Photo

Moon Palace 2008 & 2009 Brides - POST HERE!

• Please log in to reply
3348 replies to this topic

#2611 TinaM2b

TinaM2b
  • 445 posts

Posted 26 June 2009 - 03:01 PM

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Morgan685
    Tina - I had to unlock the website so people can view the photos.

here are my photos by David Pena

morganandnoahwedding.shutterfly.com
    Those are great! I am looking forward to working with him. How much did you tip him if you don't mind me asking. I am definitely going to have some special requests.

Did you see my question in an earlier post? I have been collecting thumbnails of shots of brides from assorted photographers for months. I have put them into a word document and printed it out as examples. Do you think he would be offended by this? (since you have met and worked with him!!)

#2612 honey740

honey740
    • 148 posts

Posted 26 June 2009 - 03:26 PM

Tina-

On my first request, Lily said "yes, but because of the fame, he only does the upgraded packages". So I am not sure asking in advance will help from here on out, I think they (MP) got the message loud and clear that he's the best photographer there. I am just gonna spring for that and not get the chair covers. I wanted B&W photos too, but I am just going to have someone from my family take some.

#2613 TinaM2b

TinaM2b
      • 445 posts

Posted 26 June 2009 - 03:28 PM

Quote:
        Originally Posted by honey740
        Tina-

On my first request, Lily said "yes, but because of the fame, he only does the upgraded packages". So I am not sure asking in advance will help from here on out, I think they (MP) got the message loud and clear that he's the best photographer there. I am just gonna spring for that and not get the chair covers. I wanted B&W photos too, but I am just going to have someone from my family take some.
        We want black and white too but we are going to use photography software to convert ours. That is interesting.

#2614 nibsmom

nibsmom
        • 564 posts

Posted 26 June 2009 - 04:10 PM

Okay, so for my reception, I requested to have one long rectangular table for my group of 26. My WC keeps telling me I can only have round tables....this is making me mad! I swear I've seen that other brides have done this in the past! Does anyone else remember? How should I approach this with my WC??

#2615 honey740

honey740
          • 148 posts

Posted 26 June 2009 - 04:16 PM

Quote:
            Originally Posted by nibsmom
            Okay, so for my reception, I requested to have one long rectangular table for my group of 26. My WC keeps telling me I can only have round tables....this is making me mad! I swear I've seen that other brides have done this in the past! Does anyone else remember? How should I approach this with my WC??
            You can have rectangular tables but they all fit 10 people. I saw it on someone's post, I have been reading so many I can't think of who's now. Maybe you can have her put 3 together?

Tina- I think we'll do that too since we'll get the digital images.

#2616 TinaM2b

TinaM2b
            • 445 posts

Posted 26 June 2009 - 04:36 PM

Quote:
              I have seen that from other brides too. I was thinking one in the last couple months. I would just keep on. Tell you you know other brides that have done it. Maybe go back and take a look for some of the posts and snag a photo to send to your WC.

#2617 TinaM2b

TinaM2b
              • 445 posts

Posted 26 June 2009 - 04:42 PM

Quote:
                Originally Posted by CindyMcGue
                Hello Moon Palace Brides!!!

Photos MY FAVORITE PART!!!!

From this website I found the most wonderful photographer in the world!!! Tammara from - Tammsphotos.com. Someone else had used her and I cried when I saw her slideshow so I knew then that this was the right person to call.
                Cindy, Thanks for the review. It is always good to hear from prior brides.

I tried to get Tammsphotos but our date was already booked. I know the slideshow that made you cry. Was it posted by OneLove? That slideshow made my decision to have my wedding at MoonPalace. Since I couldn't get them, I decided to give the MP photographer a try. I am sad the photographer will not be will us all day but I have lots of friends that have promised to take lots of photos.

Your photos are great!! They really do great work! I love the colors on your groomsmen too. Our colors are orange and blue..... but we will not have that much!!! HA!!

We recently decided to not do a Trash the Dress. I've been thinking that we may end up in the pool..... now that I've seen yours, I may be just like you!! Love it!!

Thanks again for the review!

#2618 drtracy

drtracy
                • 436 posts

Posted 26 June 2009 - 06:45 PM

Quote:
                  Originally Posted by honey740
                  Tina-

My photog (not David) asked if we wanted B&W we said "yeppers" so we did get some nice ones.

Quote:
                  Maybe it depends on which terrace you are on? Mine wouldn't have had room for dancing if we did one long one. Just a thought. :)

#2619 nibsmom

nibsmom
                  • 564 posts

Posted 26 June 2009 - 06:54 PM

Tracy, I know it's not that...we are on the huge Moon Light Terrace - it holds like 200 people and we only have 26. LOL. I sent her another email saying I had seen and talked to brides who had done long tables - I know that cutierosie did them...and asked her if I needed to pay extra.

I just don't see the point of having 2.5 circular tables, especially when 4 of the guests are children under 4 years of age. I feel like it would create a separated feel.

#2620 nibsmom

nibsmom
                    • 564 posts

Posted 26 June 2009 - 06:55 PM

Oh! And I know that someone on here was also wondering about the cost of votive candles at the MP - they are $4 each!

I think we are going to bring our own tealights...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users