Moon Palace 2008 & 2009 Brides - POST HERE!

I don't think anyone from my group brought converters and everything seemed to be fine. I heard of no fiascos!

We went to Chichen Itza, but it was at the Excellence during our honeymoon, so we paid. Honey's right, it is super hot. It did not rain while were were there - I was sort of praying for it to though! It was really hot, but I think it was worth it. After a while, I was so excited by the ruins that I didn't really feel too hot anymore. Right before you go in, there are a few little shops where you can get big liters of cold cold water for 2 bucks a bottle - Matt and I each bought one and we were fine. I'd highly recommend seeing it though - it was awesome!

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Quote:
Originally Posted by nibsmom View Post
We went to Chichen Itza, ...... I'd highly recommend seeing it though - it was awesome!
I second this.... Tulum is also really good.

Nina, I can't wait to see photos. Have you received your pro pics yet?

Eureaka and Mrs. Gin, Good luck on your trip down and on Saturday!! I wish you both all the best! Are you gals taking your laptops so you can keep us somewhat updated?? That is hard as the week gets going. I think I was really good the first couple days but once guests started arriving on Thursday, I don't think I touched the laptop until Sunday or Monday. One good thing though, we were able to catch some people as they were leaving to download their photos. I am still trying to scrounge the others up cause I know there are some good ones out there. Also, I think the internet speed is faster by the pool than in the room cause I was putting up photos on Facebook while I was sitting under a cabana, sipping a Havana Club Mojito, at the pool.

One last thing I think I haven't mentioned before. Ask for Call drinks. When you ask for a generic drink (i.e. rum/coke, mojito, vodka/grapefruit), they give you a splash of liquor...... If you ask for a call (i.e. Havana Club/coke, Havana Club Mojito, or Absolute/grapefruit), they pour some liquor into that drink. ;-D (important info to remember and to pass on to your guests - this was one of the first things we told ours after the big HELLO hugs and all)

Tina- Thanks for the tip on the dranks. :) I'll make sure to pass it on to those deserving of a little extra. :)

I just about had a total meltdown today- it seems as though all of my best-laid plans are going haywire this week.

I'm going to use this forum to vent, if you all don't mind. cheesy.gif (That way FI doesn't have to hear ALL of my upsetness when he gets home, or at least not as much)

First, my laptop (with all of my iTunes playlists for the wedding, AND my Ceremony wording I still have to submit) crashes. Completely. Just refuses to turn on. And, like the technological genius I am, of COURSE I don't have anything backed up. Fabulous. The computer is still down as of this moment.

Then, my iPod goes on the fritz. Just stops working. (This is same day, mind you.) Thank GOD it's back to working now, but it still doesn't have all of my playlists on it yet.

So, I'm on the phone with Technical Support for my laptop, trying to use FI's laptop to get a file update from the internet and connect it to the broken one. Of course, what happens? Mid-download, FI's laptop crashes, too!!! Just refuses to turn on. Again.

So then... luckily we have an internet cafe at our apartment complex, so off I go to use THEIR computers now. The complex uses little key fobs with sensors inside to let you into all the common areas. Yep, you guessed it, of course... my key fob doesn't work. This is the second time this has happened with this little gadget. Fixing this takes another hour up at the front office.

On top of all the lovely technical issues... FI just tels me today that we will have to leave on Monday, rather than extending our trip to Wednesday like we (I) had wanted. So, pretty much no honeymoon. I'm a little dissappointed, but still not going crazy. Yet.

What really pushed me over the edge... when I finally check my e-mail, the Photog we were going to book (who'll remain nameless for the moment) tells me that because we can't book them a room for just one night at the Moon Palace (they told us we had to book a 3-night minimum), they refuse to deal with the whole "day-pass" situation since they apparently did that in the past and had a bad experience with Moon Palace. So, essentially they won't do our wedding anymore since we can't book them a room for the night.

That's when I just lost it and let myself cry it out a little.

At this point, I'm just waiting to get hit by lightning. sad.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by TinaM2b View Post

Nina, I can't wait to see photos. Have you received your pro pics yet?
Oy vey! Both Misti and Claudia told us 30 days for our pro pics. I'm dying with excitement to see them!! Luckily, work has been crazy busy hectic since I got back, so I haven't been able to dwell on it too much. We got our video in the mail yesterday though, so I'm waiting for Matt to wake up so we can watch it. Unfortunately, no ring bowl in the package. Wahhh.

pyxystyx, I'm sorry to hear about all your tech problems!!! I'm sure you'll get it worked out. Maybe this is a job you can pass on to FI and tell him he needs to fix it, since it's stressing you out so bad and you probably have other things to do anyways!

And, maybe since you have to come back early, this means you get to take a longer honeymoon later this year or next summer! Hello, more vacation!!!

pyxystyx, We will hear your vents! Sorry it is all hitting at once. Tequila works really well!!! HA! My now DH had me do several shots at differnent times the week before leaving. (just remember- shoot GOOD tequila - We keep Patron or Don Julio around for those occasions)

Nina had a good suggestion, put FI or someone in charge of it so it is off your plate. As far as the photographer, sorry to hear that. Is there anyway to get them for several days to save this situation. They told us we had a three night minimum but one of our guests was able to get a two night stay booking through our TA. It may be worth it to double check on this and book the night before and night after the wedding if you can squeeze an extra night into your budget.

