Moon Palace 2008 & 2009 Brides - POST HERE!

Welcome back Tina! I know many have already said it, but I wanted to say thank you for all of your posts! I really appreciate you taking the time to go on here and post your mini reviews :) Not to mention your pictures are absolutely beautiful!!!!

I had my trial at home today for my hair! :) She did is loose, but I'm hoping they are able to replicate it there with a more finished look. I didn't book for make up (which I'm hoping I don't regrethuh.gif), but I'm thinking of just doing it myself. With it being so hot I'm just planning on using a bronzer-type powder which I will take along to touch up, a neutral lip gloss, and the big deal would be eyes. Guess we'll see!

Tina - I was wondering what your thoughts were for the different restaurants? We are having our wedding dinner at the Arrecifies restaurant for 17 (We lost a guest). I also sent an e-mail asking if we could book a reservation for 15 for a welcome dinner. They said we could have a reservation at either Manglar (Italian buffet at Nizuc Lobby), Gondola (Italian buffet in Sunrise Lobby), or Fragata (Seafood buffet). I wasn't a huge fan of buffets for this, but they stated that Barracuda is not available. I thought about just going to a restaurant the day of and taking my chances, but I'm not sure what the capacity of the hotel is like. I know earlier brides said it was near empty due to swine flu drama, but haven't read anything like that recently (thank goodness!) Any suggestions? I wish there was a restaurant in Grand Moon that would hold us, but nothing has that as an option.

Also, thanks for the suggestions for the flowers! I'm doing an all Gerber daisy theme and was thinking about just selecting when we got there. I'm starting to think I'll do a little google searching and find an image to e-mail as a suggestion for them.

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eureaka View Post
Welcome back Tina! I know many have already said it, but I wanted to say thank you for all of your posts! I really appreciate you taking the time to go on here and post your mini reviews :) Not to mention your pictures are absolutely beautiful!!!!

I had my trial at home today for my hair! :) She did is loose, but I'm hoping they are able to replicate it there with a more finished look. I didn't book for make up (which I'm hoping I don't regrethuh.gif), but I'm thinking of just doing it myself. With it being so hot I'm just planning on using a bronzer-type powder which I will take along to touch up, a neutral lip gloss, and the big deal would be eyes. Guess we'll see!

Tina - I was wondering what your thoughts were for the different restaurants? We are having our wedding dinner at the Arrecifies restaurant for 17 (We lost a guest). I also sent an e-mail asking if we could book a reservation for 15 for a welcome dinner. They said we could have a reservation at either Manglar (Italian buffet at Nizuc Lobby), Gondola (Italian buffet in Sunrise Lobby), or Fragata (Seafood buffet). I wasn't a huge fan of buffets for this, but they stated that Barracuda is not available. I thought about just going to a restaurant the day of and taking my chances, but I'm not sure what the capacity of the hotel is like. I know earlier brides said it was near empty due to swine flu drama, but haven't read anything like that recently (thank goodness!) Any suggestions? I wish there was a restaurant in Grand Moon that would hold us, but nothing has that as an option.

Also, thanks for the suggestions for the flowers! I'm doing an all Gerber daisy theme and was thinking about just selecting when we got there. I'm starting to think I'll do a little google searching and find an image to e-mail as a suggestion for them.
Eureaka, Two of my biggest concerns were my hair and makeup. I did research before and had a couple makeovers at Sephora and took my own makeup. I did take a chance on their services. I took two pictures for hair (i wanted something similar to the front of one and the back of the other). Doris was my hair/makeup person in the Nizuk Salon. SHE WAS AMAZING!. My hair was better than I could ever imagine. It lasted all day and even the dunking of the wedding party in the pool..... It was still amazing! Doris used half of my makeup and some of hers. She did such an amazing job with it (very natural looking), it actually made one of my girlfriends cry when she saw me finished. She was there for the hair but missed the makeup part of the session until the last couple minutes. She just started crying and said I was soooo BEAUTIFUL.

Funny part of this - the reason my hair lasted was bobbie pins!! ALL 90 of them!! HA!! My DH is an engineer and had to count them the next morning. It took us a while to find them in my curly hair and get them all out that night!! HAHAHA!!!

Restuarants - You and all your guests are going to love Arrecifes!! We had our Friday night dinner there. Everyone had a blast !

I will make a suggestion for your other night. Carribean in the Grand Moon Section. On Thursdy night, our crew of 27, met for drinks/sushi appetizers at the rooftop bar that is located just above Carribean (You will love it here, we spent several evenings up there). Without reservations, we went down and asked if they could sit us and keep us somewhat together. They put us in two long tables right next to each other and we loved it.

