Photo

Lunas De Fuego?

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#1 salomeh

salomeh
  • 104 posts

Posted 21 May 2008 - 10:50 PM

I did enough research on here to know that Lunas De Fuego are the best fire dancers in Cabo. I am trying really hard to do all of my vendor bookings myself and not hire a WC (thanks to all of the information on this forum ). So far so good...I have booked my own photographer, video, sweet Dreams for cake and Suzanne Morel for hair/make-up.

I am getting really nervous about the fire dancers though. I contacted them on my own and they are telling me my date is reserved (5/16/09) but every time I email them to ask about signing a contract to guarantee my date I never hear back from them!

I remember reading on here from a while ago that Lunas De Fuego can be kind of flaky. Do you guys think I should give in and hire a WC? or do you think they will show? I still need to hire a really fun DJ and hire someone for flowers (if any of you have suggestions please share).

Thanks!

#2 sassybride

sassybride
    • Banned
    • 294 posts

Posted 21 May 2008 - 10:55 PM

I hired cabo flowers and Dj ricardo. Both have very good reviews. Good luck!
      Staying at...RIU PALACE LOS CABOS

(Reception at the Westin Los Cabos)55 Guests attending

#3 Leia78

Leia78
      • VIP Member
      • 2,459 posts

Posted 21 May 2008 - 10:58 PM

Seems like you have your wedding planned! I don't think you need to hire a WC just for that reason. I hired them too and didn't sign a contract. But I did hire them thru Maye...

#4 salomeh

salomeh
        • 104 posts

Posted 21 May 2008 - 11:20 PM

DJ Ricardo seems very popular with Cabo brides. I just emailed him to find out his rates. Thanks ladies.

As far as your flowers. Did you like their work? Were their prices reasonable?

#5 Ana

Ana

VIP Member

• VIP Member
          • 8,047 posts
          • Wedding Date:April 1, 2009
          • Wedding Location:Dreams Cabo
          • LocationToronto

Posted 22 May 2008 - 12:55 AM

we booked dj ricardo too :) Also I booked Lunas de Fuego on my own, and just had Maye contact them after they had already secured a rate with me directly. I don't think you need a wc, we got one just because on the wedding day itself I didn't want to have to be in charge of anything.

#6 TammyWright

TammyWright

Admin & Owner

• Administrators
          • 11,659 posts
          • Wedding Location:Dreams Los Cabos

Posted 22 May 2008 - 01:02 AM

Hi Salomeh,

i was going to say that just have the WC at dreams follow up.

tammy

Founder and Owner of BestDestinationWedding.com  /  Bride & Groom Fly FREE Promotion

Looking for a travel agency that specializes in Destination Weddings-CLICK HERE?  We are an award winning travel agency and you can read our reviews here.

Awards and recognition: 
          Palace Resorts Winner "Top Travel Agent", "Top Homebased Travel Agency" PRO Platinum Agency (Top Award)     |    AMResorts Master Agent & Top Agency  
          Karisma Hotels Diamond Level 5 (highest production), Top 10 Azul Weddings, Top Wedding Coordinator | Wright Travel & Karisma GIVC Benefits
          Travel Impressions Best of the Best Globe Winner    |     Apple Vacations Golden Apple Winner  
          sml_gallery_206696_17612_13451.pnggallery_206696_17572_8409.jpg    sml_gallery_206696_17572_1003.jpg
          Vendor rules are HERE! Please read!  If you are a vendor and looking to advertise your business, please email ads@bestdestinationwedding.com.

#7 salomeh

salomeh
          • 104 posts

Posted 22 May 2008 - 02:06 AM

Quote:
            Originally Posted by Ana
            we booked dj ricardo too :) Also I booked Lunas de Fuego on my own, and just had Maye contact them after they had already secured a rate with me directly. I don't think you need a wc, we got one just because on the wedding day itself I didn't want to have to be in charge of anything.
            I heard back from DJ Ricardo. He quoted me $225/hour. I guess that's pretty standard. I am going to book him....I think.

Ana, I remember you telling me you were only using Maye for the day of your wedding. Do you mind me asking how much she charging you for the day? I think you told me but I have lost track of numbers during the entire wedding planning process.

#8 dinogomez.com

dinogomez.com
            • 5,705 posts

Posted 22 May 2008 - 11:54 AM

They are all wonderful vendors! Congratulations!!!

#9 Ana

Ana

VIP Member

• VIP Member
              • 8,047 posts
              • Wedding Date:April 1, 2009
              • Wedding Location:Dreams Cabo
              • LocationToronto

Posted 22 May 2008 - 06:13 PM

Quote:
              Originally Posted by salomeh
              I heard back from DJ Ricardo. He quoted me $225/hour. I guess that's pretty standard. I am going to book him....I think.

Ana, I remember you telling me you were only using Maye for the day of your wedding. Do you mind me asking how much she charging you for the day? I think you told me but I have lost track of numbers during the entire wedding planning process.
              Um I can't remember the exact amount...I have to check my spreadsheet at home but I think its about $1250. :) I'm losing track of everything...even my mind apparently ha ha!

#10 salomeh

salomeh
              • 104 posts

Posted 22 May 2008 - 07:16 PM

Quote:
                Originally Posted by Ana
                Um I can't remember the exact amount...I have to check my spreadsheet at home but I think its about $1250. :) I'm losing track of everything...even my mind apparently ha ha!
                You are right! She emailed me today. It's $1250 plus 10% tax. It has been pretty easy to book all my vendors on my own so far but I am worried about the day of. I feel like it's going to be so stressful and I am not sure I can handle the extra stress of making sure all my vendors are paid and on time.

I need to decide soon if I am going to use her!

Thanks for your help!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users