12 replies to this topic

#11 jajajaja

jajajaja
  • VIP Member
  • 9,794 posts

Posted 23 May 2008 - 12:50 PM

Quote:
    Originally Posted by July09
    I used to work up on Mackinac Island in Michigan. While it isn't Hawaii, it is a very beautiful place and there are tons of hotels and restaurants and bars and things to do. No cars. Only bicycles and horse drawn wagons/carriages and lots and lots of boats.
    Oooh my. That sounds fantastic. How cute!
    Happily married since 2008

#12 Hartyt509

Hartyt509
    • 2,262 posts

Posted 23 May 2008 - 02:03 PM

Take some time to really think about what you and FI want, you don't want to re-arrange and then find out FI is really miserable about it. I know its hard which is why you should stop, seriously think about it and then make a decision.

Also why don't you as your mum her thoughts as you may find she will be gutted if you don't stick to what you had your heart set on.

#13 Jen_S

Jen_S
      • 3,737 posts

Posted 23 May 2008 - 09:50 PM

I am so sorry to hear about loss, especially your father so close to your wedding. I lost mine not too long ago it will take some time but with the support of your family and FI it will help.

Maybe take a bit of time talk to the guests that you really would like to have there and see what they could afford (I am sure they all could use a vacation). I really wanted certain people to attend our DW so we asked them what they could afford then selected a resort that fit everyone's needs. I am sure your FI will change the location to marry you! Then you can always have a anniv. or honeymoon in Hawaii. Good Luck on your decision!!
        Our Honeymoon In Ireland!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users