Jump to content

Photo

Moon Palace 2008 & 2009 Brides - POST HERE!


  • Please log in to reply
3348 replies to this topic

#331 mtomas5555

mtomas5555
  • Jr. Member
  • 156 posts

    Posted 20 June 2008 - 09:31 AM

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by KBMD12309
    Tam I am having a small wedding also. Hopefully no more than 20 if i get my way. I was even thinking maybe a cocktail hour would be asilly bc its an all inclusive resort anyway but i probably will have one and then for dinner we will just pick a restaurant and go to it. Im not picky We are having a reception when we get home so no biggy. Im just going back and forth as to what i want after the actual ceremony
    Hey KBMD!
    I'm doing the same thing.... having a big reception back in Buffalo when we get back, so we're going to just have the free dinner in the Palapas Barracuda Steakhouse.
    My WC confirmed that they put you off to the side, so you are away from guests.
    Any suggestions or cool ideas for your hometown reception would be great!
    One thing I think we're going to do is display pictures from our ceremony in Cancun, so everyone can see. I would love to do a slideshow, but we won't have time.
    Happy Planning!
    -Melissa

    #332 Tam1984

    Tam1984
    • Newbie
    • 14 posts

      Posted 20 June 2008 - 11:42 AM

      Hey KBMD + Mtomas, thanks for the tips. I am also having a reception back home. Great idea about displaying the cancun photos that would be a really nice touch.
      We are having a blessing ceremony followed by an evening party so i get to wear my dress twice!
      I will consider the cocktail hour but it does seem a bit pointless just for the 12 of us, i just hope theres a nice bar where we can relax and have a drink before we sit down to eat.

      #333 KBMD12309

      KBMD12309
      • Newbie
      • 106 posts

        Posted 20 June 2008 - 12:06 PM

        yeah the crazy thing about my wedding reception is that we are having 2 which is unheard of. I live on Long Island born and raised, my fiance was raised in Rochester so ALL of his family us up there except his parents who are in NJ. soooo long story short his family wont travel bc they are older and im not going to put everyone out to travel to rochester after they went to cancun so we are having 2. ARGh.
        We are def doing the slideshow of us while and the pictures through our relationship and then that leading to a slideshow of the wedding itsel all with music. And then we are going to have the dvd of the actual ceremony play so people who werent there can watch. We are having a small group come so it would be good that everyone can feel like they were there. Ive decided to do a sand ceremony so we are gonna have the jar displayed also.
        Our favors for the 2 receptions are mojito kits that i made up. It has a mojito glass, an airplane size bottle of bacardi and fake ice wrapped in tool and tied with a mint leaf and ribbon i love them!
        So thats my plan for my reception(s). We will fortunately have time to do the slideshow ourselves when we get back. Im planning the LI reception mid feb and the Rochester one at the end of March bc of the weather it could still be snowing there!

        #334 Dez921714

        Dez921714
        • Sr. Member
        • 1,489 posts

          Posted 20 June 2008 - 12:11 PM

          Quote:
          Originally Posted by KBMD12309
          yeah the crazy thing about my wedding reception is that we are having 2 which is unheard of. I live on Long Island born and raised, my fiance was raised in Rochester so ALL of his family us up there except his parents who are in NJ. soooo long story short his family wont travel bc they are older and im not going to put everyone out to travel to rochester after they went to cancun so we are having 2. ARGh.
          We are def doing the slideshow of us while and the pictures through our relationship and then that leading to a slideshow of the wedding itsel all with music. And then we are going to have the dvd of the actual ceremony play so people who werent there can watch. We are having a small group come so it would be good that everyone can feel like they were there. Ive decided to do a sand ceremony so we are gonna have the jar displayed also.
          Our favors for the 2 receptions are mojito kits that i made up. It has a mojito glass, an airplane size bottle of bacardi and fake ice wrapped in tool and tied with a mint leaf and ribbon i love them!
          So thats my plan for my reception(s). We will fortunately have time to do the slideshow ourselves when we get back. Im planning the LI reception mid feb and the Rochester one at the end of March bc of the weather it could still be snowing there!
          Knowing Rochester, it might be snowing there in March too...lol :)

          I love your favor idea! Is a mojito mexican? Can you post a pic?
          http://ticker.7910.o....25vdCBpbiA.gif27 Confirmed with Plane Tickets...5 with rooms booked!

          150 INVITES / 6 YES / 13 NO

          #335 KBMD12309

          KBMD12309
          • Newbie
          • 106 posts

            Posted 20 June 2008 - 12:14 PM

            Im not sure if the mojito is mexican it could be haha..Its our favorite cocktail though and we are known to have them wherever we go so we incorporated that into the wedding haha. Ill take a picture of it this weekend and post it (once i figure out how to do that) hehe. It also has the mojito recipe in the glass too and a cheers to us message.

            #336 KBMD12309

            KBMD12309
            • Newbie
            • 106 posts

              Posted 20 June 2008 - 12:16 PM

              in fact i still have to figure out how to post a profile picture and get bank points and all that madness on here. I just like to talk to people haha

              #337 Dez921714

              Dez921714
              • Sr. Member
              • 1,489 posts

                Posted 20 June 2008 - 12:28 PM

                Quote:
                Originally Posted by KBMD12309
                in fact i still have to figure out how to post a profile picture and get bank points and all that madness on here. I just like to talk to people haha
                Haha, it's pretty easy...to bank points, just go to the "vb plaza menu" up top...you'll see "bank" go there and make a deposit :)

                "User CP" up top will take you to "edit signature" and that's the pics and comments at the bottom of peoples posts

                Easiest way to post pics...create a photobucket account it's free (Image hosting, free photo sharing & video sharing at Photobucket). Upload your pics there, you can also resize them for a message board and then post the IMG link

                Hope that helps :)
                http://ticker.7910.o....25vdCBpbiA.gif27 Confirmed with Plane Tickets...5 with rooms booked!

                150 INVITES / 6 YES / 13 NO

                #338 KBMD12309

                KBMD12309
                • Newbie
                • 106 posts

                  Posted 20 June 2008 - 12:37 PM

                  i just deposited 500. what exactly did i do that for LOL!

                  #339 Dez921714

                  Dez921714
                  • Sr. Member
                  • 1,489 posts

                    Posted 20 June 2008 - 12:40 PM

                    Quote:
                    Originally Posted by KBMD12309
                    i just deposited 500. what exactly did i do that for LOL!
                    LOL...just like in a real bank, you'll earn interest and your points will grow...if you need it, you can just go and withdraw it :)
                    http://ticker.7910.o....25vdCBpbiA.gif27 Confirmed with Plane Tickets...5 with rooms booked!

                    150 INVITES / 6 YES / 13 NO

                    #340 KBMD12309

                    KBMD12309
                    • Newbie
                    • 106 posts

                      Posted 20 June 2008 - 12:44 PM

                      oh ok cool....i think they have a bank here so it makes you FEEL like you have money after planning your wedding when in fact you dont. Kind of a comforting thought. haha thanks for your help




                      0 user(s) are reading this topic

                      0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users