open seating plan??

• Please log in to reply
32 replies to this topic

#11 EricaG

• 1,915 posts

Posted 22 May 2008 - 04:33 AM

I have only been to one wedding that had a seating plan, all the other ones were open seating. I have never seen any problems with the open seating myself, and Iif I have gone with a group of us that wanted to sit together, we always make sure to get there in time to get a spot together without messing thing up for others.

In the end, I think it depends on how many people are going and the mixture of people that are going.

I have decided not to do a seating plan for the DW, and if both my FI parents attend, I figure they are old enough to sit at separate tables if they don't want to sit together.
    My wedding review of the Grand Palladium Palace, Punta Cana, Dominican Republic

Our Professional Wedding and TTD Pictures by Photo Souvenirhttp:...

#12 Jen_S

• 3,737 posts

Posted 22 May 2008 - 04:40 AM

I like the idea we are going to have about 50 - 60 people so I am not sure we will be able to do it.
      Our Honeymoon In Ireland!!

#13 Maybride09

• 6 posts

Posted 22 May 2008 - 09:18 AM

we are having about 150 people

#14 Copita

• 979 posts

Posted 22 May 2008 - 09:53 AM

Do whatever you feel is best. It's your big day!

#15 DanielleNDerek

• VIP Member
          • 18,452 posts

Posted 22 May 2008 - 10:02 AM

my fsil's dw, she didn't have assigned seating and it worked out great. I think i am just because some of my fam doesn't get along so good, so i'm trying to keep them seperated. i'm only having about 32 people there.
            ***Married November 6, 2008***Gavin Born February 28th, 2010***
            Paradisus Palma Real Wedding Review
            Our Professional Wedding Pictures on Snapfish

#16 nikkianddean

• 1,881 posts

Posted 22 May 2008 - 10:20 AM

Originally Posted by amyh
              Our guest count jumped from 154 to about 175 this past week, and I keep having to re-arrange the tables.
              WOW!!! that's impressive for a destination wedding!!!

Mr. & Mrs. C
              February 14, 2009

#17 MARIOLA

• 91 posts

Posted 22 May 2008 - 10:51 AM

Originally Posted by Morgan
                There is always just an assigned table for the bridal party. It works out fine & eliminates a lot of work.

I agree...and personally, I don't like when I go to a wedding, & there's an assigned seat...I like to sit where I want to sit...

#18 rodent

VIP Member

• VIP Member
                • 18,759 posts

Posted 22 May 2008 - 10:56 AM

Originally Posted by MARIOLA
                  I agree...and personally, I don't like when I go to a wedding, & there's an assigned seat...I like to sit where I want to sit...
                  I don't dislike assigned seating. I've just never done it. but, I've never had an issue with not having a seat assigned. I usually don't stay in my seat long anyway.

#19 Christine

• VIP Member
                  • 21,514 posts
                  • Wedding Date:July 20, 2007
                  • Wedding Location:Napa, California
                  • LocationReno, NV

Posted 22 May 2008 - 10:57 AM

Originally Posted by Maybride09
                  we are having about 150 people
                  okay in that case you need to have at least tables assigned probably. That's what I did. I did table names and then assigned people to specific tables just for dinner and dessert, after that people were free to roam.
                  You don't have to assign them a specific seat but giving them a table to sit at is nice in my opinion. We had a lot of divorce issues that made this necessary for us, but if you think everyone wouldn't mind sitting with others and no one will somehow get left out then I say go for the open plan.

Also its fun to come up with table names based on your personalities or wedding theme (since we were in Napa, we had a survey on our website with everyone's fav. wineries and named the tables after those wineries-we also made an attempt to sit people at the table with their winery)
                  Christine + Will (married 7/20/07) + Ainsleigh (born 6/25/08) + Nolan (born 11/9/10) + Delaney (born 12/31/13) = One Very Happy Family!

#20 meltanirie

• 283 posts

Posted 22 May 2008 - 11:41 AM

Not sure what I am doing either. I have about 50-75 people so I may have to do the seating plan although I hear from past brides that it's a pain. I guess it also depends on the people you have at the wedding too...who can't get along etc...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users