Photo

Bad breath

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#1 Agape Gems

Agape Gems
  • 1,260 posts

Posted 22 May 2008 - 03:04 PM

We've all been there. You have a friend, family member, or co-worker with chronic bad breath. Do you tell them or just keep offering gum and mints everytime they come around?

I don't want to hurt the person's feelings, but I know if it bothers me it probably bothers everyone they talk too... and there are probably a lot of people talking about it behind their back. I don't think they have bad hygiene, so it may be a dental issue like gum disease or something. What to do?
    See our professional weddings photos http://bestdestinati...om/forum/t21339

#2 lucy106

lucy106
    • 2,880 posts

Posted 22 May 2008 - 03:07 PM

I wish I could be more bold when it came to this but I am totally one to just keep offering mints and/or gum! I would get one out for myself then act like I was being polite by offering them one.

#3 Yvette

Yvette
      • 510 posts

Posted 22 May 2008 - 03:12 PM

I have a cousin with this problem, not bad hygene just breath. I never say anything cause I don't have the nerve to plus I don't want to hurt their feelings.

#4 Hartyt509

Hartyt509
        • 2,262 posts

Posted 22 May 2008 - 03:29 PM

I'd do the gum and mints for a while then just say I don't mean to be rude but have you brushed your teeth lol

You have to find a delicate way of telling them.

I used to work with a bloke that stank to high heaven, I gave him deodrant for his birthday and all sorts he just didn't get it lol one day he caught me in a really shit mood and i said please don't come into my room you stink lmao (then thought shit did I say that out loud) he laughed still didn't take the hint lol

In the end we got the senior partner to tell him and he was really blunt lol Later he thanked us because he hadn't realised and was mortified because he just hadn't realised

#5 jajajaja

jajajaja
          • VIP Member
          • 9,794 posts

Posted 22 May 2008 - 04:08 PM

I can't tell people things like that. I'm also the person that doesn't point out boogers or food in the teeth. I dunno- I just can't and it embarrasses me probably more than them. I just suffer instead.
            Happily married since 2008

#6 KHarrod

KHarrod
            • 902 posts

Posted 22 May 2008 - 04:15 PM

You have to tell them eventually, i have a cousin that burns me when she talks lol

#7 Agape Gems

Agape Gems
              • 1,260 posts

Posted 22 May 2008 - 04:19 PM

Hmmmm.... offering gum is definitely the easiest thing, I guess I just feel bad cuz if it were me I think I would want to know. But there is really no polite way to say it huh?

#8 Agape Gems

Agape Gems
                • 1,260 posts

Posted 22 May 2008 - 04:19 PM

Quote:
                  Originally Posted by KHarrod
                  i have a cousin that burns me when she talks lol
                  LOL

#9 jajajaja

jajajaja
                  • VIP Member
                  • 9,794 posts

Posted 22 May 2008 - 04:20 PM

Are you close to this person? I can tell people I'm close to things like that.
                    Happily married since 2008

#10 Agape Gems

Agape Gems
                    • 1,260 posts

Posted 22 May 2008 - 04:21 PM

Quote:
                      Originally Posted by LC_Rachel
                      Are you close to this person? I can tell people I'm close to things like that.
                      Not that close, more of an associate than a friend. But I don't think she has very many friends.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users