Photo

Moon Palace 2008 & 2009 Brides - POST HERE!

• Please log in to reply
3348 replies to this topic

#3251 Woodsylou

Woodsylou
  • 545 posts

Posted 24 November 2009 - 02:13 PM

how odd?!?!

i am a bit pee'd because my TA doesn't seem to be eligable to get the freebies, unless i bipass the TA and book direct with MP. it's such a shame it makes me want to cry
    a UK bride :)

35 fabulous people booked! 31 at The Moon Palace, 4 offsite! YAY!

My planning thread! http://bestdestinati....k-bride-61178/

#3252 indy_chic

indy_chic
    • 336 posts

Posted 24 November 2009 - 07:40 PM

Quote:
      Originally Posted by Woodsylou
      how odd?!?!

i am a bit pee'd because my TA doesn't seem to be eligable to get the freebies, unless i bipass the TA and book direct with MP. it's such a shame it makes me want to cry

Do you have a group contract ?? :)

#3253 indy_chic

indy_chic
      • 336 posts

Posted 24 November 2009 - 07:46 PM

The travel agent insists that the promotion is offered by MP and not by the travel agency nor the tour operator. When I spoke to MP , they said that it's arranged once the group contract is devised by the tour operator??!! The only group contract I've seen is the one from my TA. My TA advises that she has asked the tour operator to resolve this of which she feels will work itself out.

Why the run around??

If I book the minimum amount of rooms it makes no sense -if I book through the travel agency or MP directly . Money is $ .

#3254 Shinbinea

Shinbinea
        • 182 posts

Posted 24 November 2009 - 09:32 PM

Quote:
          Originally Posted by indy_chic
          The travel agent insists that the promotion is offered by MP and not by the travel agency nor the tour operator. When I spoke to MP , they said that it's arranged once the group contract is devised by the tour operator??!! The only group contract I've seen is the one from my TA. My TA advises that she has asked the tour operator to resolve this of which she feels will work itself out.

Why the run around??

If I book the minimum amount of rooms it makes no sense -if I book through the travel agency or MP directly . Money is $ .
          I kind of got the same run around when we went to book our group. I was told that as long as I have a group contract I get all the amenities (which I do have according to my travel agent).

I was just assigned my onsite wedding coordinator this week so I have asked her to check into this and to make sure that I do get the group promotion and that I won't need to pay for my private reception. I will let you know how that goes for me :)

#3255 doblauvelt

doblauvelt
          • 380 posts

Posted 25 November 2009 - 10:52 AM

Have any past brides met up wth your groom and/or bridal party for pictures BEFORE your ceremony?

How did you plan for this? Did you set aside an hour or two before the ceremony for pictures then hurry back to your room to be picked up for your horse/go cart?

#3256 Woodsylou

Woodsylou
            • 545 posts

Posted 25 November 2009 - 11:51 AM

im asking my TA to look into it again, so annoying!

can i ask, does the 'unlimited private events' mean you get a private event for your wedding meal in the evening? outside etc?

#3257 honey740

honey740
              • 148 posts

Posted 26 November 2009 - 11:55 AM

Quote:
                im asking my TA to look into it again, so annoying!

can i ask, does the 'unlimited private events' mean you get a private event for your wedding meal in the evening? outside etc?
                Unlimited private events= as many private events as you want while you are there. I had a welcome cocktail party and rehearsal dinner..I probably could have had a lot more too if I wanted. You get to pick all the food for it off the menus which have a ton of options. You also get your own private space with waitstaff and your own private bar with bartenders. Scope out the liquor when you first get there because you can request they get certain types to stock your bar with. They carry the Sauza line so we got some pretty good hornitos and sauza conmemorativo.

#3258 Woodsylou

Woodsylou
                • 545 posts

Posted 27 November 2009 - 10:00 AM

Great thanks! i was looking to have a private event for my wedding meal, so that would be included too? that's great! i have to negotiate this!

#3259 honey740

honey740
                  • 148 posts

Posted 28 November 2009 - 11:30 AM

Quote:
                    Great thanks! i was looking to have a private event for my wedding meal, so that would be included too? that's great! i have to negotiate this!
                    There's nothing to negotiate, if you have a group contract it should be written into the group contract. Make sure it specifies that you can substitute nights for rooms, ie 25 rooms @ 3 nights each= 75 nights yours should also state that you can book 75 nights OR 25 rooms, and don't let them tell you your room nights don't count towards the total, they do. They do not make any more or less money by making it 75 nights or 25 rooms, it's just semantics, it's the same cost at the end of the day.

One bit of advice I can give everyone on here, when you enter into a contract, read it before you sign it and hand over your deposit. Make sure you understand everything. If you need to, have a professional look at it. These contracts can have things added or deleted so negotiate. This is not something to just glance at. This contract is for YOUR wedding, a (hopefully! :-) ) once in a lifetime thing, you need to make sure the contract is in your best interest not theirs.

#3260 indy_chic

indy_chic
                    • 336 posts

Posted 28 November 2009 - 08:49 PM

I'm still waiting !! Travel agent is still waiting to hear from the tour operator who has requested something in writing confirming I will be offered these services . I hope this isn't a true reflection of the hotel and their customer service

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users