Moon Palace 2008 & 2009 Brides - POST HERE!

what are you guys doing for your cake? are you getting it from the hotel? if you are - have you had much input on what cake you are having?

I really want a beach themed cake, and found a link to sweet dreams cakes in cabo in this site - they have the cake i wanted! yeah!! but...then i went and saw someone on this site had individual cakes for their guests, with a monogram on it..omg it is soo cute...i want them now!!

Just wondering if anyone knows how accommodating mp are with the cakes they offer, or if i would need to go to the bakers directly and do all the hard work myself!lol

xxxxxxx

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Quote:
Originally Posted by KBMD12309 View Post
yeah the crazy thing about my wedding reception is that we are having 2 which is unheard of. I live on Long Island born and raised, my fiance was raised in Rochester so ALL of his family us up there except his parents who are in NJ. soooo long story short his family wont travel bc they are older and im not going to put everyone out to travel to rochester after they went to cancun so we are having 2. ARGh.
We are def doing the slideshow of us while and the pictures through our relationship and then that leading to a slideshow of the wedding itsel all with music. And then we are going to have the dvd of the actual ceremony play so people who werent there can watch. We are having a small group come so it would be good that everyone can feel like they were there. Ive decided to do a sand ceremony so we are gonna have the jar displayed also.
Our favors for the 2 receptions are mojito kits that i made up. It has a mojito glass, an airplane size bottle of bacardi and fake ice wrapped in tool and tied with a mint leaf and ribbon i love them!
So thats my plan for my reception(s). We will fortunately have time to do the slideshow ourselves when we get back. Im planning the LI reception mid feb and the Rochester one at the end of March bc of the weather it could still be snowing there!

Awesome idea to display the sand jars!! That one slipped my mind. Thanks for the idea! Yea, my MIL is making us have our recption 2 days after we get back from Cancun because some of her family is going to be in Buffalo. Sucks that we can't do the slideshow, but maybe if we get the DVD, we can have that playing in the background (another great idea.. thank you!).
I have to talk my FI into it though! I don't think he wants to spend anymore money there! LOL!
I am going to display a picture album and picture frames of our ceremony.
One problem.. my family is very Catholic and we were supposed to have a Catholic ceremony at Moon Palace, but it got all screwed up because the priest will only marry people on Saturdays and you have to be there 3 working days before you can marry at all (Mon-Sat). We are arriving on a Thursday, so we have to have the civil ceremony instead. I am worried that if we show the DVD that my Aunts and Uncles will see that we weren't married by a priest and get all pissy. Silly to have to worry about that stuff, but I do. They are so religious.
I don't see why they care anyway because we are getting married by our priest in Buffalo when we get back. UGH!!
Sorry so long!!
If you have any other ideas for displaying pics, let me know!
Thanks again!

Melissa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tam1984 View Post
Hey KBMD + Mtomas, thanks for the tips. I am also having a reception back home. Great idea about displaying the cancun photos that would be a really nice touch.
We are having a blessing ceremony followed by an evening party so i get to wear my dress twice!
I will consider the cocktail hour but it does seem a bit pointless just for the 12 of us, i just hope theres a nice bar where we can relax and have a drink before we sit down to eat.
Hey Tam!
I'm wearing my dress again too!! Exciting!!
Yea, KBMD had a great idea with displaying the sand jars too!!
Happy planning to you!!!

If you think of any other cool reception ideas, let me know and I'll do the same!!

-Melissa

Quote:
Originally Posted by KBMD12309 View Post
I havent decided on my cake yet. i want something simple though i wasnt fond of any of them at the resort that i saw on their website. I dont know how small their small cake is. Does it even have a tier to it?
I dont know, will go have a look for betsy's piccies and see if we can see the cake

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtomas5555 View Post
Awesome idea to display the sand jars!! That one slipped my mind. Thanks for the idea! Yea, my MIL is making us have our recption 2 days after we get back from Cancun because some of her family is going to be in Buffalo. Sucks that we can't do the slideshow, but maybe if we get the DVD, we can have that playing in the background (another great idea.. thank you!).
I have to talk my FI into it though! I don't think he wants to spend anymore money there! LOL!
I am going to display a picture album and picture frames of our ceremony.
One problem.. my family is very Catholic and we were supposed to have a Catholic ceremony at Moon Palace, but it got all screwed up because the priest will only marry people on Saturdays and you have to be there 3 working days before you can marry at all (Mon-Sat). We are arriving on a Thursday, so we have to have the civil ceremony instead. I am worried that if we show the DVD that my Aunts and Uncles will see that we weren't married by a priest and get all pissy. Silly to have to worry about that stuff, but I do. They are so religious.
I don't see why they care anyway because we are getting married by our priest in Buffalo when we get back. UGH!!
Sorry so long!!
If you have any other ideas for displaying pics, let me know!
Thanks again!

Melissa
Maybe if it's possible, have your family priest at your AHR to "bless" yoru marriage. Explain to family that "due to circumstances beyond your control" you weren't able to secure a catholic ceremony in Cancun, so you're doing this instead...would that work?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dez921714 View Post
Maybe if it's possible, have your family priest at your AHR to "bless" yoru marriage. Explain to family that "due to circumstances beyond your control" you weren't able to secure a catholic ceremony in Cancun, so you're doing this instead...would that work?
That's a really good idea! Thank you!
Wait... what is AHR? lol Reception?