Sign in to follow this  
cutierosie

Moon Palace 2008 & 2009 Brides - POST HERE!

hey ladies...i know what your saying, the beach outside isn't any good for swimming in...but....how far is it til the sea is ok to swim in? are we talking a wee walking distance - like 10mins? or further/longer? Just wondering! :)

Dana- Thank you for answering my question...Is that the only way around having an outside vendor. I am only asking -just in case. I am sure MP's band is good enough...My FI has to read the contract and then we will be signing it and sending it to them! EXCITED. Already preparing our STD cards!! We are thinking about doing those Airline tickets as the STD. My FI is creative in soo many ways and he is designing as we speak!

Anytime Jodimichelle! That is the only way that I know of since they explicitly say in the contract that no outside vendors are allowed. Good luck doing your STDs- def post pics once you complete them- we looooove seeing pics!

Thank you for the set up pictures! I wonder what they do with those containers if you have an older package...I am hoping they would just remove them? My guest list number is not very high anymore for the destination wedding, so I'm thinking it might be a better idea to spend more of my budget on flowers for the AHR. I do like some of the set ups though! Fireworks after the ceremony was an interesting addition?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fabi View Post
Is the Immaculate Conception Catholic Chapel REALLY recognized by the Catholic Church?
Hi Fabi,

We are in Dallas and we did not have any issues getting the MP chapel 'confirmed' by the church here in Dallas. We went through all of the classes that were required and then the Deacon tracked down the Priest in Mexico to confirm that it was legit - it took him a couple of days but he succeeded and then gave the OK for us to get married there. The Deacon required us to send all of the Catholic documents to a different address than what MP provided us. We did this and it took several months to track down that they actually received the documents. I'd recommend sending copies of your documents and then bring the originals with you when you go to MP just in case. Also if I had to do things over again, I would have sent a copy to the MP address as well. Oh and one more thing the Miami office also requests that you send them a copy of your documents too.

We decided to get legally married in Dallas versus having the civil ceremony prior to the catholic ceremony. It was cheaper this way and seemed easier for some reason. If you decide to do this I would recommend getting married at least a month prior to your departure date. It took about 2.5 weeks for us to get the marriage certificate (just received it yesterday) and now I need to track down someone at the government offices to get copies (MP requires a copy) - not sure how long that will take.

MP recently had a change with Catholic ceremonies - the new Father is Father Benedict and his email is baguilar@palaceresorts.com (baguilar at palaceresorts dot com). The official name on his email account is: Padre Benito Aguilar Mendivil

Camie