• Please log in to reply
35 replies to this topic

#11 TammyB

TammyB
  • 10,630 posts

Posted 22 May 2008 - 02:25 PM

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Kat81
    The Dyson Animal Vacuum. I swear that thing will suck up an elephant if it were on my carpet. I love it. Having four dogs it really really helps. I use it almost every day. When I use it people come over and ask if we just got our carpets cleaned... It makes the carpets stand up and look brand new.

I purchased a Kirby Vacuum a couple months ago, and like you said it picks up EVERYTHING. It's amazing how much better our floors look now, plus it has helped with my allergies. I remember the first time I vacuumed my bed with the Kirby, it was the first night I woke up with no stuffy nose in the morning.

#12 Kristy!

Kristy!

VIP Member

• VIP Member
    • 6,368 posts

Posted 22 May 2008 - 02:27 PM

A $20 Black & Decker steamer. I just throw some veggies in there and don't have to think about them until to the little timer chimes. It frees up space on the stove too! I love it.

#13 Janet

Janet
      • VIP Member
      • 7,459 posts

Posted 22 May 2008 - 02:30 PM

Quote:
        Originally Posted by Kat81
        The Dyson Animal Vacuum. I swear that thing will suck up an elephant if it were on my carpet. I love it. Having four dogs it really really helps. I use it almost every day. When I use it people come over and ask if we just got our carpets cleaned... It makes the carpets stand up and look brand new.
        Good question, Tammy!

I TOTALLY agree about the Dyson Animal. We only have hardwood floors now but it still works wonders.

My other one is my Macbook. I love that thing and have used it daily for years and it's still going strong!

#14 Maura

Maura

VIP Member

• VIP Member
        • 5,752 posts
        • Wedding Location:Westin Los Cabos

Posted 22 May 2008 - 02:48 PM

i have to second janet's mac - i have a mac powerbook that i purchased in 2004 thats still going strong. i love it and dont know what my life would be like without it!

the other thing i couldnt live without is my blackberry. it makes my life infinitely easier.

#15 Hartyt509

Hartyt509
        • 2,262 posts

Posted 22 May 2008 - 02:55 PM

My dog meg, she has been my lifesaver through some shite times

#16 Kat81

Kat81
          • VIP Member
          • 7,615 posts

Posted 22 May 2008 - 02:59 PM

Quote:
            Originally Posted by TammyB
            I purchased a Kirby Vacuum a couple months ago, and like you said it picks up EVERYTHING. It's amazing how much better our floors look now, plus it has helped with my allergies. I remember the first time I vacuumed my bed with the Kirby, it was the first night I woke up with no stuffy nose in the morning.
            I never thought to do this... I am sooo doing it tonight! I'm kinda scared to see all the crap that comes out of the mattresses though

#17 TammyB

TammyB
            • 10,630 posts

Posted 22 May 2008 - 03:02 PM

Quote:
              Originally Posted by Maura
              the other thing i couldnt live without is my blackberry. it makes my life infinitely easier.
              I'm trying to tell DH that I "need" a blackberry, but he thinks it's an excuse to search the web more.. :-) D@mn he knows me too well.

#18 Kat81

Kat81
              • VIP Member
              • 7,615 posts

Posted 22 May 2008 - 03:04 PM

Quote:
                Originally Posted by TammyB
                I'm trying to tell DH that I "need" a blackberry, but he thinks it's an excuse to search the web more.. :-) D@mn he knows me too well.
                I think I have my FI convinced I "need" one. My birthday is in June so my fingers are crossed!

#19 alex

alex
                • 1,139 posts

Posted 22 May 2008 - 05:09 PM

My best purchase has been my car. I bought a used 99 Sunfire from my aunt for $2000. It's in perfect working order & runs like a dream. It has a bigger gas tank, but is very gentle on actually using the gas! With the prices as high as they are and Mat owning a HUGE beast of a truck - it's been a lifesaver!!
                  He carpools to work & we use my car around town. We have saved SO much in gas since I got it, I don't know what we'd do without it!!!

#20 Nrvsbride

Nrvsbride
                  • 5,248 posts

Posted 22 May 2008 - 05:15 PM

I also own the Expedit bookshelves from Ikea. FI has so many books so we created a pseudo library in our office. We have two huge ones that line either side of the wall. Personally I think shoes and bags should go there but I guess I'll let him have his silly books.

The best purchase I ever made was contact lenses when I was 13 and Japanese Straigtening. Not having to spend endless hours blow drying my hair is the best thing ever!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users