Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
cutierosie

Moon Palace 2008 & 2009 Brides - POST HERE!

Recommended Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by DWandMJ View Post
Thanks a bunch, Amduran! Have you already selected your photographer? Based on the photos, the two with the blonde bride are definately more my style (David Pena). I sent Claudia an inquiry for more samples and an inquiry to request David Pena specifically. It seems to take her a week or more to respond sad.gif
Yes, I requested David Pena. I spoke to Mario (the head of photography) and he has assigned David to my wedding. It seems to me that David's photography style is more romantic and less posed. Wish me luck with my pictures! That is the only concern I have... I leave in a week exactly. I am very excited. I just wish that I could have had more planned beforehand, but communication with the WC has been extremely challenging (to say the least).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wow.... gotta love the language barrier sad.gif

Because its been taking Claudia a while to respond, I decided to call the resort in hopes of speaking directly to Mario to request David Pena, and instead managed to have to reexplain myself 4 times to the girl that answered the phone that I would like to request a specific resort photographer, and that yes, a WC had already been assigned. In the end, she's placing a note in my file, but not actually confirming anything. And I still didn't get to discuss the matter with Mario. Hhhmmpphh!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Today I received a response from my interim WC, Pilar, on some of the questions I had. So I thought I would share...

 

Q. Can a dance floor be setup on Chapel Garden? Or will there be a space for guests to dance?

A. NO, WE DO NOT SET UP DANCE FLOOR ON AN EXTERNAL AREA AS IT IS SLIPPERY, ONLY IN BALLROOM AREA....WE LEAVE A SPACE FOR YOU TO DANCE.

 

Q. Is it true that an indoor backup site is automatically reserved for outside dinners in case of bad weather?

A. YES, THAT IS WHY WE NEED TO BOOK THE LOCATIONS AS SOON AS POSSIBLE CAUSE IT IS ACCORDING TO AVAILABILITY.

 

Q. The private function menu attachment states that there is a required 40 guest minimum. Other documents state that there is a 20 person minimum for a private function. What happens if we have less than 40 guests?

A. DO NOT WORRY, YOU CAN CHOOSE THE MENU FROM THERE.

 

Q. How long is does the catholic ceremony last?

A. NORMALLY IS 1HR

 

Q. Can the cocktail hour and dinner start at half past the hour (6:30, 7:30) or must they begin on the hour (7:00, 8:00)?

A. MOST OF THE COUPLE STARTS AT 7:00PM WHILE THE COUPLE IS IN THE PHOTOGRAPH SESSION, UNLESS YOU WANT TO JOIN THEM AT THE COCKTAIL TOO. CAN START AT 7:30PM.

 

Q. Do you have wheelchairs or transportation to escort the elderly from the ceremony site to the reception site?

A. FOR A WHEELCHAIR YOU HAVE TO CHECK IT UPON ARRIVAL WITH PUBLIC RELATIONS, WE HAVE INTERNAL TRANSPORTATION..GOLFCARTS THAT RUNS AROUND THE LOCATION.

 

Q. What is the additional cost of open bar per hour during dinner/dance time?

A. $60 USD/TABLE.

 

Q. What is included with the iPod music service option (package 4)? Speakers? Microphone?

A. YES, SPEAKERS, MICROPHONE & MIXER.

 

Q. With the DJ music service (package 2), does the DJ pick all music or do we pick the music to be played?

A. YOU CAN BRING YOU OWN CD'S IF YOU WANT PLUS WHAT HE HAS..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by DWandMJ View Post
Wow.... gotta love the language barrier sad.gif
Because its been taking Claudia a while to respond, I decided to call the resort in hopes of speaking directly to Mario to request David Pena, and instead managed to have to reexplain myself 4 times to the girl that answered the phone that I would like to request a specific resort photographer, and that yes, a WC had already been assigned. In the end, she's placing a note in my file, but not actually confirming anything. And I still didn't get to discuss the matter with Mario. Hhhmmpphh!
Marie -
Don't get worried if you can't get them to commit anything now. They are really focused on weddings happening in the next few weeks (which I am very grateful for). I know that as a bride it is VERY difficult to be patient. They will not really work with you an exact details (i.e. photographer assigned) if you are too far out. You are better off making sure that the note is put in your file and then when you get closer, following up on that. I am very grateful that they are paying closer attention to me now that my wedding is around the corner. Everyone is going to get the attention they need before the time comes. This is something that was reiterated over and over again when I met with the weddings department at the Moon during my site visit. This is a well-oiled machine that they have down there. Trust me, it is very frustrating not getting answers ASAP... but I have confidence everything is going to turn out great.
Good luck!!
Alex

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camie78 View Post
Today I received a response from my interim WC, Pilar, on some of the questions I had. So I thought I would share...

