Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
cutierosie

Moon Palace 2008 & 2009 Brides - POST HERE!

Recommended Posts

Hey ladies -

Has anyone had any success (or tried for that matter) in getting a hold of a wedding coordinator at the MP prior to the 90 days?

Marlyn in Miami can't answer half of my questions and I'm dying for answers!

There are two other weddings taking place on the same afternoon as our wedding and I really want to reserve a specific gazebo! Marlyn told me that you must specifically have a catholic wedding to be wed in the chapel (which is my first choice but we're not catholic) and if thats true, I want the Tucan gazebo.

I think I've also pissed off Miss Marlyn...

 

Help!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey everyone - i've changed my wee picture and username so thought i'd better let you all know!!

 

Girl formally known as blinkgrl119 is now Mrs D To Be - seems a bit more appropriate with the theme of the website!lol

 

Costs me lots of points though...gonna need to chat lots this weekend! :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by DWandMJ View Post
Hey ladies -
Has anyone had any success (or tried for that matter) in getting a hold of a wedding coordinator at the MP prior to the 90 days?
Marlyn in Miami can't answer half of my questions and I'm dying for answers!
There are two other weddings taking place on the same afternoon as our wedding and I really want to reserve a specific gazebo! Marlyn told me that you must specifically have a catholic wedding to be wed in the chapel (which is my first choice but we're not catholic) and if thats true, I want the Tucan gazebo.
I think I've also pissed off Miss Marlyn...

Help!
Hi there

I get married 30th July 09 and managed to book the tucan gazebo, cocktail party, private reception, extra hours for the reception, larger cake 11 months in advance. I have confirmation of my bookings. I have also requested a religious ceremony.

When do you get married?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We're getting married on April 2, 2009. Marlyn is telling me that we are not allowed to use the catholic chapel unless we're having a catholic ceremony, which we aren't. If that were the case, then why on earth is the crucifix (sp?) removable? I've read about a number of other people having their non-catholic weddings there and I'll be pretty upset if I miss out on the opportunity because my Miami Sales Coordinator isn't provided with the same information that others were. I'm not particularly partial to the arch in either of the other two gazebos, so the chapel is ideal. And don't get me wrong, I'm not complaining about the Miami girls, because I know their hands are tied, but it will really piss me off if the two other ceremonies being held on our wedding day get first choice of the ceremony location because they were given more complete information.

I dropped an email to Marlyn requesting to be put into contact with a coordinator in Cancun because the majority of the questions I have can be better answered by them, and she stated that she submitted a request. Did you call Cancun directly to make your reservations? Or did your S.C. in Miami set things up?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

***More questions

 

For those that have already wed, has anyone stood in front of the alter table, rather than behind? Can the minister stand behind the alter, as is traditional?

 

Did/Is anyone opting to remove the red carpet and choosing to scatter petals over the aisle?

 

For anyone that has wed or will be wedding in the chapel gazebo, were the white pew covers included? If not, what do they run?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by DWandMJ View Post
We're getting married on April 2, 2009. Marlyn is telling me that we are not allowed to use the catholic chapel unless we're having a catholic ceremony, which we aren't. If that were the case, then why on earth is the crucifix (sp?) removable? I've read about a number of other people having their non-catholic weddings there and I'll be pretty upset if I miss out on the opportunity because my Miami Sales Coordinator isn't provided with the same information that others were. I'm not particularly partial to the arch in either of the other two gazebos, so the chapel is ideal. And don't get me wrong, I'm not complaining about the Miami girls, because I know their hands are tied, but it will really piss me off if the two other ceremonies being held on our wedding day get first choice of the ceremony location because they were given more complete information.
I dropped an email to Marlyn requesting to be put into contact with a coordinator in Cancun because the majority of the questions I have can be better answered by them, and she stated that she submitted a request. Did you call Cancun directly to make your reservations? Or did your S.C. in Miami set things up?

Hi

Everything was done by e-mail through the s.c in Miami.

How did you find out there are other weddings on your wedding day. I looked on their website for availability on my wedding day and nothing comes up. I am not sure if that means all the slots are taken up, because when I last look there was only mine and another wedding on that day.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The resort website permits you to check wedding time availability by date. On our wedding day, there currently shows that 2pm, 5pm, and 6pm are not available. Ours is the 5pm time slot.

