family.

Michael and Jessica, now you will feel no rain, for each of you will be shelter for the other. Now you will feel no cold, for each of you will be warmth to the other. Now there will be no loneliness, for each of you will be companion to the other. Now you are two persons, but there is only one life before you. May beauty surround you both in the journey ahead and through all the years. May happiness be your companion and your days together be good and long upon the earth. Give to one another new experiences of joy. Challenge one another so that you may grow. May the love you hold for each other, now sealed in marriage, continue to mature with the passing years. May you never take each other for granted, but always experience the wonder of your union.

By virtue of the authority vested in her, and in conformity with the laws of the State of Baja California Sur, she pronounces you, husband and wife. May you live together in blissful happiness from this day forward.

You may kiss the bride.

Ladies and Gentlemen, it is my honor to present for the first time, Mr. and Mrs. Michael V.