Moon Palace 2008 & 2009 Brides - POST HERE!

Angela,

They are all listed here:

Palace Wedding Promotions

Make sure you get a TA that will write your contract for number of rooms time 3 nights or number of room nights. With 20 rooms times 3 you get the free upgraded event. With 25 rooms times 3 you get unlimited free functions. My TA had it with number or rooms (i.e. 20 times 3 nights) or number of paid nights (60 nights). Our total rooms ended up dropping under 20 but because it was worded for room nights too, we got our free stuff for the wedding (of course, we are still working on the free nights but we got the other stuff).

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

did anybody use an outside florist in Cancun or did everyone get silk flowers? I want to use Roberta but it is still going to cost a fortune with 8 bm and 2 jr bm... the resort bouquets are $120 each! It would be cheaper to use the silk, but do you think it is possible to buy them and split them into 2 separate bouquets?

Quote:
Originally Posted by slapsappyhappy View Post
did anybody use an outside florist in Cancun or did everyone get silk flowers? I want to use Roberta but it is still going to cost a fortune with 8 bm and 2 jr bm... the resort bouquets are $120 each! It would be cheaper to use the silk, but do you think it is possible to buy them and split them into 2 separate bouquets?
I used the flowers and also bought the rose petals to be thrown from the resort. I did buy a bouquet and bout from Roberta for pre-photos and events..... As a matter of fact, Roberta has a photo of me and DH on her site. She does amazing work. Just remember that everything you purchase here, you have to get through customs and the limit is $300and if you are checked they will ask for receipts for everything.

I have 9 people staying at moon palace - making up a total of 4 rooms - totalling 91 nights (including us its 11 people, 5 rooms, totalling 96 nights). But they were all booked seperately, through different TA's, some straight through the palace website.....will I be able to get any of the group discounts - or are they really strict about how the bookings were made?

ahhh I am glad you girls are on the topics of packages etc etc.. My fiance and are sooooo stressed and sooo upset....

So we have a TA and she ws working out fine.. da da da until our friends and families were checking out prices online and found much much better deals...

I quickly called my TA and asked her to look into matching the price or getting the orginal pice down. She just couldnt do anything. She said companies like expedia and priceline etc. purchase the rooms and air in bulk and that is why the prices are soo different. So i had to pull the contract =(

We want our friends and families to go and to get the best deals.. But Moon wont except

the number of "rooms" booked with expedia etc towards our "packages"

WHAT TO DOOOO?

TA was there to help us out to organize our guest list amongst the rooms.. Now I am stuck and not knowing what to do..

I could have sworn i read someone said they were able to use expedia towards their packages..

STRESSEDD BRIDE TO BE

(Jodi)

Jodi - Shop around for a new TA - I checked rates with several before settling on one! AND, it doesn't matter where people book their airfare! So, find the cheapest MP price possible and tell them to book their airfare on their own. That's what I did. I used Tammy Host here on the forum and she got me an excellent price!!!

Hi Nibsmom,

Hopefully getting married at Moon Palace in 2011, we're booking it when we're there in Jan as we go there yearly for our holiday. I was just dreading telling my friends and family the price of it to stay there (even though i know they will love it when they're there) would you mind private messaging me and tell me the deal you got with Tammy the Host. Many thanks

Jodi, prices are always going to be a few bucks cheaper online, but since you have a group contract, you get all those events if you book a certain amount of people. Do you think it's all free? Of course not, they hide the fee somewhere, which is why the group rates are all about $10-$20/night more expensive. As for the airfare, if your TA can't get bulk air herself, find someone who can.

We are working directly with Moon Palace Wedding Department and signed a Group Contract. The prices I was quoted are better than what you would pay on Expedia for the room. They both offer the Early Booking Bonus until October 31, 2009. It's only a few dollars cheaper than Expedia for two people but if more people are going to stay in the room (3 or 4) it's a couple hundred cheaper than Expedia... PLUS they get round trip airport transfers included and unlimited tours included (which if you look on Expedia the tours that we get free are from $50-$100 per person) AND you get buy one get one free swim with the dolphins, etc. We are just having everyone book their airfare separately on their own.

Hi Girls

The count down is on! I have less then 2 months to go! I'm starting to get nervous, there's so many things that can go wrong.

I had a couple of questions to the brides already married at Moon Palace.

A friend of mine going to the wedding is a DJ so he's going to DJ the reception and put the music together for the ceremony and the cocktail hour. What kind of equipment do they have to rent? Is there a microphone?Can he hook his laptop up the the system? and for the ceremony is it just a cd player?

Also who should I make an appointment with to do my hair for the wedding?