Photo

Dog overload.

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#1 TammyB

TammyB
  • 10,630 posts

Posted 22 May 2008 - 01:14 PM

OMG someone kill me now. Seriously.... Anyone?

So we told a family that we adopted out our last senior Boston that we would watch him since they are going out of town, we got him yesterday. well we also get a call about an owner surrender and they needed the dogs picked up "now" Oh did you catch that I said "dogs"? It's a brother and sister, their actually really good, but they have never been on a leash before (owners had a fenced in yard) and well we live in a townhome and it's been so hard getting them to walk and use the bathroom. Then, get this..... We had already set up to take a dog that needs some special attention, we had been planning it for over a week now, well it ends up DH has to meet them tomorrow night at 11:30 pm to pick him up. So if your following along that will be 6 dogs, that's right SIX dogs in my house. My two boys, the sister and brother we picked up yesterday, the old foster dog, and now this special needs boston. Umm we are only allowed two dogs.... We actually might pay to have the brother and sister boarded for the weekend since they will have off leash play time and they would do fine, so that would leave us 4 which I "think" I can handle.

Sorry, I would post pictures of the brother and sister, but I can't get into photobucket at work. Maybe I'll post tonight if I'm not hiding in the closet from them all.. :-)

#2 LisaG

LisaG
    • VIP Member
    • 7,839 posts

Posted 22 May 2008 - 01:19 PM

Holy crap Tammy!! That's alot of dogs. I sure don't know how you do. I would totally be hiding in the closet.

#3 EricaG

EricaG
      • 1,915 posts

Posted 22 May 2008 - 01:19 PM

You sure do have a house full. How long do you have the old foster dog for? Even having 4 dogs seems like a lot, but I have never had more than 2 cats. Good luck, and hopefully you get something figured out!
        http://i141.photobuc....DSC_0038-1.jpghttp://i141.photobuc....DSC_0463-1.jpg
        My wedding review of the Grand Palladium Palace, Punta Cana, Dominican Republic
        http://bestdestinati...om/forum/t35125

Our Professional Wedding and TTD Pictures by Photo Souvenirhttp:...

#4 Ana

Ana

VIP Member

• VIP Member
        • 8,047 posts
        • Wedding Date:April 1, 2009
        • Wedding Location:Dreams Cabo
        • LocationToronto

Posted 22 May 2008 - 01:23 PM

wow that's crazy! I'm sure it will all workout fine though

#5 TammyB

TammyB
        • 10,630 posts

Posted 22 May 2008 - 01:27 PM

Quote:
          Originally Posted by ethrondson
          You sure do have a house full. How long do you have the old foster dog for?
          They will be by on Tuesday to pick up the old foster, plus if we board the brother and sister for the weekend It would help alot. The foster we are picking up tomorrow is in pretty bad shape from what we were told, so I'm guessing he'll require alot of attention.

Oh and lets not forget our cat Morris. :-) We are blessed that he is such a good cat, he just sniffs them once and he goes about his business. We lucked out when we adopted him.

#6 DreaW

DreaW
          • Banned
          • 2,462 posts

Posted 22 May 2008 - 01:29 PM

oh wow tammy you have an animal house. Wish I could be there to help you. :)

#7 TammyB

TammyB
            • 10,630 posts

Posted 22 May 2008 - 01:31 PM

lol "Animal house" yeah that pretty much sums it up. Plus I just got done cleaning our carpets again and wouldn't you believe that they have already been peed on? It never ends, Best purchase I have ever made is our carpet cleaner.

#8 DreaW

DreaW
              • Banned
              • 2,462 posts

Posted 22 May 2008 - 01:33 PM

Quote:
                Originally Posted by TammyB
                lol "Animal house" yeah that pretty much sums it up. Plus I just got done cleaning our carpets again and wouldn't you believe that they have already been peed on? It never ends, Best purchase I have ever made is our carpet cleaner.
                This is why my parents changed their carpets in their house to tile and in there condo to wood... :)

#9 TammyB

TammyB
                • 10,630 posts

Posted 22 May 2008 - 01:38 PM

Yeah DH and I want to do hardwood as well, but were going to wait a couple years because we don't want the dogs running around to scratch the floors, so we'll wait until were close to putting the home on the market.

#10 Christine

Christine
                  • VIP Member
                  • 21,514 posts
                  • Wedding Date:July 20, 2007
                  • Wedding Location:Napa, California
                  • LocationReno, NV

Posted 22 May 2008 - 01:43 PM

oh my goodness Tammy you are going to have quite a holiday weekend!
                  Christine + Will (married 7/20/07) + Ainsleigh (born 6/25/08) + Nolan (born 11/9/10) + Delaney (born 12/31/13) = One Very Happy Family!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users