Moon Palace 2008 & 2009 Brides - POST HERE!

Quote:
Originally Posted by n&n112109 View Post
For those of you who had a cocktail hour and private dinner......

* When did you have your first dance?

* What music did you have playing during the cocktail hour?

* Did you have dancing AFTER the dinner?

Thanks!!
Hey!! We had our cocktail hour from 2 to 3, then a break, which everyone greatly appreciated - then we started our reception at 6pm. We didn't play music during the cocktail hour. From 6 to 7 we did dinner and dinner music, which I just had on my ipod. Then we did the dances, the cake cutting, and then the dancing!!

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrseddy View Post
For those of you who got married, how much luggage did you take down with you? Did you give your OOT bags out before you left to Mexico or distribute them all there? I'm getting nervous at the amount of things we are taking down!!
mrseddy - We had 6 bags (3 for each of us), plus carry-ons and my two dresses. Customs went very smoothly once they figured out it was for a wedding. They did stop Matt because they had to check the maracas - every single one of them!!! For drugs I guess. They were nice and very careful with them. They then glanced at our receipts and sent us on our way. Didn't even take 10 minutes! I would definitely bring the receipts with you, just in case.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nibsmom View Post
Hey!! We had our cocktail hour from 2 to 3, then a break, which everyone greatly appreciated - then we started our reception at 6pm. We didn't play music during the cocktail hour. From 6 to 7 we did dinner and dinner music, which I just had on my ipod. Then we did the dances, the cake cutting, and then the dancing!!
Thanks for responding!!!

Did you rent the sound system? We are thinking about bringing an ipod docking station with speakers since we have such a small group....

Quote:
Originally Posted by TinaM2b View Post
You can change the script but I have heard that you take a chance of getting someone performing the ceremony that have language barriers when they stray from their normal wording. Our WC recommended we change as little a possible. We ended up changing the vows only and adding the sand ceremony and got someone that could read English very well.
Thank you Tina and Nibsmom! Does anyone have a copy of what they say during the ceremony?

FOR THE CATHOLIC CEREMONY: Did you bring your own cushions to kneel downhuh.gif

CAKE-CUTTING: Did you bring your own knife and spatula or did Moon Palace provide this?

CENTER PIECES: Did anyone get any centerpieces? How much do they cost? Are they in Glass Vases? Did anyone use LED's under their Glass Vases for extra glamour or is this just tackyhuh.gif

EXPO-CENTER: Has anyone had their dinner and dance at the ExpoCenter? I only got one tiny little picture from them and I would like to get your feedback as to if it is cute or not. My party will be small (28-40) people.

FAVORS: What favors did you all have? I am thinking about cookies as well as luggage tags and maybe a wine set (cork screw opener and a top).

SUNSCREEN: What kind of sunscreen do you recommend? I heard that you need biodegradable to swim with the dolphins, is this true? Where do you get them? What about sunscreen for your hair?

I get married next month and I am beginning to PANIC.

Quote:
Personally, I thought it was great every night once the sun went down. The ocean breeze is amazing. It was HOT in the sun during the day. It wasn't that bad at all if you were in the shade with the breeze..... BUT, I wouldn't have wanted to have something during the day outside. We live in Austin, Texas where we had almost two months of over 100 degree days with humidity and no breeze. It was a nice break for us in July.

We got there 6 days before the wedding and checked out the site every afternoon starting at five. We were planning to have both the cocktail hour and the reception/dance outside starting at 5. We felt the coctail hour would of been a little hot but by 6 it really started getting more pleasant.

I hope this helps.
TINA: I love your OOT bags! You are awesome!!! I have read and re-read your threads and I wanted to see if there was any last minute advise you could give me? About Favors? About Champagne Flutes? About Cake Cutting tools? About anything and everything? I am beginning to panic! :-) I still have not got my shoes, nor jewelry, nor headpiece. I feel like I am forgetting a lot of things.

Quote:
We had the old deluxe package. I didn't even know it included decor in the gazebo and was pleasantly surprised. Our package included a basic photography package that we did upgrade. See below!

We specifically requested David Pena. He was our phtographer. Originally, we were going upgrade to a package that would bring him back for a couple hours of reception. If I remember correctly, it would of been and extra $845. After really thinking about it, we decided to only do a small upgrade of $220 that gave us more photos (500) and a 64 page album with larger prints.

David did a fantastic job of our wedding photos and photos after the wedding. BUT I am still regretting not having a destination photagrapher team come with us and take pictures of our couple days events and all day the wedding day. I have seen several other brides that brought in their photographers for two or three days of events (usually and man and woman team that spends the entire wedding day with you and DH and attends your other events before and after the wedding) and they truly have photos to share with ones that didn't come. I have some great photos from friends but there are still those special ones that I didn't think to take nor did anyone else take. A professional would of probably captured those things.

Again, I was VERY satisfied with David....... Also we got a DVD of the entire wedding and photo shoot afterwards. We love sharing that with everyone that couldn't make it.
Tina:

I totally understand if you dont want to but is there any way that you can put up the video so we can see it?

Fabi :-)

Quote:
Originally Posted by nibsmom View Post
mrseddy - We had 6 bags (3 for each of us), plus carry-ons and my two dresses. Customs went very smoothly once they figured out it was for a wedding. They did stop Matt because they had to check the maracas - every single one of them!!! For drugs I guess. They were nice and very careful with them. They then glanced at our receipts and sent us on our way. Didn't even take 10 minutes! I would definitely bring the receipts with you, just in case.
I didn't even think about the reciepts THANK YOU!!!

Thank you Nibsmom! I will be sure to start organizing my receipts.

I get butterflies in my stomach everytime I stop to think about what day it is and how in just a few weeks I will be getting married!! OMG!

Just how windy was it when you were there? I'm trying to decide on a hairstyle and I keep hearing that it's best to put it all up, away from your face b/c of strong winds? Is that true?

Also, this is probably a dumb question but is there A/C in the rooms?

Vgirl, I'm attaching examples of ceremonies that Maribel sent me. I'm in the middle of writing mine. I'm using the "religious" one and changing it up quite a bit and hoping for the best!! We don't want an overly religious ceremony but I liked the format of that ceremony better.

WORDING Religious Ceremony EXAMPLEv1.doc

Wording Ceremonia Jorge Pintoexample.doc