Moon Palace 2008 & 2009 Brides - POST HERE!

To jlwedding - we chose the Moon Palace because it looks like they have a lot of options to keep little kids and teens busy - and I read a super cute review on tripadvisor by a 14 year old, who said she had a blast.

It's also huge, and I knew it would provide enough stimulation to keep even the wildest kids busy and happy!

I would suggest going on tripadvisor.com and reading through some of the reviews - that's what I did. Moon Palace families consistently gave great reviews on the family-friendliness of the resort.

GOOD LUCK!!!

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Quote:
Originally Posted by nibsmom View Post
Hey everyone! I am hoping to book the 2:00pm slot on July 18th at MP! I'm so excited! I've been trying to find a good travel agent who works with the MP and will be able to get us a good deal for our guests...any one have any suggestions??

Did anyone book their wedding date before finding a TA? Is that allowed?? I'm so confused! Sorry if someone's already posted this info!!
Welcome aboard Nibsmom!

To answer your question, you are very much so allowed to schedule your wedding ceremony prior to booking. We originally booked ours in April (ended up changing date, time, and type of ceremony) and didn't book our trip until just last week. If it helps you at all, feel free to talk to a TA to establish the best time/date to go and go from there. If you've already decided on a date and time (as you stated), what's holding you back from submitting a request?

Laura,

Depending on how many weddings are scheduled for your wedding day, I would push to get your WC's name so you can reserve the chapel if thats what you really want.

We ended up going around the procedures and I started talking to a WC that fortunately was willing to adopt our event into her work load, despite that she wasn't our scheduled would-be WC. As a result, we were able to reserve the chapel about 6 months out....

I know that I'm neurotic and a bit obsessive about specific details, I wonder how my approach compares to the other brides getting married on my wedding day. Its like I want to get the options that I want reserved before anyone canflypig.gif beat me to it and limit the choices available (ie ceremony location, photographer, restaurant). Am I being too aggressive?

True that. I guess I must just be a little shy to jump on the bandwagon because I'm afraid something will go wrong or it will end up being too expensive for our guests (like a weird price jump or something). I think I'm just being a little overly cautious because my mom has already told me she won't be going because of cost. But, my FH and I both KNOW we want to get married at the Moon Palace, so I should just book it!

Craziness!

Nibs,

You're far enough out that if something should come up like a weird price jump, you can cancel the contract without penalty.

We're already pretty sure that no one from my FI's side will be attending, but we're accepting that. Asking people to spend on the upwards of $4500 to attend a wedding (and have a fabulous vacation) will definately deter a lot of people on the guest list.

As a result of some pretty important people not being able to attend, plus its actually about $200 cheaper, we're actually doing a symbolic ceremony at the MP and making it legal at city hall back home. The important people in our lives that won't be able to attend in Mexico (FI's parents and siblings) will be invited to attend the legal portion so they can at least witness that.

See if a symbolic ceremony is worth it to you and that way your mom can bear witness at a legal ceremony. Or, if you're doing an at home reception, maybe you can have the marriage blessed at the reception. The MP also has a DVD package that I've heard nice things about.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlwedding View Post
Hello all, Hoping you can help! We are planning on getting married in Nov '09 - app 100-120 guests - want an outdoor ceremony and private reception. We are having a hard time choosing between the resorts in Cancun (have to be kid-friendly)... can any of you provide some insight into why you choose Moon Palace over some of the other places? It looks beautiful - but would love any thoughts! Many thanks.
Hi! We chose Moon Palace because out of all the kid-friendly all inclusives in the Cancun/Playa del Carmen/Riviera Maya area, Moon Palace has the most amazing wedding program! i believe it's also one of the one of the rare instances where you could get married catholic at the resort.

a close choice was Dreams Cancun. what won me over was the large gazebo and the horse drawn carriage. i dont want my guests under direct sun during the wedding ceremony.

hope this helps!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nibsmom View Post
True that. I guess I must just be a little shy to jump on the bandwagon because I'm afraid something will go wrong or it will end up being too expensive for our guests (like a weird price jump or something). I think I'm just being a little overly cautious because my mom has already told me she won't be going because of cost. But, my FH and I both KNOW we want to get married at the Moon Palace, so I should just book it!

Craziness!
just book it! the last thing you want is to find out your wedding date is unavailable then have to pick another date. this is your wedding. if you and your fiance are determined to be married at Moon Palace, then do it!

you neeeevver know who will show up to your wedding. you'll be surprised at how many people will want to go once they receive your save the date cards.

a destination wedding gives people a chance to finally go on vacation! attending your wedding is such a motivation. plus, if you make your guests part of your wedding party, the incentive to go jumps higher.

go and submit your wedding date request!

=)

Quote:
Originally Posted by HaleGrifa View Post
Thanks for the photog info.

We have hired an outside photographer for 2 nights and no longer truly require the photography included in our package

BUT . . . . we don't want to just give it us as it has been paid for . . . therefore I am requesting that we use it for our Welcome Dinner.

Has anyone had experience with this?

Thanks again
Laura

Is any bride using the photos included in their package for another time.

Hi Laura,

we are also planning on hiring another photographer for the wedding. i am wondering if you could have more than 1 photographer on the same day. i am planning on using the photographer that's included in our package for the welcome dinner or extra camera for candid shots during the ceremony and reception.

i really want an outside photographer for our portraits or posed photo sessions with my soon to be husband and family.