Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
cutierosie

Moon Palace 2008 & 2009 Brides - POST HERE!

Recommended Posts

We are thinking about doing the ballroom, we have about 60 booked so far. does anyone know how the room decor comes as is?? what does the table top and chairs look like? all the pictures they sent are nice and the chairs have covers?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi everyone! Has anyone received a price list for any of the additional decorating items? I was told that the chair covers are $6 each. The standard decorating comes with all white linen and white chairs without chair covers. The cocktail party comes with high tables (bar like) and high chairs - white linen on all the tables. Anyone know of any cool sites on hair styles? I am not the youngest one - and looking for a hair style is mind boggling.

 

Sharla - your wedding is right around the corner and everthing sounds awesome! Sounds like you are going to have the perfect day!

 

Pookie - what time frame will you be in Cancun? We arrive the day before your wedding :o) Have you been contacted yet? Anything interesting I should know about :o)

 

I was reading the posts on the vows - I was recently told that the minister will read any vows that you provide as long as you are not doing the catholic ceremony. What is interesting, though, is that we do not meet with the minister at all before the cermony.

 

Was anyone told that a DJ comes with the wedding and takes care of all songs before, during, and after the cermony? I am hoping that is right :o) Please let me know if any of you know different.

 

I hope everyone's planning is going great. I still have more to do than I have done and approaching the date quickly.

 

Take care!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi Dez.......

 

I have been meaning to ask you this----- where did you get the pictures of the bridal bouquets? I love them! I still have to get flowers, etc and am very undecisive on what I want. I cannot go elaborate and do not know if I should do ivory to match my dress. Do you think that would be bad if I did knowing that I am not a "real bride"?

 

We finally found the ring I am going to get - oh gosh, it is beautiful! We have been looking at rings for some time now and I wasn't sold on the idea of a new diamond or a bigger diamond ring. I would love to post a picture if you are interested in seeing it! It is amazing - and very unique. I am spoiled and very surprised we actually bought it.

 

take care!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks girls!

The woman I spoke to said that he won't read anything during our ceremony and that we have say our own vows. We wanted to do the blessing of the hands ceremony and she told us he won't read anything. : (

I'll talk to someone again. Maybe the woman I spoke with didn't know.

 

Thanks again,

Melissa

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by ntanzob View Post
Hi Dez.......

I have been meaning to ask you this----- where did you get the pictures of the bridal bouquets? I love them! I still have to get flowers, etc and am very undecisive on what I want. I cannot go elaborate and do not know if I should do ivory to match my dress. Do you think that would be bad if I did knowing that I am not a "real bride"?

We finally found the ring I am going to get - oh gosh, it is beautiful! We have been looking at rings for some time now and I wasn't sold on the idea of a new diamond or a bigger diamond ring. I would love to post a picture if you are interested in seeing it! It is amazing - and very unique. I am spoiled and very surprised we actually bought it.

take care!
I think Ivory to match your dress would be lovely. I personally like color and if your dress is white or ivory a colored bouquet would POP :) The flowers in my signature I found by searching online. I did a google search for "Fushia bouquets" and then clicked on top where it says "Images" and it pulled up a bunch of picutes...then I just picked the ones i like best. My BM are in Aqua dress with light ivory accents. I think I might give them fushia flowers, MOH will have fushia and white and maybe I'll see if they can do mine fushia, white and aqua...I wonder how that would look :)

And what's that nonsese about not being a "real" bride! You will be as real a bride as any of us! Just with a lot more insight :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Good morning Dez -

 

Thanks :o) I have heard different things about the whole bride issue and not too sure how I feel about it. Sometimes I feel dumb being in this forum,. but oh well - I really need the information I am getting and I appreciate all of it :o)

 

I love fushia! I think that is why the flowers really intrigued me. Although I do not really have "attendants" per se - My daughter (13 y.o. MoH) and best friend are wearing Navy - not my favorite color but that was my husband's idea :o) He is wearing his dress Blues and thought it would be neat. My daughter is wearing navy blue - his exact color - and ivory - my exact color and looks absolutely beautiful with the combined colors of her mom and dad. I cannot decide on a color flower or type for that matter that will look elegant with the dresses. Navy came to mind, but that seems too drab for an island type of wedding :o) I am at a complete loss here. I have looked at different silk flower websites and so far none of them have "wowed" me - and guess what we are pretty much running out of time :o)

 

We still have to get our sons clothing taken care of - remember when I said we can't decide if they should be wearing tux's....well we still don't know :o)

 

However insightful I am on the whole marriage thing - the wedding has me at a complete loss.smile35.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by ntanzob View Post
Good morning Dez -

Thanks :o) I have heard different things about the whole bride issue and not too sure how I feel about it. Sometimes I feel dumb being in this forum,. but oh well - I really need the information I am getting and I appreciate all of it :o)