I sent Miss Marlyn an email last night stating that others have been permitted to reserve and use the chapel for non-Catholic services and that I wish to reserve it at this time. We'll see if I have any success.

Its not like our event is going to be really ornate. We're having a non-denom symbolic ceremony with about a dozen guests, photos with the resort photog, and just having dinner at one of the restaurants. For the few details that there are, I want things to be just so.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

http://bestdestinationwedding.com/fo...s/feedback.gif

 

Hello! I am new to this site. I am getting Married at the Moon Palace on June,3,2009 at 6p.m. I have been there once before but it was 8+ years ago. My parents go at least once a year and assure me I will LOVE IT! I am so nervous about the planning. I have signed the contract for the wedding date, and booked the trip for the both of us, but only 2 other people have reserved rooms. We plan on having at the least 10 guest total.

 

We Plan on staying on the Grand Side of the Moon Palace. Just the two of us, and the other guests will be staying either on the Sunrise side or the Nizuc (spelling?) side. We are unsure of the distance from the different sides. Does anyone know how far it is from one side to the other? We are staying on the Grand side to keep it more personal. I don't even know what the Grand side looks like, and I can not find any photos of it. Do you know of a way I can see photos of it?

 

I guess I can not start planning any of the wedding until 3 months prior to the wedding? Is that how it is with everyone else? Do you feel rushed or is it ok?

 

How are you getting your dresses to Mexico??!?!?

 

What is the groom wearing? How are you transporting the Tuxes or etc.?

 

Gosh I feel like there are so many questions! I am so excited, and so glad I found this website!

 

Good luck to all you other Brides!!!!! CONGRATS!!!!!!feedback.giffeedback.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sallyjo03 View Post
http://bestdestinationwedding.com/fo...s/feedback.gif

Hello! I am new to this site. I am getting Married at the Moon Palace on June,3,2009 at 6p.m. I have been there once before but it was 8+ years ago. My parents go at least once a year and assure me I will LOVE IT! I am so nervous about the planning. I have signed the contract for the wedding date, and booked the trip for the both of us, but only 2 other people have reserved rooms. We plan on having at the least 10 guest total.

We Plan on staying on the Grand Side of the Moon Palace. Just the two of us, and the other guests will be staying either on the Sunrise side or the Nizuc (spelling?) side. We are unsure of the distance from the different sides. Does anyone know how far it is from one side to the other? We are staying on the Grand side to keep it more personal. I don't even know what the Grand side looks like, and I can not find any photos of it. Do you know of a way I can see photos of it?

I guess I can not start planning any of the wedding until 3 months prior to the wedding? Is that how it is with everyone else? Do you feel rushed or is it ok?

How are you getting your dresses to Mexico??!?!?

What is the groom wearing? How are you transporting the Tuxes or etc.?

Gosh I feel like there are so many questions! I am so excited, and so glad I found this website!

Good luck to all you other Brides!!!!! CONGRATS!!!!!!feedback.giffeedback.gif
Hey girl, welcome to the forum!

There are pictures of the grand side on trip advisor, you should have a look, its defo my preference too!

I think we will go down the same route as you with guests staying at the other sides. I'm not sure of the exact distance, but i know there are golf buggies which can take you from and to each side, so i wouldn't worry about that.

This website is soo helpful - you can get everything organised in your head so when it comes to organising it all with the resort, you'll be sorted and know exactly what you want! I don't know how far in advance you can actually start organising things with the resort, its too far away for me to start organising - i can even book my date til next year - gutted! But i have everything organised in my head!lol

i will be taking my dress on as hand luggage - you can buy special hold sized boxes for it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  


