Sign in to follow this  
cutierosie

Moon Palace 2008 & 2009 Brides - POST HERE!

Hello everyone!

Some of you have already welcomed me on the newbies board - but I just wanted to introduce myself.

I'm Siobhan, a transplanted New Yorker in Baltimore, MD. My Fiance, Thomas and I are in the early stages of planning our Moon Palace wedding in July 2009.

We have not yet reserved a date, but we have confirmed site visits on Monday August 11th. I can't wait!

I'm looking forward to sharing all my ideas and getting your amazing advice on everything.

You all seem like a lovely bunch of ladies!

I'm so happy I found you!

=]

thanks for the info, i just want to know what i have to work off of. I did see a table setting and chair covers that i like. Our wedding is so far out and cant get too much info yet, Please let me know if they do provide a Dj, i got an email with prices for a dj, it was 4 hours for $1,000.

hi ntanzob,

I'm also wearing ivory... it's my first, but have two kids already didn't want anyone talking about me when they seen me in white!!! i'm having silk ones made and bring them with me they look real you would never know and i saved sooo much money i think the ones they offer are ok and the price is high. also there are web sites you can order them from and they are really cute!!! just an idea.

lor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dez921714 View Post
I'd say your husband..if you walk with your two sons, then what about your daughter....

It might be windy for candles.....
Good morning! I agree with that....unless we all walk down together :o) I think it would be more romantic for my husband and I meet and walk down together. Our kids will have great memories of watching us do that...it'll also let them know that despite all the disposable marriages out there....there are still ones out there that last like there supposed to.

If you look at the photo of the gazebo, they have wind barriers. I never noticed them before and am not sure if they are just on the chapel gazebo, but that might take care of the wind. You know the whole 20 guests, 20 year, 20 candles sounds a little appealing. I am thinking it might be a PITA to get them all there though. 20 candles are a lot to tote around - might be much easier for the sand thing. Some day soon - I have to make a decision.

My mom will be here in a couple of weeks - I think we will take the gerbera daisy approach as well as the oriental lily approach, but rather than real we might try and find life like silk. I am still trying to decide on that one. I love flowers - I love color - I love real flowers, but I hate to think that they will all be dead shortly there after.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CitrusBride View Post
Hello everyone!

Some of you have already welcomed me on the newbies board - but I just wanted to introduce myself.

I'm Siobhan, a transplanted New Yorker in Baltimore, MD. My Fiance, Thomas and I are in the early stages of planning our Moon Palace wedding in July 2009.

We have not yet reserved a date, but we have confirmed site visits on Monday August 11th. I can't wait!

I'm looking forward to sharing all my ideas and getting your amazing advice on everything.

You all seem like a lovely bunch of ladies!

I'm so happy I found you!

=]
Hi Siobhan!
Welcome!!
August 11th is my wedding day! I will be the 5pm bride hopefully in the Chapel Gazebo! You should come by and say HI!!
Good luck with your planning and enjoy every minute of it!

-Melissa

Hi Lor - having children doesn't make it so you can't wear white :o( Anyway....I have recently learned that it doesn't matter what anyone thinks or says -we all need to do what makes ourselves happy. Ivory is beautiful! Who is making your silk flowers?

Hello all,

Sorry, I've been away and unable to post.

About the DJ, I was given a quote of 150 an hour and that he was only available inside. But is seems others were told different. Does anyone have a definite answer?

My big concern is the flowers. Does anyone have pictures of the bridal bouquet that comes with the packages? Or prices and photos of centerpieces?

This site has been a lifesaver. I don't know where I'd be without all of your posts.

shots.gif

Hello Ladies,

I am in the midst of making arrangements to send my email wedding proposal via the palace website.

Our hope is to have . . .

January 29, 2009 @ 3pm

3pm Wedding - in the Chapel Gazebo ~

* Do you have to have a catholic ceremony?

- as I am Canadian and we are not able to have the catholic ceremony (as per the palace webside)

followed by a

Cocktail Reception on the terrace - overlooking the ocean - beside the Chapel Gazebo

(while we are having pictures taken)

* I think this should be free, as we have at least 10 rooms booked through CAA Travel and a group contract with the hotel through Signature

followed by

Dinner at the Steak Restaurant-or some other restaurant (any recommendations)

or Ideally

Dinner on the terrace (beside the Chapel Gazebo)

- We would like all the 'bells and whistles' ~ We hope to have the special linens, seating guide, menu card ~ all the extras would find on the website ~ Does anyone have experience with this?

Sound System - as we have heard that you can use your IPOD??

Lighting System - any info is helpful?

Is any other bride planning this type of day ~ as I could you any advise - pics etc.

I also hope to hire an outside photographer vendor - Del Sol Photography ~ Does anyone have any reviews of their abilities - costs? Or do you recommed another Vendor?

My thought is if you are going to go away you should have terrific pictures that truly detail the experience.

Grand Moon side - has anyone heard updates on this side of the resort - as we have requested that our guests stay on this sidehuh.gif??

Sorry for the 20 questions - but I am sure there are more (lol)

Thank you to each of you as your posts are a huge help!

Take Care

Laura