Photo

open seating plan??

• Please log in to reply
32 replies to this topic

#11 EricaG

EricaG
  • 1,915 posts

Posted 22 May 2008 - 04:33 AM

I have only been to one wedding that had a seating plan, all the other ones were open seating. I have never seen any problems with the open seating myself, and Iif I have gone with a group of us that wanted to sit together, we always make sure to get there in time to get a spot together without messing thing up for others.

In the end, I think it depends on how many people are going and the mixture of people that are going.

I have decided not to do a seating plan for the DW, and if both my FI parents attend, I figure they are old enough to sit at separate tables if they don't want to sit together.
    http://i141.photobuc....DSC_0038-1.jpghttp://i141.photobuc....DSC_0463-1.jpg
    My wedding review of the Grand Palladium Palace, Punta Cana, Dominican Republic
    http://bestdestinati...om/forum/t35125

Our Professional Wedding and TTD Pictures by Photo Souvenirhttp:...

#12 Jen_S

Jen_S
    • 3,737 posts

Posted 22 May 2008 - 04:40 AM

I like the idea we are going to have about 50 - 60 people so I am not sure we will be able to do it.
      Our Honeymoon In Ireland!!

#13 Maybride09

Maybride09
      • 6 posts

Posted 22 May 2008 - 09:18 AM

we are having about 150 people

#14 Copita

Copita
        • 979 posts

Posted 22 May 2008 - 09:53 AM

Do whatever you feel is best. It's your big day!

#15 DanielleNDerek

DanielleNDerek
          • VIP Member
          • 18,452 posts

Posted 22 May 2008 - 10:02 AM

my fsil's dw, she didn't have assigned seating and it worked out great. I think i am just because some of my fam doesn't get along so good, so i'm trying to keep them seperated. i'm only having about 32 people there.
            ***Married November 6, 2008***Gavin Born February 28th, 2010***
            Paradisus Palma Real Wedding Review
            Our Professional Wedding Pictures on Snapfish

#16 nikkianddean

nikkianddean
            • 1,881 posts

Posted 22 May 2008 - 10:20 AM

Quote:
              Originally Posted by amyh
              Our guest count jumped from 154 to about 175 this past week, and I keep having to re-arrange the tables.
              WOW!!! that's impressive for a destination wedding!!!
              http://i264.photobuc....h/IMG_1002.jpg

Mr. & Mrs. C
              February 14, 2009

#17 MARIOLA

MARIOLA
              • 91 posts

Posted 22 May 2008 - 10:51 AM

Quote:
                Originally Posted by Morgan
                There is always just an assigned table for the bridal party. It works out fine & eliminates a lot of work.

I agree...and personally, I don't like when I go to a wedding, & there's an assigned seat...I like to sit where I want to sit...

#18 rodent

rodent

VIP Member

• VIP Member
                • 18,759 posts

Posted 22 May 2008 - 10:56 AM

Quote:
                  Originally Posted by MARIOLA
                  I agree...and personally, I don't like when I go to a wedding, & there's an assigned seat...I like to sit where I want to sit...
                  I don't dislike assigned seating. I've just never done it. but, I've never had an issue with not having a seat assigned. I usually don't stay in my seat long anyway.

#19 Christine

Christine
                  • VIP Member
                  • 21,514 posts
                  • Wedding Date:July 20, 2007
                  • Wedding Location:Napa, California
                  • LocationReno, NV

Posted 22 May 2008 - 10:57 AM

Quote:
                  Originally Posted by Maybride09
                  we are having about 150 people
                  okay in that case you need to have at least tables assigned probably. That's what I did. I did table names and then assigned people to specific tables just for dinner and dessert, after that people were free to roam.
                  You don't have to assign them a specific seat but giving them a table to sit at is nice in my opinion. We had a lot of divorce issues that made this necessary for us, but if you think everyone wouldn't mind sitting with others and no one will somehow get left out then I say go for the open plan.

Also its fun to come up with table names based on your personalities or wedding theme (since we were in Napa, we had a survey on our website with everyone's fav. wineries and named the tables after those wineries-we also made an attempt to sit people at the table with their winery)
                  Christine + Will (married 7/20/07) + Ainsleigh (born 6/25/08) + Nolan (born 11/9/10) + Delaney (born 12/31/13) = One Very Happy Family!

#20 meltanirie

meltanirie
                  • 283 posts

Posted 22 May 2008 - 11:41 AM

Not sure what I am doing either. I have about 50-75 people so I may have to do the seating plan although I hear from past brides that it's a pain. I guess it also depends on the people you have at the wedding too...who can't get along etc...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users