  • Best Destination Wedding Sponsors



    Facebook Pinterest Google+ Twitter
  • Posts

    • When brides takes off her wedding dress and begins her marriage life,the first problem after wedding is to modify her name. You have a marriage license with your new last name, doesn't mean you've officially changed your name. Which aspects should be paid attention to to change the surname?
      1. Get your marriage license.
      Before you can change your name, you'll need the original (or certified) marriage license with the raised seal. Call the clerk's office where your license was filed to get copies if one wasn't automatically sent to you. 2. Change your Social Security card.
      Visit the Social Security Administration's website and fill out the application for a new Social Security card. You'll keep the same number—just your name will be different. Mail in your application to the local Social Security Administration office. You should get your new card within 10 business days. 3. Change your license at the DMV.
      Take a trip to the local Department of Motor Vehicles office to get a new license with your new last name. Bring every form of identification you can get your hands on—your old license, your certified marriage certificate and, most importantly, your new Social Security card. 4. Change your bank accounts.
      This one's a biggie, especially if you're setting up a joint bank account, or if you have one already set up. The fastest way to change your name at your bank is to go into a branch location, bringing your new driver's license and your marriage certificate. You should request new checks and debit and credit cards on top of changing the name attached to your accounts. Something to note: You might get hit with fees for requesting a new debit card. 5. Fill in the blanks
      Once you have a social security card and driver's license in your married name, other changes should be fairly easy. Some places only require a phone call; others may ask for a copy of your marriage certificate or social security card. Be sure to notify: -Employers/payroll
      -Post office
      -Electric and other utility companies
      -Credit card companies
      -Schools and alumni associations
      -Landlord or mortgage company
      -Insurance companies (auto, home, life)
      -Doctors' offices
      -Voter registration office
      -Investment account providers
      -Your attorney (to update legal documents, including your will)
      -Passport office
      -Airlines (to transfer over your miles)
    • Planning to get married? Let’s discover some great wedding venues in Bangalore. The increasing demand for the wedding venues in Bangalore makes it very difficult for both the bride’s and groom’s family to get hold of a marriage hall that is suitable for the marriage. As they say, marriages have to be organized in a grand fashion. The atmosphere and the ambiance of a wedding make it memorable for a lifetime. Though there are a plenty of wedding venues in Bangalore, there is only a handful of them that are really good, Offering the best possible experience.  Some of the most popular wedding venues in Bangalore are: THE TAMARIND TREE: Tamarind Tree has the old world charm. This is one of the best wedding venues in Bangalore that boast about its eco-friendly surrounding. Built in the middle of a few acres of garden filled with lush greenery and trees, which also includes the tamarind tree after which it was named, a pond, a stage for the band, classic looking pavilions for the guests to sit, and a lot of spaces around the area. The premise has two large kitchens with a very special fully stocked bar and a lot of space where the guests can dine comfortably. The place can accommodate up to 1000 guests. Customer Reviews : Address: 88, Kanakapura road, Anjanapura post, Avalahalli, Royal Park residency layout 2, 9th phase. JP Nagar, Bangalore 560062 THE COURTYARD HOUSE: The courtyard house is located off Sarjapur Road, the premise is a unique and unconventional property suited for various events, namely weddings. The outdoor space of courtyard house draws in people looking to get away from the traffic and noise in the city, well within the city limits. The green grass and tall trees make for great photographic backdrops making it popular for wedding events. Customer Reviews : Address: Janatha Colony, Gunjur Palya, Bengaluru 560087 RITZ-CARLTON:   The Ritz-Carlton has over 277 spacious rooms and suites and is one of the most luxurious hotels in Bangalore. Seven luxurious restaurants, the Ritz-Carlton spa, and tastefully appointed meeting spaces make it ideal to host marriage occasions. Customer Reviews : Address: 99, Residency Road, Shanthala Nagar, Ashok Nagar, Bengaluru 560025 BALAN FARM CONVENTION CENTER: Balan farm is a green, wooded island of peace and serenity nestled quietly in the busy rapidly developing JP Nagar. Neighboring the Brigade Millenium Apartments and L&T South city it spreads across two acres of an old orchard retaining the ancient fruit-bearing trees and landscaped gardens. Balan Farm