Q. Can a dance floor be setup on Chapel Garden? Or will there be a space for guests to dance?
A. NO, WE DO NOT SET UP DANCE FLOOR ON AN EXTERNAL AREA AS IT IS SLIPPERY, ONLY IN BALLROOM AREA....WE LEAVE A SPACE FOR YOU TO DANCE.

Q. Is it true that an indoor backup site is automatically reserved for outside dinners in case of bad weather?
A. YES, THAT IS WHY WE NEED TO BOOK THE LOCATIONS AS SOON AS POSSIBLE CAUSE IT IS ACCORDING TO AVAILABILITY.

Q. The private function menu attachment states that there is a required 40 guest minimum. Other documents state that there is a 20 person minimum for a private function. What happens if we have less than 40 guests?
A. DO NOT WORRY, YOU CAN CHOOSE THE MENU FROM THERE.

Q. How long is does the catholic ceremony last?
A. NORMALLY IS 1HR

Q. Can the cocktail hour and dinner start at half past the hour (6:30, 7:30) or must they begin on the hour (7:00, 8:00)?
A. MOST OF THE COUPLE STARTS AT 7:00PM WHILE THE COUPLE IS IN THE PHOTOGRAPH SESSION, UNLESS YOU WANT TO JOIN THEM AT THE COCKTAIL TOO. CAN START AT 7:30PM.

Q. Do you have wheelchairs or transportation to escort the elderly from the ceremony site to the reception site?
A. FOR A WHEELCHAIR YOU HAVE TO CHECK IT UPON ARRIVAL WITH PUBLIC RELATIONS, WE HAVE INTERNAL TRANSPORTATION..GOLFCARTS THAT RUNS AROUND THE LOCATION.

Q. What is the additional cost of open bar per hour during dinner/dance time?
A. $60 USD/TABLE.

Q. What is included with the iPod music service option (package 4)? Speakers? Microphone?
A. YES, SPEAKERS, MICROPHONE & MIXER.

Q. With the DJ music service (package 2), does the DJ pick all music or do we pick the music to be played?
A. YOU CAN BRING YOU OWN CD'S IF YOU WANT PLUS WHAT HE HAS..
Thanks so much for this information.

It is such a huge help to have direct info from the hotel.

Some more questions

1. Chapel Garden - Are you having your reception there? This is where we hope to have ours.
- Dance Floor - so there will be an area to dance - I am just concerned about my guests being on the grass all night.


2. Are you having your Cocktail Reception in the same location as the Reception?


3. With the DJ Package 4 - does lighting also come with this?
- we are planning on using our ipod for the music and purchasing package 4
Are there specific hook ups that we require in order to plug into their system?

Thanks again wink.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by amduran View Post
Marie -
Don't get worried if you can't get them to commit anything now. They are really focused on weddings happening in the next few weeks (which I am very grateful for). I know that as a bride it is VERY difficult to be patient. They will not really work with you an exact details (i.e. photographer assigned) if you are too far out. You are better off making sure that the note is put in your file and then when you get closer, following up on that. I am very grateful that they are paying closer attention to me now that my wedding is around the corner. Everyone is going to get the attention they need before the time comes. This is something that was reiterated over and over again when I met with the weddings department at the Moon during my site visit. This is a well-oiled machine that they have down there. Trust me, it is very frustrating not getting answers ASAP... but I have confidence everything is going to turn out great.
Good luck!!
Alex
Thanks for the photog info.

We have hired an outside photographer for 2 nights and no longer truly require the photography included in our package

BUT . . . . we don't want to just give it us as it has been paid for . . . therefore I am requesting that we use it for our Welcome Dinner.

Has anyone had experience with this?

Thanks again
Laura

Is any bride using the photos included in their package for another time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnyBride View Post
Hi HaleGrifa,

Congrats on your wedding! I'm getting so excited as the day gets closer.

We are getting married at 4:00 PM on the 29th. I had asked the resort who my wedding coordinator was, and was told that it's Marlyn, but the more posts I read, the more it seems like she might not actually be the WC, she's just the contact until I actually get one assigned? Do you have one yet?

I have asked for the Tucan Wedding Gazebo, because I kind of like the idea of a longer pathway to walk on, and we're not having a Catholic ceremony. Do you have yours booked yet?

We were going to have a cocktail party on the Sat or Sun that everyone arrives as a 'meet the wedding group', and then on our wedding day we'll just have the private function. I don't know locations or anything like that for the private functions yet (I've asked Marlyn, so I'm just waiting). Do you know where your function is?

Are you planning on having it indoors or outside?
Hello Canadian Bride.

Wow I can't believe that we are on the same day!

When do you arrive and depart? How many guests do you have? Did you book through MP or a TA - cost? Are you honeymooning at the MP?