Nina, Hopefully, you will get them sooner than that! Glad you got the video. I hope you enjoy yours as much as we enjoyed ours. We really enjoyed it. They only missed one thing I wish they had of captured at the very beginning but overall, we loved ours. I especially liked the photoshoot part of it.

Hi everyone! We have arrived!!!! We got here yesterday (Wednesday) and everything is going well! The trip here was pretty smooth. Our flight was actually overbooked (way to go US Air....that's what they get for combining two flights into one) so I was a little nervous about the dress. Once I got on (after already being told I had to store it overhead with the luggage) the flight attendant asked if I wanted to put it in the closet. It was a shorter closet, so I had to fold it in half, but I was still much happier putting it there. We also put FI suit in there so it worked! Airport here was a breeze - we both got the green light and as Tina said about her trip, OFF WE WENT! Traffic Tours was probably the easiest transfer we've ever had. About a 4 minute wait and we had our own car to take us. Very nice. We are staying in the Grand and the rooms are BEAUTIFUL and huge!! I highly recommend staying here for future brides. Just a FYI - no ocean views unless you get a larger suite. This isn't a big deal for us considering we will be swimming overlooking the ocean for hours :)

We also had our meeting yesterday with Margarita. Things went pretty smoothly. One interesting thing I learned....they have a steamer in the wedding office! I was told that my dress was only to be steamed here (it was pressed at home with a special machine and will melt if it's not done correctly...yikes!) so they offered their steamer for my use for free. I will have to do it myself, but this way I won't be worrying about someone messing it up. We also decided not to use to their iPod set up. With Tina's troubles, combined with the fact that they would charge us 2 hours even though we only want it for the cocktail hour... we felt this would be better. We used the free calls to call home and my mom is now bringing our personal docking station. It will not be super loud, but it will be fine for us. Something for future brides to think about if you are using the restaurant reservation for dinner instead of a private reception. Every time we save $$$ here, it's another thing I can purchase for our AHR! Whoohoo!! Speaking of which, glad to hear you girls like your DVD's. We decided to purchase this and have a flat screen set up at our AHR for guests to view it. :)

Only one thing I'm not super happy about...and I knew this awhile ago so it's not surprising... The photography packages do not offer anything for just a CD purchase or CD and prints. We do not want an album, but no other choice is left for us unless we only want 15-25 pictures. This would not be enough. We are planning to take these pictures, combine them with our AHR, and create a coffee table book with all of our wedding memories. Hopefully the CD pictures are formatted in a way that we will be able to do so!

Alrighty, I've been laying in our comfy bed, watching random American channels, and playing on the computer for long enough!!! It's time for breakfast, blood tests, and POOL!!!!

Congratulations on your smooth trip!! Enjoy every moment of your time there!! Isn't it amazing!

We had the Deluxe Package which included about 200 shots and small album with 36 prints. We upgraded that to the next larger package for $200. I am glad we did!! We got almost 500 jpeg shots and a larger album with larger prints. It was nice to come back and be able to share them right away.

Tina- I am waiting for my pics to arrive, I asked my WC to email me the tracking number as soon as she sent it last week, but that didn't happen. Have you heard how long it takes to arrive? I mean, I paid $65 for it to be sent so it better get here soon! (they were supposed to be ready and shipped last Thursday)

Hey guys, thanks for the additional support! And Tina, great suggestion... I think we just may end up doing some shots of Patron right before we leave.

So, my computer is BACK! cheesy.gif I think technology and me are just not destined to be friends. Ever.

On that note, I think we are still going to do the iPod set-up, but only at our Reception and then we're talking about bringing our own docking station like yours, Eureaka, for the cocktail hour. You're right, they wanted to charge like $200-something, for one hour(?). But I've spent so much time on these playlists, I'm not about to just hand over my music control to just anyone. :)

And Nibsmom, you're right, I've resolved that we can always take another vacation later. I told FI I was just a little sad we won't have any "alone" time together as Mr. and Mrs. there, since a lot of our guests are staying even a few days longer than us. But, que sera, sera. :)

I just picked up my finished dress today, and am SO excited, it's perfect! But, it's a little bigger than I thought it would be hanging in the bag. : / I'm nervous about not having a place to hang it in the plane now. Anyone here fly Mexicana?

To those who just came back- I'm really worried about the timing of our music for the ceremony. How long would you say each of your songs was/should be for each part? I'm worried some of mine may be too long, (4 minutes for the song I want to walk in to!) so I'm trying to find a place to cut them at, but don't know how much time I should alot for each.

Oh, and one other thing- I've had Kalena as my W.C., we've been e-mailing and calling, and communication has been great recently. I felt like we had almost every detail down and handled.

So yesterday, I got an e-mail from Cristina. Apparently, because of a health issue, Kalena won't be my W.C. anymore! sad.gif Cristina seems great, but she's been e-mailing me little bits and pieces of information at a time that I take she's gathering from Kalena about my day. I'm just worried that something may get lost in the transfer of information, since there's already been a couple mix-ups. : /

Just trying to roll with the punches...

Eureaka, glad your customs and everything went well! Have a Happy Wedding Day!!! cheesy.gif