I love fushia! I think that is why the flowers really intrigued me. Although I do not really have "attendants" per se - My daughter (13 y.o. MoH) and best friend are wearing Navy - not my favorite color but that was my husband's idea :o) He is wearing his dress Blues and thought it would be neat. My daughter is wearing navy blue - his exact color - and ivory - my exact color and looks absolutely beautiful with the combined colors of her mom and dad. I cannot decide on a color flower or type for that matter that will look elegant with the dresses. Navy came to mind, but that seems too drab for an island type of wedding :o) I am at a complete loss here. I have looked at different silk flower websites and so far none of them have "wowed" me - and guess what we are pretty much running out of time :o)

We still have to get our sons clothing taken care of - remember when I said we can't decide if they should be wearing tux's....well we still don't know :o)

However insightful I am on the whole marriage thing - the wedding has me at a complete loss.smile35.gif
I think your daughter in both your color and your husbands color is awesome! Since she's a combination of the two of you to begin with :) If you like fushia, I say go for fushia flowers. Maybe Gerber Daisy's (fun and young, but pretty) for her and oriental lillies (a little more "mature" and eligant) for you.

I actually asked the MP prices for gerber daisy's and oriental lillies, but she just wrote me back today and said that they are in the process of changing florists, so she can't get me prices right now....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Let me know if MP lets you know the prices.

 

That combination sounds fabulous! Thank you very much! I will contact my WC today and ask if she could get me some prices.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by ntanzob View Post
Pookie - what time frame will you be in Cancun? We arrive the day before your wedding :o) Have you been contacted yet? Anything interesting I should know about :o)
Sorry I have been MIA lately, thought I'd try the whole working at work thing, it didn't work so well, but at least I tried. I will be in Cancun July 18 to 28, so we will be there while you are there, maybe we can meet up or something. I just finally been assigned a WC and have been trying to iron out some details. I'm a bit disappointed with the way they do things, we have the superior package, which includes a bridal bouquet, some flowers for the ceremony, photo package and cake. They free bouquet pictures provided by the WC didn't look like what i wanted, so i asked if I can use the price of the free one towards a better bouquet, the answer is no, you cannot use the value of any of the free stuff (which is not really free, you pay for it in the package) towards other products. You can choose to forgo your included things and buy a new bouquet for $240. Same goes for photo packages and cake. Had I known, I would have done the free package, and purchased my own stuff on top of it. Oh well, thought you girls should know.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by ntanzob View Post
Let me know if MP lets you know the prices.

That combination sounds fabulous! Thank you very much! I will contact my WC today and ask if she could get me some prices.
You might be able to get prices where I can't as your wedding is within a month or so...and I have over 7 months left...grumble grumble LOL Let me know what they tell you
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoonPalacePookie View Post
Sorry I have been MIA lately, thought I'd try the whole working at work thing, it didn't work so well, but at least I tried. I will be in Cancun July 18 to 28, so we will be there while you are there, maybe we can meet up or something. I just finally been assigned a WC and have been trying to iron out some details. I'm a bit disappointed with the way they do things, we have the superior package, which includes a bridal bouquet, some flowers for the ceremony, photo package and cake. They free bouquet pictures provided by the WC didn't look like what i wanted, so i asked if I can use the price of the free one towards a better bouquet, the answer is no, you cannot use the value of any of the free stuff (which is not really free, you pay for it in the package) towards other products. You can choose to forgo your included things and buy a new bouquet for $240. Same goes for photo packages and cake. Had I known, I would have done the free package, and purchased my own stuff on top of it. Oh well, thought you girls should know.
I would nicely raise holy hell. I know that with the photo pacages you can "upgrade" them and for the Bridal bouquet, they told me that the basic is included and depending on the flowers you want, the price may change. Be persistant, be firm, but remember to be NICE! if you get testy they'll be much less likely to work with you. Also, if someone can't help you, ask for the person above them, and then above them...eventually, someone will help you. Let us know what happens!!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  


  • Best Destination Wedding Sponsors



    Facebook Pinterest Google+ Twitter
  • Posts

    • How to login Hotmail? Today I am going to show you how to login to any Hotmail account on Desktop and Mobile. If you have a Hotmail account but you don’t know how to sign in Hotmail, this post helps you login Hotmail easy way with pictures. If you don’t have Hotmail account, of course, let Sign up Hotmail. And now, Here is how to sign in Hotmail.
       
    • I and my partner are going to get married on August 12th. We met each other through a lesbian dating website. Both of us want that day to be a memorable day. We are in confused on which dress to wear for the wedding ceremony. Any suggestion on lesbian wedding dress? I prefer white, whereas my partner prefers of-white. Which one do you think will look good? Should we go for same dress or different one? Share your thoughts.
    • Choose the flower that is matching with the bride and gown dress.
    • Hotmail gmail login: How to change your gmail password and how to delete your Gmail account? GMAIL is the most popular emailing service, with almost had a billion people worldwide logging on every day to check their emails. Google has recently added a number of new updates to make it easier to secure your Gmail, as well as safely deleting your email account. How do you change your password or delete your hotmail account?
    • Việc tìm kiếm một phòng khám bệnh trĩ uy tín sẽ giúp người bệnh giảm bớt được cơn ác mộng đối với căn bệnh này. Bài viết dưới đây sẽ cung cấp giúp các bạn một số những thông tin về phòng khám bệnh trĩ Thái Hà http://benhtrithaiha.com
  • Topics

×