Still Issues with PhotoSouvenir!!!

I'm seriously about to freakin cry, this is crazy!! Photosouvenir is saying they straightened everything out with the big owners (AmResorts) and they are allowed to enter Dreams PC, as a matter of fact they are shooting a wedding there this coming Friday. But Ive emailed my WC several times asking if this issue has been straightened out and didnt get a reply from her until today finally and this what she says:

"PhotoSouvenir is not allowed to enter the property of Dreams Punta Cana Hotel. Also, I explained to you that we have a very professional team of photographers working with us with years of experience working with weddings." wtf.gif

I dont want to threaten them by saying I will speak with their corporate office, etc bc I dont want any bad vibes between us...but I want the truth basically. Maybe the WC didnt get the memo, maybe they are still playing games with PhotoSouvenir, maybe I'm losing my mind...I dont know. This was the most affordable way for us to have a photographer, a decent one at that. Sorry guys for venting...this just has been going on for way too long now and I am at a loss.

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Your definatley not losing your mind!! Here's the email we received from Severine last week:

hi,

We ahve a wedding there next week so I will let you know if something happens. There is no problem about the deposit. If we cancel because of an issue with them, we will give you the money back. No problem about that. I will have the 2009 prices ready by the end of the week and will get back to you.We have the authorization to enter the resort from the vice president of AMresort in writing but there is still one person who has a personal issue with me. I had a little confrontation with him when he threw us out without any previous notice after 5 years of excellent service and all this because of money. I don't think he will do anything after all what happened but I will let you know in advance if there is a problem. Have a good day.

severine

But we still havn't heard back from our WC there, and we have emailed her several times over the last month...This is beginning to become a real pain, and makes us seriously consider choosing another resort!! Starting to get a little ticked off with Dreams right now!!!!!!!

I hope things work out for you both. I am using Severine as well but at another resort in the Punta Cana area.

I would contact the vice president and get the facts. If they say that Severine is allowed on the property, I would get it in writing from them as well so you can forward it to the WC and take it with you to the resort when you go. That way you have something to go on if there is a problem.

Wow, that sucks. Have you tried calling your WC and talking to her? There is always room for miscommunication on the resorts end. You know, 'he says, she says'. I know you want to get this part of the planning over and done with, especially if you have to unforutanely find an alternate.

Hopefully it gets worked out and you can use them, but defitenly get it in writing (with a signature if possible)! Keep us posted.

I would contact the vp since that is who Severine spoke with and I would also ask her to send me a copy of the letter the vp gave her so you could reference that when you speak with him/her. This is definitely crazy and I can understand your frustration.

I don't blame you at all for being upset. I've seen PhotoSouvenir's work and it's beautiful. And for you not to be able to have the wedding photogs that you want, is frickin ridiculous. If your willing to pay the day pass, than Dreams should get over their issues, it's your wedding. Dreams is being very unprofessional.

I can't get over, how your still having this problem. I feel so bad for you. Hopefully Severine has no problem at her wedding this week and you'll get good news.

Thanks ladies...I fwd my email from the WC to Severine and asked her for the name of the person whom she got authorization from and I am waiting to hear back from her. I really need to get to the bottom of this like right now bc its just frustrating. I have 28 ppl booked at Dreams (so far, estimating 40-50ppl) )so I cant just up and leave the resort. Keeping my fingers crossed and saying a big prayer that everything will be worked out. I have the general managers email at Dreams PC also, once I hear from Severine I will shoot him an email as well to find out whats the scoop...I have also sent an email to corporate to ask to speak to someone in regards to this resort. I will def. keep you ladies posted. Wish me luck sad.gif

That is crazy waht they are doing.

I understand them not wanting to lose business but they are already making tons of money off your wedding by having guests stay there and the costs of your wedding.

It's up to the bride & groom's discretion as to who they want to come photograph them.

Not sure why but your WC sounds like a total meanie!

So this what PhotoSuvenir replies:

"I am lost too. We got an email from the vice president saying tha we were allowed to enter any of their property. We have a wedding today so I will let you know what is happening. These people are driving me crazy. I will send you the emails by tomorrow. Have a good day.

severine"