Negotiating with WC at Paradisus PC?

Hello!

I just found out that the date I want to have my wedding in 2009 is available! I am so excited... cheer2.gif

In any case, have any past or present Paradisus PC brides have experience with negotiating rates with the WC? I received the "Calculator" from the hotel, and am wondering if these prices are set in stone. I would love to have the fireworks show, but not sure if I am willing to spend $2k for 3 minutes!!!

Just thought I would get everyoneâ€s feedback.

Also, what kind of group rates/discounts did the hotel give you?

Thanks!

Raquel

I haven't tried negotiating any prices, mainly because we decided to go with one of the designer wedding packages (the Chill Out Chic). It fit our budget and number of guests well, and includes basically everything we need.

As far as group rates, I chose to go through a travel agent. She discouraged "group rates" since you are locked into a certain number of rooms whether you get that number of people or not. One thing I have learned is that you will probably have less people than you think. Initially, a ton of folks said they would come, but as it's gotten closer lots have decided not to go or just not booked.

Our TA works through American Express travel and the rates she has gotten us are pretty good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by raquelmaddox1 View Post
Hello!

I just found out that the date I want to have my wedding in 2009 is available! I am so excited... cheer2.gif

In any case, have any past or present Paradisus PC brides have experience with negotiating rates with the WC? I received the "Calculator" from the hotel, and am wondering if these prices are set in stone. I would love to have the fireworks show, but not sure if I am willing to spend $2k for 3 minutes!!!

Just thought I would get everyoneâ€s feedback.

Also, what kind of group rates/discounts did the hotel give you?

Thanks!
Raquel
Congratulations on picking your resort! I am torn right now between the Paradisus and the RIU Palace! smile105.gif

Any who...I am going through a travel agent and I asked her to find me some prices. Below is her message. I hope it helps you out! smile36.gif

Here's a price grid for both of the Paradisus resorts in Punta Cana. I wasn't sure which resort you are most interested in.

There are 3 Royal Service Suites at Palma Real and 5 Royal Service Suites at Punta Cana. These prices are based on travel this year for 7 nights with 2 people in the room and include all taxes and roundtrip airport transfers. I would anticipate maybe a 10% increase for next year, if that much. Airfare will be approximately $621 per person for an instant purchase, nonrefundable fare. We may be able to get a package rate of about $800 per person that does not require payment at the time of booking so we could hold it until after the first of the year when guests are ready to pay for their flights and lock in a lower rate later on. We can't actually book or price the flights until 331 days prior to travel, so the earliest date will be early September.

Paradisus Palma Real Resort (5 stars)

Total 7 Nights

1 Deluxe Gardenview Suite 520sf $3,104
2 Regal Oceanview Jacuzzi Suite 520sf $3,628
3 Luxury Gardenview Jacuzzi Jr Suite 560sf $3,804
4 Imperial Romance Oceanview Jacuzzi Suite 520sf $3,892
5 1 BR Gardenview Master Suite w/jacuzzi 815sf $4,942
6 1 BR Oceanview Master Suite w/jacuzzi 815sf $5,204
7 2 Bedroom Gardenview Master Suite 1375sf (#3+5)

Royal Service:
8 Royal Service Deluxe Gardenview Suite 560sf $3,979
9 Royal Service Regal Oceanview Suite 560sf $4,592
10 Royal Service Imperial Oceanfront Suite 560sf $4,942

Family Concierge:
11 Family Concierge Luxury Suite 560sf $3,978
12 Family Concierge 1 BR Gdnvw Master Suite 815sf$5,116
13 Family Concierge 1 BR Oceanview Master 815sf $6,778
14 Family Concierge 2 BR Gdnvw Master Suite 1375sf (#11+12) $9,572

Paradisus Punta Cana (4 stars)
1 Deluxe Gardenview Junior Suite 504sf $2,334
2 Deluxe Junior Suite Gardenview w/Jacuzzi 504sf $2,508

Royal Service:
3 Royal Service Deluxe Gardenview Jr Suite 504sf $3,296
4 Royal Service Reg Oceanview Jacuzzi Suite 560sf $4,102
5 Royal Service Imp Oceanfront Jacuzzi Suite 560sf $4,452
6 Royal Service Ambassador Oceanvw Suite 1073sf $8,792
7 Royal Service Garden Villa w/private pool 1300sf $15,706

The Reserve:
8 Luxury Junior Suite w/jacuzzi 609sf $2,946
9 1 BR Gardenview Master Suite 885sf $3,822
10 2 BR Gardenview Master Suite 1494sf (#8+9) $7,286

i booked through liberty travel, not sure if you have on of them near you. I'm getting married at the Palma Real and the prices that liberty travel got me were lower than what the group rates were. So you should check out both rates. For my dates, i'm going in November so i think that's off season. for 7 nights at the Palma Real my guests are paying a little over $2100. What date are you looking for? You might want to look into a different date to get lower prices, just a though.

We negotaited a lot of things. (search for my recent threads with my review, etc). I have posted a lot of info in them, but post additional questions here that aren't answered in those threads and I'll check back to give you my two-cents.

I am getting married on July 4th this year at the Paradisus . So far the WC has been awesome and answers all my emails - I have the calculator as well and so far she has not been able to cut a break on anything, including the fireworks (which annoys me a little) but I have to say , she has been consistent with me and answers all my email in a timely fashion). so, it is what it is, I will let you know how it all comes together when I get there. So far I haven't read a bad review yet on a wedding at this resort! I am however, saving all my emails and holding them to whatever we agree upon before I get there!