Photo

Catholic Ceremonies

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Hot Pink Petticoat

Hot Pink Petticoat
  • 6 posts

Posted 21 May 2008 - 09:25 PM

Hey there, wondering if anyone can tell me ....

1) are there restrictions (that you know of) where Catholic ceremonies cannot be done? ie certain days of the week, b/c you're not local etc??

2) is it true you can get married then come home and get the certificate blessed?

Any info re this is most appreciated

Thanks

#2 starchild

starchild

• Moderators
    • 26,161 posts

Posted 22 May 2008 - 03:01 AM

Hi :)

1) are there restrictions (that you know of) where Catholic ceremonies cannot be done? ie certain days of the week, b/c you're not local etc??
      ~ Do you mean in another country? I guess that would depend where you are going.

2) is it true you can get married then come home and get the certificate blessed?
      ~ You can always have a Catholic ceremony in addition to a civil one, even years down the line. The prerequisites are the same and are best discussed with your priest, but it is totally possible.

I think years ago the terminology was to have your marriage "blessed", my mom still uses that term. But the Pastor we worked with said that it isn't a blessing, it is a Catholic wedding. As far as the church is concerned the only wedding that counts/matters is the Catholic one.

So even if you have already had a civil or secular wedding, anything you do marriage-wise with the Catholic church after that is still a wedding, not a blessing or renewal or anything like that...at least that's what ours said!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users