We are getting married at 3pm on the 29th - but hoping to change the time to 4pm (either way it does not matter, but we would like to move it back)

Our plan is as follows, although not set in stone:

Ceremony - 3pm (or 4pm) Chapel Gazebo
- We are currently assigned to the Tucan Gazebo - which I am ok with, but would prefer the Chapel. We are having a Civil Ceremony with the Deluxe Package. I have requested through my WC to have the Chapel and she is going to confirm with me once we begin planning.

Cocktail Reception to follow the Ceremony - maybe Chapel Garden or a Terrace

Terraces- Do you know of any info on these? We would like to select something close the Chapel and the Grand Side.

Reception to Follow - Chapel Garden or Terrace

We are unsure about using the Garden - as there may be other weddings in the background (although I heard this never happens) As well, I wonder about being on the grass for sitting and dancing? (shoes)

We are doing a round table set-up with also the lounge set-up incorporated.

Does any Bride have experience with the lounge set-up?

We hope to extend the reception - but unsure of the cost. Based on that we will determine when we will head to the Disco.

Music - What are you doing for this? We are bringing our ceremony music and reception music on an IPOD (we will burn the ceremony music on a cd - as I have read that this is a must)

We have tonnes to chat about!!

Where in Canada are you? We are in Niagara Falls, Ontario.

Happy to meet you - Laura

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hello all, Hoping you can help! We are planning on getting married in Nov '09 - app 100-120 guests - want an outdoor ceremony and private reception. We are having a hard time choosing between the resorts in Cancun (have to be kid-friendly)... can any of you provide some insight into why you choose Moon Palace over some of the other places? It looks beautiful - but would love any thoughts! Many thanks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey everyone! I am hoping to book the 2:00pm slot on July 18th at MP! I'm so excited! I've been trying to find a good travel agent who works with the MP and will be able to get us a good deal for our guests...any one have any suggestions??

 

Did anyone book their wedding date before finding a TA? Is that allowed?? I'm so confused! Sorry if someone's already posted this info!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  


