Blackout in my 'hood!!

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 LadyCheese

• 1,830 posts

Posted 21 May 2008 - 08:59 PM

So I come home from work around quarter to seven to discover that there is a blackout in my neighborhood (dont know how many were affected yet). I usually shoot upstairs to my computer to check emails and of course log on to BDW...but not today. Its actually crazy how we take things such as electricity for granted (well i do anyway)...I almost didnt know what to do, no tv, no pc, no lights....agghhh!!! However, it turned out better than I expected...my mom and I got a nice opportunity to just sit and talk. and she told me many stories of her childhood where for many, many years they had no electricity, let alone televisions!! They were poor and living in the country sections of Puerto Rico. It really put some things into perspective for me. The blackout lasted a little under two hours and it was a nice retreat from the everyday bustle............but I'm glad to back on here!!

#2 Jessica

• VIP Member
    • 11,939 posts

Posted 21 May 2008 - 09:21 PM

Aww, that is really nice. It is good to take a break from all the superficial stuff we fill our lives with.

I usually freak out when there's a blackout. I'm so technology dependent. Recently our water was turned off for awhile while a broken pipe was fixed. I got all dramatic like I was going to die. Brian turns to me and says "You know Jessica, for some people running water is a luxary. You can survive without it for a few hours."

I am so spoiled

#3 Saraha

• 2,597 posts

Posted 21 May 2008 - 09:27 PM

Yikes that stinks at least you got to have a little one on one time with mom!

#4 nikkianddean

• 1,881 posts

Posted 21 May 2008 - 10:07 PM

that's so sweet that you got to have 1-on-1 time with your mom How did you live without BDW for 2 hours!!!

Mr. & Mrs. C
          February 14, 2009

#5 Yari

• VIP Member
          • 10,928 posts

Posted 21 May 2008 - 10:09 PM

That is so cool you had one one one time with you mom.

We definitely take electricity for granted. I get scared when there's a blackout, especially when I'm alone.

#6 Sandra E.

Sandra E.
            • 2,183 posts

Posted 22 May 2008 - 01:17 AM

I love one-on-ones with my Mom, I treasure those moments. I'm glad you got to spend special time with your Mom.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users