Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
cutierosie

Moon Palace 2008 & 2009 Brides - POST HERE!

Recommended Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by indy_chic View Post
I'm still waiting !! Travel agent is still waiting to hear from the tour operator who has requested something in writing confirming I will be offered these services . I hope this isn't a true reflection of the hotel and their customer service sad.gif


Sounds like you needed to investigate the packages offered by the Hotel before you book it with the TA. I found on the internet that some free additions are not offered to the Tour operator or TA only through the hotel.
So good luck.. Hopefully, things will work out. I booked through the hotel and got a contract that stated everything that is part of the package including all freebies.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by ashnic2005 View Post
Sounds like you needed to investigate the packages offered by the Hotel before you book it with the TA. I found on the internet that some free additions are not offered to the Tour operator or TA only through the hotel.
So good luck.. Hopefully, things will work out. I booked through the hotel and got a contract that stated everything that is part of the package including all freebies.

I had researched all of their wedding packages, the add on options plus the wedding promotions. The way I see it is regardless of how/who you book your reservation with , you should qualify for the promotions. After speaking with the TA she said that getting the promotions would be part of the pkg. When it came down to the paper work, neither of them had included any mention of the free inclusions for cocktail party or private functions sad.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by indy_chic View Post
I had researched all of their wedding packages, the add on options plus the wedding promotions. The way I see it is regardless of how/who you book your reservation with , you should qualify for the promotions. After speaking with the TA she said that getting the promotions would be part of the pkg. When it came down to the paper work, neither of them had included any mention of the free inclusions for cocktail party or private functions sad.gif
I guess part of the confusion here is due to Palace not actually making it a part of their wedding packages. Also when they are referring to a "Group Booking" they are referring to THEIR Group Booking (Palace resort group booking), not your travel agents. They have worked with travel agents in the past to include these perks for their bride however I believe the travel agent has to work this out with them. They include the 'wedding freebies' when you sign a 'Group Booking' contract via the 'Group Benefits' link on the wedding website homepage. Here is what it says:

Group Benefits
We are happy to have you celebrating one of the most important days of your life with us, but we want to make your celebration even better. Palace Resorts is pleased to offer the happy couple with great incentives when booking a group with us*

10 to 19 rooms – complimentary cocktail for guests after ceremony *
20 to 24 rooms – complimentary private function + 4 free nights for bride & groom *
25 or more rooms – unlimited private functions + 7 free nights for bride & groom*

To request a wedding group proposal for 10 rooms or more, click here

* Free room and functions will be credited through a group contract. On-line bookings do not qualify. Certain restrictions apply.


When you sign a group contract directly with Palace Resorts they send you a link that your guests can use to book their rooms directly for your wedding. Your Miami wedding coordinator manages the people that book via the link. I would have your travel agent contact Palace resorts directly and speak to their Group Booking Representative to try and work that out. Hope this helps.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Does anyone know if guests staying somewhere else can purchase day passes for days other than the wedding? I want my aunt to come to the rehearsal dinner and maybe a brunch the next morning but if they can only come in for the wedding that will be a problem! She booked at a different resort through her timeshare, even though I highly discouraged it, but wants to buy a guest pass for herself and my cousins.

 

Does anyone who has gotten married there know?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by slapsappyhappy View Post
Does anyone know if guests staying somewhere else can purchase day passes for days other than the wedding? I want my aunt to come to the rehearsal dinner and maybe a brunch the next morning but if they can only come in for the wedding that will be a problem! She booked at a different resort through her timeshare, even though I highly discouraged it, but wants to buy a guest pass for herself and my cousins.

Does anyone who has gotten married there know?

I just got married at MP in October. Yes, your guests can purchase a daypass for whatever day they want to come to the resort. It is effective from like 7am-12am and have access to everything at the resort. They have to buy one for each day they would be visiting. You would need to give the names to your WC and then it will make the process a lot easier.
I also had a professional photographer/videographer shoot my wedding-so I bought them daypasses.

Let me know if you have any other questions.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by xoxo1441 View Post
I just got married at MP in October. Yes, your guests can purchase a daypass for whatever day they want to come to the resort. It is effective from like 7am-12am and have access to everything at the resort. They have to buy one for each day they would be visiting. You would need to give the names to your WC and then it will make the process a lot easier.
I also had a professional photographer/videographer shoot my wedding-so I bought them daypasses.

Let me know if you have any other questions.

where was your photographer/videographer from? Mexico? and you just got them a day pass? that's great, did you tell your WC? (cause i know you're not meant to bring in external vendors) interesting! :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi Ladies!

 

I'm getting married at the Sun Palace Feb. 20, 2010, but all of our guests are staying at the moon palace and so are we. (we had to do this because there were no times available at the moon palace the day we chose to get married.

 

Ok, so it's 75 days away from our wedding and my wedding planner is not emailing me back and when she does she doesn't answer any of my questions! I'm freaking! I was not a fan of any of the flower options (but the funny thing is that none of the options even matched the other packages)

 

We have unlimited private functions so we'll be having a reception with about 55 people, I'm basically freaking out because the clock is ticking and I don't want to end up hating our ceremony and reception decor. So help! Any advice? any pics you can share?

 

Thank you in advance!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Carly, I'm so sorry! I am about 98 days away from the wedding, and we are slow to get answers. After reading through most of the posts on this site, previous brides say that they stress because the WC does not communicate frequently, but once you get to the resort, everything will be in place. Our last email to our onsite WC, she replied back saying that she is dealing with Oct/Nov/Dec weddings now, and everything will be just as the bride wants it to be. I trust her, because I have not yet read (on this site or any other ) that a wedding has been a disaster! Keep emailing and one question at a time, you will get your answers!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Does anyone know why there is a weight restriction/ or # of ppl restriction for certain reception terraces? Our WC emailed me some pictures of the different outdoor reception sites and some said that there was no dancing, due to weight restrictions or something...any ideas?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×