  • Best Destination Wedding Sponsors



    Facebook Pinterest Google+ Twitter
  • Posts

    • Planning to get married? Let’s discover some great wedding venues in Bangalore. The increasing demand for the wedding venues in Bangalore makes it very difficult for both the bride’s and groom’s family to get hold of a marriage hall that is suitable for the marriage. As they say, marriages have to be organized in a grand fashion. The atmosphere and the ambiance of a wedding make it memorable for a lifetime. Though there are a plenty of wedding venues in Bangalore, there is only a handful of them that are really good, Offering the best possible experience.  Some of the most popular wedding venues in Bangalore are: THE TAMARIND TREE: Tamarind Tree has the old world charm. This is one of the best wedding venues in Bangalore that boast about its eco-friendly surrounding. Built in the middle of a few acres of garden filled with lush greenery and trees, which also includes the tamarind tree after which it was named, a pond, a stage for the band, classic looking pavilions for the guests to sit, and a lot of spaces around the area. The premise has two large kitchens with a very special fully stocked bar and a lot of space where the guests can dine comfortably. The place can accommodate up to 1000 guests. Customer Reviews : Address: 88, Kanakapura road, Anjanapura post, Avalahalli, Royal Park residency layout 2, 9th phase. JP Nagar, Bangalore 560062 THE COURTYARD HOUSE: The courtyard house is located off Sarjapur Road, the premise is a unique and unconventional property suited for various events, namely weddings. The outdoor space of courtyard house draws in people looking to get away from the traffic and noise in the city, well within the city limits. The green grass and tall trees make for great photographic backdrops making it popular for wedding events. Customer Reviews : Address: Janatha Colony, Gunjur Palya, Bengaluru 560087 RITZ-CARLTON:   The Ritz-Carlton has over 277 spacious rooms and suites and is one of the most luxurious hotels in Bangalore. Seven luxurious restaurants, the Ritz-Carlton spa, and tastefully appointed meeting spaces make it ideal to host marriage occasions. Customer Reviews : Address: 99, Residency Road, Shanthala Nagar, Ashok Nagar, Bengaluru 560025 BALAN FARM CONVENTION CENTER: Balan farm is a green, wooded island of peace and serenity nestled quietly in the busy rapidly developing JP Nagar. Neighboring the Brigade Millenium Apartments and L&T South city it spreads across two acres of an old orchard retaining the ancient fruit-bearing trees and landscaped gardens. Balan Farm convention center JP Nagar has over 10,000 sq ft of the tiled canopy without any walls blocking and it makes for a really good view. Customer Reviews : Address: 99/4, Nataraja Layout, JP Nagar 7th Phase, Bengaluru 560078 HYATT MG ROAD: Hyatt a 5 Star hotels in Bangalore is located on MG Road. The guest rooms are colorful with a great view of the city, this makes it an ideal place for private ceremonies with 2300 sq ft of meeting and event space. The Hyatt MG road, Bangalore also has restaurants like the Pink Poppadom, Liquid Lounge, and Bar. Customer Reviews : Address: 1/1, Swami Vivekananda Road, Someshwarpura, Ulsoor, Bengaluru 560008 BUNGALOW 7 Bungalow7 offers a unique setting for a wedding, pre-wedding and post-wedding functions. The place hosts a variety of public and private events all within a stunning heritage setting of central Bangalore. Customer Reviews : Address: 7, Hall Road, Richards Town, Bengaluru 560005 GAYATRI VIHAR MANTAPA: Gayatri Vihar is one of the most luxurious wedding halls situated on Palace ground. It boasts of a massive one lakh sq ft area which can easily accommodate up to 5000 guests. The ambiance of the place makes it ideal for community gatherings and private parties. Customer Reviews : Address: Jayamahal Palace Ground, Bengaluru 560080
    • My best friend is getting married with his long-term girlfriend next month. As a best friend, I want to give them the best present they would ever receive on their special day. I am planning to buy them plane tickets and book them for a one week trip abroad. However, I am torn between Ukraine ski trip and a tour to Lima, Peru. My best friend loves skiing and his future wife is a chef, so I presume she would want to experience a Peruvian taste. Now, I am confused. Which is which? I would appreciate it if you guys will leave a comment to help me out with this. Suggesting a way better idea which will accommodate the two activities for the soon-to-be wedded couple is a big help too. Thanks!    
    • Hello all!! I'm getting married next week. Every arrangement has been done by my sister for my special day. When I joined in an MNC I was troubled with severe headaches and as per my colleague's instruction, I took an appointment in a nearby eye clinic. And after an eye examination in Toronto, the eye specialist diagnosed hypermetropia in me. And the doctor prescribed eyeglasses for me. The doctor suggested me to wear eyeglasses during the working time. But I used to wear it sometimes not every day. Then I was troubled with severe eye strain and headache and mom was scolding me to wear eyeglasses every day. I thought of saying goodbye to eyeglasses forever. I'm planning for a Lasik eye surgery soon before my marriage. I don't know whether I'm eligible for Lasik eye surgery. I'm tensed about its recovery time and its complications. Can someone help me by sharing your views?  
    • In the 2017 bridal fashion week, many styles of wedding dresses were gradually popular. From serious bling to regal capes and fun and flirty short numbers, ByCouturier've got all the hottest wedding dress trends you need to know. Allover Sparkle
      Over-the-top sequins, tonal beading and metallic embellishments turned the Bridal Fashion Week runways into a glittery affair. Perfect for evening nuptials under the stars, this trend is daring but sophisticated. Pro tip: If you're rocking a gown with lots of sparkle, keep your accessories minimal and let your glitzy frock do all the talking.  Bold Ball Gowns
      If you're looking to make a dramatic entrance, a classic ball gown is for you—and we saw plenty of them. Take a cue from long, lace sleeves, or get glam with an embellished strapless bodice. No matter the details, this voluminous style is sure to turn heads.  Captivating Capes
      Not into veils? A full-length bridal cape or shorter capelet is the perfect alternative: It still adds movement to your gown, but feels fashion forward. Plus, this trend is an easy way to pull off a mid-wedding outfit change. Wear a cape or capelet for a more formal look during your ceremony, then whisk it away to hit the dance floor at your reception. Short, Sassy Dresses
      Whether you show off your legs (and a killer pair of heels) in an embellished mini or opt for a more conservative midi-length number, a wedding dress with a flirty hemline is a chic way to mix it up. Not willing to give up your dream ball gown? Change into a shorter frock to spice up your reception or after-party.  Plunging Necklines
      The deep V-neckline is a must-try for two reasons: It flatters your upper body (even if you're busty!) and elongates your frame. A plunging V with scalloped lace is ultra-feminine, while a sleek V plays up the inherently sexy vibe of a curve-skimming silhouette. Just make sure you have fashion tape handy the day of to avoid any wardrobe malfunctions. 
      Skinny Straps
      We love this trend for two reasons: A gown with barely there straps has all of the sex appeal of a strapless neckline, plus added support. We call that a bridal fashion win. 
    • Hello all, 
      I am here to get some suggestions on the best places to go on a honeymoon. I am getting married by the end of next month. 
      I was thinking of Bali or Maldives. But just wanted to know other beautiful and romantic places. The wedding banquet hall is a gift from our parents. The hall they have booked for us is one of the best banquet halls in Vaughan I’ve ever seen... Other arrangements like the videographer, photographer, wedding dress, reception dress are all finalized. The next week we have the pre-wedding shoot. Also, I'll start sending the invitations the same week. So, it is going to be hectic and I don't have time to rest or look for some nice places. So, if anyone here could suggest some places would be a great help. 
      Let me know your suggestions. 
      Thanks in advance! 
  • Topics

×