Moon Palace 2008 & 2009 Brides - POST HERE!

Hi Ladies,

I've been getting a lot of questions recently about the tours and if my guests can book in advance or if they have to wait until they get to the resort. I was able to get in touch with two (yes, two, they were all over my questions) different tour planners at MP and below is the response from one of them. As you can see in the response, it appears as though a word is missing as it reads as though you can either pre-book or book after you check in. So, I had replied to Xochitl and asked again for confirmation on if guests can ONLY book for the included tours after they check in to which the response was very similar.

I concluded that guests can only book included tours after they check in but they can book the optional tours whenever and that it is actually recommended that they book the optional tours in advance.

Luis Villeda is the other tour planner that emailed me (lvilleda at palaceresorts dot com).

Dear Camie;

I will be very glad in taking care of you.

Yes, the included tours can be booked after your check in because the system recognize your hotel package information when the room number is assigned.

Optional tours can be booked in advance or after the check into the hotel. We recommend you very much to book in advance to secure the spaces due to you are coming on high season.

Cordially,

Xochitl Esquivel

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Totally random...but here is a picture of us cutting the cake, note the cake knife, looks an awful lot like a butter knife don't ya think LOL

Click the image to open in full size.

Also, some of our guests booked excursions once we were already there, and nobody had any trouble, nothing was full, they all got to do what they wanted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nibsmom View Post
Hey Camie! Congrats! That's exciting! But scary too, LOL!

Definitely let us know about the cake - I want something fun too! I probably will just use their non-fancy cake knife...I don't really want to lug all that extra stuff down there...I'll have enough with OOT bags and stuff!!!
Thanks! The 'ceremony' yesterday with the judge was quick, like 30 seconds and it was kind of hard to take it seriously because we were in this courtroom with all these other couples getting married/trying to get their traffic violations dismissed. I felt like I was a giggle monster the entire time.

I heard back on the cake and the quote was unbelievably low - $240 for 3 tiers and large enough to feed up to 30 people. Below is the link to the cake and they are going to change the colors to be chocolate brown, khaki, white, and light blue to match our wedding colors. They charge $240 for their normal, plain cakes, so I still feel as though I am going to get something entirely different but she says they have had lots of requests for lopsided cakes so I'm going to run with it! Anyway, check out the link below if you are interested in seeing what you can get for $240 (still feel as though there is a catch here).

www dot flickr dot com/photos/sutterby/3167603660/in/pool-topsyturvycakes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myen View Post
Ladies,

Moon Palace quotes private reception costs as $400 for 10 people. I find it confusing that they quote the reception based on 10 people versus a $40 per person price. Therefore, if you have 25 guests, would the total cost be $1000 ($40x25ppl) or do they round the number up to $1200 ($40x30ppl)?

Hope this makes sense.
This is an excellent question, one that I have pondered myself as we have about 25 people attending. I emailed my WC to see if the $400 is really a per table price because the tables seat 10 or if it really is $40/person. I thought I had read somewhere earlier on the forum that the charge is by table (you can also infer this from their $60/table extra service charge). So if you are over 20 people but under 30 people, you could seat 8 people at each table instead of 10 to give everyone a little more elbow room. I'll let you know what she comes back with.

Camie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Betsy View Post
Your link doesn't work Camie :*(
Hey Betsy, try replacing the 'dot' references that I put in there with '.' and that should work for you. I did this intentionally so brides who did not have enough points could access the link as well:)

Below is the true link if you wish to go that route...
Fun With Sugar demo cake on Flickr - Photo Sharing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jennifer43 View Post
And another question...if you sit in on the timeshare pitch thingy...what do they give you in return? I have heard a credit to the spa or golfing...is that true? If so how much do you get? Thank you again!
Hi Jennifer,

I highly recommend staying away from all timeshare pitches unless you truly plan on buying one. I have had friends who have and they have regretted doing so because they were stuck inside for 4 hours listening to someone try to sell them something they had no interest in and at the end of the day, just wasn't worth their time.

Another tip - I was in Cancun for a wedding in January and the sales people in the airport are relentless. They will act as though they are your tour company and that they are directing you toward your van/transportation but instead they bring you over to the side of the hallway when exiting the airport and try to sell you on excursions, etc. I should have known better as I've been to Cancun before but I fell for it. Pete and I got sidetracked with this and we wasted over 20 minutes trying to get out to our transportation after we were pulled over to the side. My advice for the airport is to walk straight through the double glass doors and do not stop for anyone. Your transportation company will be outside waiting for you and you will have no issues finding them.

As for the all inclusive question about wrist bands, the resort will cut off your wrist bands for your wedding. The charge typically if you lose it is $20.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ErikDaGenErik View Post
i'm going crazy ladies..... i will be getting married in exactlt ONE MONTH!!!! i am sooo nervous that things are not going to be right... i join all of you in thinking that we still have LOADS of things to do!!!!

i was crying with my FI last night because of the groomsmen JUST BACKED OUT!!!!! last minute@!!!! how the heck are we going to find a replacememt? what do i do? my BMs and GMs are uneven now....

i'm sooo sad and stressed =(
Joy, don't be sad. The wedding will be just as beautiful with an uneven number and no one is going to care. In pictures, everyone can be arranged in a way that still looks nice. And it sounds like you'll figure something out for how your BM's and GM's will walk down the aisle.

Originally my FSIL was supposed to be a BM for me, but she decided that since she's pregnant and will have a 6 month old at the time, she won't likely be able to make it to the wedding. It was really disappointing, and I thought about asking someone else, but then I just decided it's more important to have people I want standing with me than asking someone else to be a "filler" BM when they aren't as important to me. Also, I wouldn't be surprised if one of our GM's flaked on us, which would make our wedding party even again. Since we have an extra GM, we might just have the Best Man, who is FI's brother, walk his parents down to their seats and then have a groomsmen for the remaining BM's.

Good luck and don't fret!

Hi Everyone!

I am happy to announce that after much deliberation, my FI and I just booked the Moon Palace resort for our November 27th, 2009 wedding! What a relief! It seemed that we'd never find a place. We had initially overlooked the MP only because of its size. After researching EVERY all-inclusive resort (adults-only and non adults-only) I became convinced that MP does weddings well and is simply the best choice for a nice destination wedding. It was important to me that we had ceremony options. I hadnâ€t warmed up to the idea of a beach ceremony (especially considering the pictures I found of spectators butting up close to the ceremony), so I wanted a gazebo option. Most resorts either had a gazebo smack dab in the middle of the beach or within feet of the pool. I wasnâ€t about to fly our guests all the way down to Mexico for that. Also, if I had chosen a beach option and later changed my mind, I wanted there to be an alternative. Clearly, MP has a selection of gazebos and this is what eventually sealed the deal.

After mulling things over, we realized that the size of MP actually works in our favor. This will give our guests the option to do many different things and considering that we are having a diverse group coming (young, old, beach-goers, pool lovers, shoppers, show-goers, golfers), this is perfect.

The only other concern was that I didnâ€t want to be at a resort where I felt that my day would seem less unique because it was a wedding factory. After spending countless hours on this forum and reaching out to brides, I feel confident that my day will be special. Brides do not run into each other as you are given a section specifically for you and your guests…unless of course, we decide to head to the disco afterwards 

I am almost done with my boarding pass STDs. I will post them once Iâ€m done!

mrseddy