convention center JP Nagar has over 10,000 sq ft of the tiled canopy without any walls blocking and it makes for a really good view. Customer Reviews : Address: 99/4, Nataraja Layout, JP Nagar 7th Phase, Bengaluru 560078 HYATT MG ROAD: Hyatt a 5 Star hotels in Bangalore is located on MG Road. The guest rooms are colorful with a great view of the city, this makes it an ideal place for private ceremonies with 2300 sq ft of meeting and event space. The Hyatt MG road, Bangalore also has restaurants like the Pink Poppadom, Liquid Lounge, and Bar. Customer Reviews : Address: 1/1, Swami Vivekananda Road, Someshwarpura, Ulsoor, Bengaluru 560008 BUNGALOW 7 Bungalow7 offers a unique setting for a wedding, pre-wedding and post-wedding functions. The place hosts a variety of public and private events all within a stunning heritage setting of central Bangalore. Customer Reviews : Address: 7, Hall Road, Richards Town, Bengaluru 560005 GAYATRI VIHAR MANTAPA: Gayatri Vihar is one of the most luxurious wedding halls situated on Palace ground. It boasts of a massive one lakh sq ft area which can easily accommodate up to 5000 guests. The ambiance of the place makes it ideal for community gatherings and private parties. Customer Reviews : Address: Jayamahal Palace Ground, Bengaluru 560080
    • My best friend is getting married with his long-term girlfriend next month. As a best friend, I want to give them the best present they would ever receive on their special day. I am planning to buy them plane tickets and book them for a one week trip abroad. However, I am torn between Ukraine ski trip and a tour to Lima, Peru. My best friend loves skiing and his future wife is a chef, so I presume she would want to experience a Peruvian taste. Now, I am confused. Which is which? I would appreciate it if you guys will leave a comment to help me out with this. Suggesting a way better idea which will accommodate the two activities for the soon-to-be wedded couple is a big help too. Thanks!    
    • Hello all!! I'm getting married next week. Every arrangement has been done by my sister for my special day. When I joined in an MNC I was troubled with severe headaches and as per my colleague's instruction, I took an appointment in a nearby eye clinic. And after an eye examination in Toronto, the eye specialist diagnosed hypermetropia in me. And the doctor prescribed eyeglasses for me. The doctor suggested me to wear eyeglasses during the working time. But I used to wear it sometimes not every day. Then I was troubled with severe eye strain and headache and mom was scolding me to wear eyeglasses every day. I thought of saying goodbye to eyeglasses forever. I'm planning for a Lasik eye surgery soon before my marriage. I don't know whether I'm eligible for Lasik eye surgery. I'm tensed about its recovery time and its complications. Can someone help me by sharing your views?  
    • In the 2017 bridal fashion week, many styles of wedding dresses were gradually popular. From serious bling to regal capes and fun and flirty short numbers, ByCouturier've got all the hottest wedding dress trends you need to know. Allover Sparkle
      Over-the-top sequins, tonal beading and metallic embellishments turned the Bridal Fashion Week runways into a glittery affair. Perfect for evening nuptials under the stars, this trend is daring but sophisticated. Pro tip: If you're rocking a gown with lots of sparkle, keep your accessories minimal and let your glitzy frock do all the talking.  Bold Ball Gowns
      If you're looking to make a dramatic entrance, a classic ball gown is for you—and we saw plenty of them. Take a cue from long, lace sleeves, or get glam with an embellished strapless bodice. No matter the details, this voluminous style is sure to turn heads.  Captivating Capes
      Not into veils? A full-length bridal cape or shorter capelet is the perfect alternative: It still adds movement to your gown, but feels fashion forward. Plus, this trend is an easy way to pull off a mid-wedding outfit change. Wear a cape or capelet for a more formal look during your ceremony, then whisk it away to hit the dance floor at your reception. Short, Sassy Dresses
      Whether you show off your legs (and a killer pair of heels) in an embellished mini or opt for a more conservative midi-length number, a wedding dress with a flirty hemline is a chic way to mix it up. Not willing to give up your dream ball gown? Change into a shorter frock to spice up your reception or after-party.  Plunging Necklines
      The deep V-neckline is a must-try for two reasons: It flatters your upper body (even if you're busty!) and elongates your frame. A plunging V with scalloped lace is ultra-feminine, while a sleek V plays up the inherently sexy vibe of a curve-skimming silhouette. Just make sure you have fashion tape handy the day of to avoid any wardrobe malfunctions. 
      Skinny Straps
      We love this trend for two reasons: A gown with barely there straps has all of the sex appeal of a strapless neckline, plus added support. We call that a bridal fashion win. 
  • Topics

×