Can you help me find this dress?

• Please log in to reply
39 replies to this topic

#1 Nrvsbride

• 5,248 posts

Posted 21 May 2008 - 03:17 PM

Hi girls. Some of you may recall this dress that Katherine Heigel wore to the Emmy's. It's Zac Posen and its called the Ottoman Dress. Apparently he only made a limited amount of dresses so I can't buy it anywhere. There is this company that makes a similar version. However, they have to custom make it and I'm scared it won't be here on time for when I get married. I asked if they can do rush order and they can't. Can anyone help me find an imitation of this dress or something similar? I'm not picky.

Click the image to open in full size.

Click the image to open in full size.

#2 Christine

• VIP Member
    • 21,514 posts
    • Wedding Date:July 20, 2007
    • Wedding Location:Napa, California
    • LocationReno, NV

Posted 21 May 2008 - 03:21 PM

oh that is really pretty, I like it. I will have to look around for you.
    Christine + Will (married 7/20/07) + Ainsleigh (born 6/25/08) + Nolan (born 11/9/10) + Delaney (born 12/31/13) = One Very Happy Family!

#3 Nrvsbride

• 5,248 posts

Posted 21 May 2008 - 03:23 PM

Ok so I just read that Zac Posen made a limited edition of the dress in black and red for Target in Australia. Lucky Australia girls. There is a girl selling it on ebay but its red!

I think this company that makes the knock off is my only shot. Darnit! Unless of course some girl bought the knock-off and is selling it.

#4 Hartyt509

• 2,262 posts

Posted 21 May 2008 - 03:45 PM

Can you not take the pic to a really good dressmaker and ask her to knock you one up

#5 Sandra E.

Sandra E.
        • 2,183 posts

Posted 21 May 2008 - 03:47 PM

Originally Posted by Hartyt509
          Can you not take the pic to a really good dressmaker and ask her to knock you one up
          That's what I was thinking, have someone make it for you.

#6 Maura

VIP Member

• VIP Member
          • 5,752 posts
          • Wedding Location:Westin Los Cabos

Posted 21 May 2008 - 03:52 PM

oh you never showed me the katherine heigl dress that was the original! i love it!

i'm trying to work some magic to see if i can find something similar... in the meantime can you get recommendations from NY people on a dress maker who might be able to make it for you from scratch? only problem with having a dress made for you though is that it can be really pricey. another bride from this forum who's no longer an active member had her dress custom made and it was really simple, but still cost about $1250

#7 Alyssa

• 11,793 posts

Posted 21 May 2008 - 04:03 PM

getting a dress custom made can be quite expensive and you may not have enough time for all the fittings

#8 Amy&Andy

• VIP Member
            • 3,405 posts

Posted 21 May 2008 - 04:08 PM

Wow, that is really gorgeous. I think you should definitely search your little heart out trying to get that dress! It would look so fabulous.

#9 ACDCDCAC

• Moderators
              • 25,218 posts
              • Wedding Location:Santa Maria Bay Beach, Cabo San Lucas, BCS, Mexico
              • LocationSeattle

Posted 21 May 2008 - 04:12 PM

ooh glenda! it's sooo pretty! i hope someone can find it for you, i'm horrible at dress hunting

#10 Heidi

• 2,642 posts

Posted 21 May 2008 - 04:14 PM

ooo, I LOVE it!! hope you can find something similar!
                Married April 4, 2008 at the Riu Ocho Rios!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users