Moon Palace 2008 & 2009 Brides - POST HERE!

• Please log in to reply
3348 replies to this topic

#2071 soon2bemsleblanc

• 181 posts

Posted 10 April 2009 - 10:41 AM

Congrats DWandMJ!!!! Can't wait for your review!!! That sucks about the beach but as long as you can get married on it, I don't care about swimming in it!

~Mr. and Mrs. and 18 Guests Booked~

#2072 Mrs D To Be!

Mrs D To Be!
    • 1,634 posts

Posted 10 April 2009 - 11:21 AM

hey ladies...i know what your saying, the beach outside isn't any good for swimming in...but....how far is it til the sea is ok to swim in? are we talking a wee walking distance - like 10mins? or further/longer? Just wondering! :)

#2073 Jodimichelle

• 310 posts

Posted 10 April 2009 - 02:42 PM

Dana- Thank you for answering my question...Is that the only way around having an outside vendor. I am only asking -just in case. I am sure MP's band is good enough...My FI has to read the contract and then we will be signing it and sending it to them! EXCITED. Already preparing our STD cards!! We are thinking about doing those Airline tickets as the STD. My FI is creative in soo many ways and he is designing as we speak!
        24 Rooms Booked!

#2074 Dana_C

• 348 posts

Posted 10 April 2009 - 02:48 PM

Anytime Jodimichelle! That is the only way that I know of since they explicitly say in the contract that no outside vendors are allowed. Good luck doing your STDs- def post pics once you complete them- we looooove seeing pics!

#2075 t777a

• 99 posts

Posted 11 April 2009 - 11:45 PM

Dont know if everyone has seen the set ups yet, here they are

Attached Files

#2076 Dana_C

• 348 posts

Posted 12 April 2009 - 11:34 AM

Thanks for the setup pics!! They look really nice...

#2077 Eureaka

• 70 posts

Posted 12 April 2009 - 12:19 PM

Thank you for the set up pictures! I wonder what they do with those containers if you have an older package...I am hoping they would just remove them? My guest list number is not very high anymore for the destination wedding, so I'm thinking it might be a better idea to spend more of my budget on flowers for the AHR. I do like some of the set ups though! Fireworks after the ceremony was an interesting addition?

#2078 Eureaka

• 70 posts

Posted 12 April 2009 - 12:20 PM

Wow... On another note 3 months and 20 days to go according to my ticker. Talk about time FLYING by! Yikes!

#2079 DWandMJ

• 274 posts

Posted 12 April 2009 - 07:38 PM

Originally Posted by Myen
                    Congrats! Can't wait to see those pics. Did you use the resort photographer?
                    Yes, we used David Pena

#2080 Camie78

• 148 posts

Posted 12 April 2009 - 08:50 PM

Originally Posted by Fabi
                      Is the Immaculate Conception Catholic Chapel REALLY recognized by the Catholic Church?
                      Hi Fabi,

We are in Dallas and we did not have any issues getting the MP chapel 'confirmed' by the church here in Dallas. We went through all of the classes that were required and then the Deacon tracked down the Priest in Mexico to confirm that it was legit - it took him a couple of days but he succeeded and then gave the OK for us to get married there. The Deacon required us to send all of the Catholic documents to a different address than what MP provided us. We did this and it took several months to track down that they actually received the documents. I'd recommend sending copies of your documents and then bring the originals with you when you go to MP just in case. Also if I had to do things over again, I would have sent a copy to the MP address as well. Oh and one more thing the Miami office also requests that you send them a copy of your documents too.

We decided to get legally married in Dallas versus having the civil ceremony prior to the catholic ceremony. It was cheaper this way and seemed easier for some reason. If you decide to do this I would recommend getting married at least a month prior to your departure date. It took about 2.5 weeks for us to get the marriage certificate (just received it yesterday) and now I need to track down someone at the government offices to get copies (MP requires a copy) - not sure how long that will take.

MP recently had a change with Catholic ceremonies - the new Father is Father Benedict and his email is baguilar@palaceresorts.com (baguilar at palaceresorts dot com). The official name on his email account is: Padre Benito Aguilar Mendivil

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users