The best place we ate at during our stay was the Italian resturant at the Golf/Spa building that isn't in any of the sections (I forget the name of the restaurant). Definitely, give that a try one night if you have an extra night. We didn't have reservations the night we went (I think we had 14) They split us up between two tables close to each other but not so much within talking distance. This is a very nice restuarant and the only time the guys all wore long pants.

I asked about capacity and was told they were at 40% while we were there. It never seemed very busy. The only times we had to wait and it was only a short time was Thursday for Carribean (but we started with drinks/appetizers up at the rooftop bar so that wasn't that big a deal) and the night we went to the Golf/Spa section with 14.

Thanks for the suggestions Tina! I might send back an e-mail to the salon requesting her! I'm going to pick up my make up tomorrow so I will talk to one of the people there and get suggestions. :) Also, thanks for the head's up about the capacity and the Caribbean restaurant! That sounds like a great idea! If we put in our names ahead of time and have everyone gather on the rooftop they won't realize that they are waiting! Whoohoo! :) What type of food do they have there?

We are arriving on Wednesday (7/29) and guests start arriving on Thursday so we will be busy bees on the first day! Originally our flight was suppose to arrive around 10, but they canceled our flight and rescheduled us on one that doesn't even arrive into Mexico until 12:30...argh! I was super nervous about the 3:00 three days prior thing, but I e-mailed the hotel immediately and they reassured me that it should be fine. Fingers are crossed for an on-time flight with easy customs! My parents are bringing the suitcase with the OOT bags so we won't have those to worry about. We do have to decide on luggage and figure out how we are fitting all of our stuff inside though!

Tina Congrats on getting married!!! You looked amazing and the photos are wonderful.

We are right now going around and fighting with the Moon Palace to honor some things because we didn't book our rooms through them directly but went through RCI they aren't giving us or our guests credit for anything and we have 21 ppl there so far and more to book so I am soooo mad. Did you run into any problems like that?

Quote:
Whoops! I forgot to mention.... 90 bobbie pins! WOW! LOL :) Whatever works, right?!
If you look at my slideshow, you will see how 90 bps worked..... OMG, I was so ecstatic when I saw my hair..... I wanted to bring her back with me because never in my life has my hair been that amazing ALL day!!

Carribean had a mix of steaks, seafood, (I think we had lamb too), and other things. Everyone enjoyed it and they were great to accommodate our group that was already upstairs. We did it right because they have great sushi rolls / appetizers upstairs at the rooftop bar. People were able to drink and snack until the tables were ready.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FutureMsMoulton View Post
Tina Congrats on getting married!!! You looked amazing and the photos are wonderful.

We are right now going around and fighting with the Moon Palace to honor some things because we didn't book our rooms through them directly but went through RCI they aren't giving us or our guests credit for anything and we have 21 ppl there so far and more to book so I am soooo mad. Did you run into any problems like that?
Thank You!! We had a wonderful relaxing time.

We had no problems. I think every room got their spa credit, which everyone raved about and the people who wanted to do the tours got them too. We signed a contract with them in late 2008 though. I was concerned about that but that was the least of our wories there....... and we didn't have many.

Quote:

Is RCI a separate travel agent? They say that the passport promotion is valid only if you book directly with the Moon Palace, but I know I've read of other travel agents that had a deal with them where they would honor it with them as well. Maybe your travel agent doesn't have this agreement with them? If you are booking through a travel agent, I would talk to them and see if they could contact MP and see if they could work out a deal. I do know that the promotions they give you are only the ones they have in place at the time you sign your contract and the promotions do change time to time. Hope this helps!

Thanks Tina! I have decided to go with the Caribbean restaurant! :)

Quote:
Is RCI a separate travel agent? They say that the passport promotion is valid only if you book directly with the Moon Palace, but I know I've read of other travel agents that had a deal with them where they would honor it with them as well. Maybe your travel agent doesn't have this agreement with them? If you are booking through a travel agent, I would talk to them and see if they could contact MP and see if they could work out a deal. I do know that the promotions they give you are only the ones they have in place at the time you sign your contract and the promotions do change time to time. Hope this helps!
I actually Called Claudia a few weeks ago to get a number for our 10+ guests who need to book rooms to call them and she hasn't gotten back to me so I got a travel agent because I was so frustrated with not getting any answers. It sucks because I can't even send out the invites until I can tell guests where they can call or who to contact to book it!

Quote:
I actually Called Claudia a few weeks ago to get a number for our 10+ guests who need to book rooms to call them and she hasn't gotten back to me so I got a travel agent because I was so frustrated with not getting any answers. It sucks because I can't even send out the invites until I can tell guests where they can call or who to contact to book it!
Have you thought about changing TAs? I know I have seen a couple TAs on this site that said they could get an agreement that honors the MP promotions and the TA we used was also able to do that and lock in the items they were offering at the time we signed the contract.